+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Bench Player

Why does everyone hate us?

I have been a Giant fan my entire life and it seems that no matter what the entire leauges fans cant stand us. Why? I cant figure out if its jealousy or what... or maybe its just cause were New York.....

Re: Why does everyone hate us?

Because we are successful. 3 super bowls in the last 25 years, one of the higher numbers in the league.

Just like lot of people hate the Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, 9ers.

Bench Player

Yeah thats true i guess but it seems were hated the most, even AFC teams on the west coast... I just dont get it

Hi you guys. I am a Chargers die hard fan who lives in Cali for years. I also love the GMEN. They are my second favorite team for the past 7 years. (Always have to have a second fav team.) The reason why most Charger fans dont like (but respect) the Giants is becaause of the whole Eli Manning draft thing. I personally dont care. I am a fan of New York and I have loved Osi ever since he came to the league. Heck i love the whole D line. But That is why on the west coast most fans dont like the Giants. They think that Eli Manning really put San Diego and its franchise down and made them feel like Eli was too good to be in SD. As far as other people here out on the west coast hating the Giants, I dont know why. It has to be jealously. I always wanted to be a New Yorker in every aspect. The confidence is amazing. Anyways, finally posted on here for years. But good luck in the SB BLUE MEN.

Bench Player

Thanks for the input! I know their are acceptions out their but the majority of the football nation does hate us...thats fine though we'll just hate back

[quote user="caligmengal"]Hi you guys. I am a Chargers die hard fan who lives in Cali for years. I also love the GMEN. They are my second favorite team for the past 7 years. (Always have to have a second fav team.) The reason why most Charger fans dont like (but respect) the Giants is becaause of the whole Eli Manning draft thing. I personally dont care. I am a fan of New York and I have loved Osi ever since he came to the league. Heck i love the whole D line. But That is why on the west coast most fans dont like the Giants. They think that Eli Manning really put San Diego and its franchise down and made them feel like Eli was too good to be in SD. As far as other people here out on the west coast hating the Giants, I dont know why. It has to be jealously. I always wanted to be a New Yorker in every aspect. The confidence is amazing. Anyways, finally posted on here for years. But good luck in the SB BLUE MEN.[/quote]

I cant speak for ELI but if I were him at that time I would have not wanted to play in the AFC WEST. The NFC EAST is a very tough division, and ELI is a tough competitor, so, I think he wanted to go to a tougher Division . He will always have to work and produce harder than Peyton to get out of his shadow so this Division was a good start for him. Also I wouldnt have wanted to ride the bench behind brees the way he would have probably have had to do as well. Me personally , I wouldnt have wanted to be on the same team as brees.

Bench Player

Well if you want to be a New Yorker walk the talk we say! I'm a New Yorker living in Ca. Loving the weather and that's that
    But NOT forgetting where I came from. I LOVED EVery minute the GIANtTS BEAT the 9nrs in there own territory !!! That's what makes it that much SWEETER. And hey MANNING he's ,educated he uses his brain when he plays ball he does not even run so much.He let's his team run once he puts it in play and work the ball. He's smart . That's why people don't like him bottom line and you know it. He didn'tt want to play for SD. So what. you guys bug out why? Because you really thought you could get um he said NO.Business is business.

If I were a Packers fan, I'd be hating the living Hell out of Big Blue. In 07 Lambeau field, frozen tundra ( -17 Degrees ), Lombardi, Starr, Favre. The last pass Favre threw as a Packer ( Webster has it in glass somewhere ). Big Blue wins in overtime.Giants go on to win SB. This year? Same deal back in their own house, SB Champs, 15-1, #1 Seed. The Giants Spanked 'em...Oh yeah their Hating

The New England Patriots ? ( Let me count the ways )

They're 18-0, the Giants arrive in Black attire ( Signifying a Patriot's Funeral ) Eli opens with longest opening drive in SB history. Giants D-Line turned Brady into a " Crash Dummy " Eli, Tyree, Plaxico...Bye Bye 18-1 Patriots. This year 10 win winning streak. Last loss Big Blue in Gillette Stadium ( Ending 21 home game winning streak ) Will play in this years Super Bowl staring at....Guess who ? Oh yeah, Serious hate going on in Bean Town.

The San Francisco 49ers

Rodger Craig Fumbles and LT gobbles it up. Matt Bar kicks Big Blue to the SB. This year ? #2 Seed , Williams Fumbles. Tynes kicks Big Blue to the SB in over time. Giants have been to 3 SB's since. Seething TV smashing fans, Yeah their Hating ( Make that really hating )

Veteran

It's a combination of a lot of things: big city, confident fans, successful team, Eli Manning, lots of press, they lose their bets when betting against us, their own team sucks.....

[quote user="pino"]It's a combination of a lot of things: big city, confident fans, successful team, Eli Manning, lots of press, they lose their bets when betting against us, their own team sucks.....[/quote]
    all valid reasons