+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

A couple thoughts on the game

I dont even know what to say but lets win it all Big Blue.
    To me the biggest threat was the saints, so we can thank 49ers for winning that game. I was conifdent against Falcons and GB and kinda back and forth vs 49ers but felt we would eke it out. Pats I think we match up good against. We beat them before this year and we are a lot better than back than.

I expect to score a lot more points. I think the 49ers hosed down the field a little before the game to create an even more sloppy field which negates our wrs and passing game. This time it will be played in a dry surface indoors and expect Manning to play a lot better and that's scary. Not overconfident but I think this team can play with anyone now.

McKenzie really needs to get his game under control, he was awful at times last game, I was hoping he got benched or Eli would grab him by the mask and scream at him. He needs to do better job.

Killdrive I will say 2 things only. Stop with the WR screen play ? when has it worked. You figure with 40 years of coaching you can think of 1 more play to use instead of that.

On 1st down I know you are pass happy but can you stick in a couple of runs ? So we dont need Eli to make countless miraculous throws on 3rd down all the time. Yes we converted the 3rd downs and won the game but still it wasnt easy ! Just saying why throw so much on 1st down when most of the 1st down throws were incomplete and we were digging ourselves in a hole. Especially when 2nd and 10 usually is a run which everyone knows and is ready for, which than will bring in a hard 3rd and long.
    I am not saying all the time but sometimes run it instead.

Thats all I am saying nothing more !

Defense played really good for most of the game except when Davis made the big plays, I saw where Kenny was lined up and I was thinking he better give a little more cushion. I dont know if the idea was to jam him and show to Smith that he was manning him 1 on 1 so that he would go to him when we in fact had disguise on play ? if we didnt than I wonder why Kenny would think he would run with him. Regardless he hurt us on 2 big plays. Hopefully we are ready for Pats TE's I dont think they possess the same type of speed as Davis but still both of them are very productive.

Special teams wow I never thought I would say this but you guys really played a huge role in our win. Great stuff.

I still dont think that the giants played there best game yet....... lets hope all 3 phases play all out and amazing for the SB.

Re: A couple thoughts on the game

[quote user="sheepdip"]I dont even know what to say but lets win it all Big Blue.
    To me the biggest threat was the saints, so we can thank 49ers for winning that game.* I was conifdent against Falcons and GB and kinda back and forth vs 49ers but felt we would eke it out. Pats I think we match up good against. We beat them before this year and we are a lot better than back than.

I expect to score a lot more points. I think the 49ers hosed down the field a little before the game to create an even more sloppy field which negates our wrs and passing game. This time it will be played in a dry surface indoors and expect Manning to play a lot better and that's scary. Not overconfident but I think this team can play with anyone now.

McKenzie really needs to get his game under control, he was awful at times last game, I was hoping he got benched or Eli would grab him by the mask and scream at him. He needs to do better job.

Killdrive I will say 2 things only. Stop with the WR screen play ? when has it worked. You figure with 40 years of coaching you can think of 1 more play to use instead of that.

On 1st down I know you are pass happy but can you stick in a couple of runs ? So we dont need Eli to make countless miraculous throws on 3rd down all the time. Yes we converted the 3rd downs and won the game but still it wasnt easy ! Just saying why throw so much on 1st down when most of the 1st down throws were incomplete and we were digging ourselves in a hole. Especially when 2nd and 10 usually is a run which everyone knows and is ready for, which than will bring in a hard 3rd and long.

Defense played really good for most of the game except when Davis made the big plays, I saw where Kenny was lined up and I was thinking he better give a little more cushion. I dont know if the idea was to jam him and show to Smith that he was manning him 1 on 1 so that he would go to him when we in fact had disguise on play ? if we didnt than I wonder why Kenny would think he would run with him. Regardless he hurt us on 2 big plays. Hopefully we are ready for Pats TE's I dont think they possess the same type of speed as Davis but still both of them are very productive.

Special teams wow I never thought I would say this but you guys really played a huge role in our win. Great stuff.

I still dont think that the giants played there best game yet....... lets hope all 3 phases play all out and amazing for the SB.

[/quote]

Bradshaw can't get shutdown like ray rice.

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"][quote user="sheepdip"]I dont even know what to say but lets win it all Big Blue.
    To me the biggest threat was the saints, so we can thank 49ers for winning that game. I was conifdent against Falcons and GB and kinda back and forth vs 49ers but felt we would eke it out. Pats I think we match up good against. We beat them before this year and we are a lot better than back than.

[/quote] Bradshaw can't get shutdown like ray rice.[/quote]

I don't think AB will get shut down like Rice did. NE will have to worry a LOT more about Manning and his WRs then they did against Flacco and his WR corp. I think AB is going to have a big game both as a runner and a receiver.

Our ST have been SOLID this year, and obviously were a big part of the win against SF.

I'm VERY confident about this game. I wouldn't be shocked, of course, if we lost because we're talking about the Pats here, but I feel very confident.

You lied again thats more than "a couple ".

Nothing to worry about Giants Fans.

This is excellent. Being absolutely sure you're going to win allows you to sit back and actually enjoy the nonstop coverage of your favorite team.

Right now I'm comparing the analysis of this game vs the 07 game. Its pretty interesting.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

All-Pro

ok sheep, while you are far from the worst coach hater on the forum ... you have been consistently hating for years, esp. on KG, so would you be OK with Mr. Gilbride if we win another Super Bowl and, well, we get say, at least 24 points ... or is the relationship beyond repair ?

Veteran

[quote user="G-Man67"]ok sheep, while you are far from the worst coach hater on the forum ... you have been consistently hating for years, esp. on KG, so would you be OK with Mr. Gilbride if we win another Super Bowl and, well, we get say, at least 24 points ... or is the relationship beyond repair ? [/quote]

its beyond repair. Like I always say we as a team overcome a lot of coaches mistakes.

TC blew a delay of game call that put Tynes kick 5 yards back. No one cares or even notices how big of a coaching mistake that was. We won so he is now talked about hall of fame coach if we win another SB. I am not saying TC isnt a good coach but winning sure hides a lot of issues.

Killdrive I backed off a bit in the playoffs. but i made 2 comments.

I am ecstatic that we are winning and cant believe it were in the superbowl and after 49ers game I just sat with an awe.

Hope that answers your question. I dont care if people dont like me here. I dont flip flop. I am a giants fan like everyone else here. I am just not a homer.

[quote user="sheepdip"][quote user="G-Man67"]ok sheep, while you are far from the worst coach hater on the forum ... you have been consistently hating for years, esp. on KG, so would you be OK with Mr. Gilbride if we win another Super Bowl and, well, we get say, at least 24 points ... or is the relationship beyond repair ? [/quote]

its beyond repair. Like I always say we as a team overcome a lot of coaches mistakes.

TC blew a delay of game call that put Tynes kick 5 yards back. No one cares or even notices how big of a coaching mistake that was. We won so he is now talked about hall of fame coach if we win another SB. I am not saying TC isnt a good coach but winning sure hides a lot of issues.

I am ecstatic that we are winning and cant believe it were in the superbowl and after 49ers game I just sat with an awe.

Hope that answers your question. I dont care if people dont like me here. I dont flip flop. I am a giants fan like everyone else here. I am just not a homer.
    [/quote]

All coaches make mistakes. All the HOF coaches made mistakes. But its the "mistakes" that are not made that count as well.Such as coaching the players vs the Ninersto getyour yards then pretty much go down to avoind fumbling or geting stripped. Thats was a great philosophy lastweek. The delay of game was a blessing indisguise because they got a better area on the field to make the kick. Just ask Tynes and Weatherford.

I much rather KG call the games then a message board poster. Some plays whether they work or not are there to set up future plays against the same coverages.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="sheepdip"][quote user="G-Man67"]ok sheep, while you are far from the worst coach hater on the forum ... you have been consistently hating for years, esp. on KG, so would you be OK with Mr. Gilbride if we win another Super Bowl and, well, we get say, at least 24 points ... or is the relationship beyond repair ? [/quote]

[/quote]

All coaches make mistakes. All the HOF coaches made mistakes. But its the "mistakes" that are not made that count as well.*Such as coaching the players vs the Niners*to get*your yards then pretty much go down to avoind fumbling or geting stripped. Thats was a great philosophy last*week.* The delay of game was a blessing in*disguise because they got a better area on the field to make the kick. Just ask Tynes and Weatherford.

I much rather KG call the games then a message board poster. Some plays whether they work or not are there to set up future plays against the same coverages.

[/quote]

I just can't bring myself to say anything against an OC that has coached a top 10 offense the past 4 years and 2 Super Bowl appearances.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

He probably thinks he can call a better game than KG. Was TC not calling a timeout a big coaching mistake moving the ball back 5 yards....nope.