+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thank You Steve Smith

With him leaving....Cruz was able to step up. Kindve like how the O had to become more balanced since Tiki left. Eli had to step up with new, young WRs after Plax left. I love how we have matured over the years. I wonder what S.S. was thinking watching that 49ers game.

Re: Thank You Steve Smith

[quote user="DEgiants89"]With him leaving....Cruz was able to step up. Kindve like how the O had to become more balanced since Tiki left. Eli had to step up with new, young WRs after Plax left. I love how we have matured over the years. I wonder what S.S. was thinking watching that 49ers game.
    [/quote]

as one of the biggest steve smith fans when he was with the giants we are much better with cruz. while they share some similarties he could never be like cruz in terms of passes beyond 20yds. also he couldn't break tackles or make people miss like cruz he was true possesion receiver.

hixon also helps in cruz having the year he had cause at time early in the year the trio was nicks, manningham and hixon.

Hopefully Hixon can have a healthy recovery and come back and help us in the return game.

Eisen made a great point last week on NFL Network.

He said when Eli got the Giants to the SB last time it was with Plax, Toomer, Smith and Boss.

This time, its literally a brand new set of targets.

it really is amazing.

[quote user="NYtoSanDiego"][quote user="DEgiants89"]With him leaving....Cruz was able to step up. Kindve like how the O had to become more balanced since Tiki left. Eli had to step up with new, young WRs after Plax left. I love how we have matured over the years. I wonder what S.S. was thinking watching that 49ers game.
    [/quote] as one of the biggest steve smith fans when he was with the giants we are much better with cruz. while they share some similarties he could never be like cruz in terms of passes beyond 20yds. also he couldn't break tackles or make people miss like cruz he was true possesion receiver. hixon also helps in cruz having the year he had cause at time early in the year the trio was nicks, manningham and hixon.[/quote]

I always like Hixon in the return game and as a # 4 WR, but I never ever wanted him as a # 3. I was hopping to see Cruz get a legit shot just soley based off of what he did in preseason last year because I wasn't satisified with the other WRs (Hixon, Barden, Beckum) anyway.

Still wouldn't mind giving SS an inexpensive 1 year deal after this year (if healthy) if MM takes off.

All-Pro

listen Steve is a Giants hero, his injury was very unfortunate and his leaving the team was very understandable ... yes, he went to hated Philly, but maybe that was his best offer

let's just give credit to the Giants org. for bringing Mr. Cruz into camp last season and, naturally, the most credit goes to Victor for playing his butt off

[quote user="G-Man67"]listen Steve is a Giants hero, his injury was very unfortunate and his leaving the team was very understandable ... yes, he went to hated Philly, but maybe that was his best offer

let's just give credit to the Giants org. for bringing Mr. Cruz into camp last season and, naturally, the most credit goes to Victor for playing his butt off[/quote]

i wouldn't mind having stevie back but i would not want to lose mario. nicks, mario and victor for whatever it is are the same but different and each has a very special skill that i don't think it would be the same if one part was missing.

example, i don't think smith makes that 3rd and 15 catch against san fran for a td and neither does cruz but mario and nicks can. mario and nicks has similar skill sets depending on the situation like fade balls, but mario and cruz has similar skill sets in the slot.

If we had a healthy SS this year..... he would have played slot and been very very successful. Nix and Cruz would be the wide outs and been great also. Mario M. would have been used less. Our record would have been much better... because of the chemistry with Eli and SS.... the chains would have been moved much much more for 1st downs. Longer drives... more TDs..... less time for our Defense on the field. But .... we are in the Super Bowl now.... no complaints. Just wish SS was still a healthy Giant.
    RonnieRotten - Las Vegas, NV.

Veteran

[quote user="RonnieRotten"]If we had a healthy SS this year..... he would have played slot and been very very successful. Nix and Cruz would be the wide outs and been great also. Mario M. would have been used less.* Our record would have been much better... because of the chemistry with Eli and SS.... the chains would have been moved much much more for 1st downs. Longer drives... more TDs..... less time for our Defense on the field. But .... we are in the Super Bowl now.... no complaints.* Just wish SS was still a healthy Giant.
    RonnieRotten - Las Vegas, NV.
    [/quote]

hmm..idk idk.. I can't put SS over MM... sorry I disagree

[quote user="manning to shockey"]Hopefully Hixon can have a healthy recovery and come back and help us in the return game.[/quote]

After 2 ACLs in a row?

I think Hixon is done.
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime