+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why does everyone hate us?

Re: Why does everyone hate us?

Everyone does not hate us.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="Bread"]With some exceptions, people here are by far the most dramatic, rudest and most delusional fans, I have ever encountered.[/quote]

So, how long have you not been on the Eagles board?
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Starter

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="Bread"]With some exceptions, people here are by far the most dramatic, rudest and most delusional fans, I have ever encountered.[/quote]

So, how long have you not been on the Eagles board?
    [/quote]Funny, that you ask that, I actually got banned for posting a similar rant against our own fans after a fan incident. Props to the mods here for having thick skin, some boards ban you just for being an opposing fan (Ahem, Jets)

[quote user="pino"]It's a combination of a lot of things: big city, confident fans, successful team, Eli Manning, lots of press, they lose their bets when betting against us, their own team sucks.....[/quote]
    all valid reasons

[quote user="Bread"]Its because most New Yorkers are a##holes who act like a##holes yet look down your noses at other fanbases and cities, at the same time. With some exceptions, people here are by far the most dramatic, rudest and most delusional fans, I have ever encountered. Most New Yorkers will tell you that NY is the greatest place to live in North America, when its not. Also, because ESPN has a NY bias, by overrating guys like Sanchez and protecting fan incidents from getting out and covering your teams every move. That is why most people hate New York, its not because you're New York, its because most New Yorkers are D-Bags, plain and simple.[/quote]
    Pretty bold statements from someone who lives in Philly

Starter

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="Bread"]Its because most New Yorkers are a##holes who act like a##holes yet look down your noses at other fanbases and cities, at the same time. With some exceptions, people here are by far the most dramatic, rudest and most delusional fans, I have ever encountered. Most New Yorkers will tell you that NY is the greatest place to live in North America, when its not. Also, because ESPN has a NY bias, by overrating guys like Sanchez and protecting fan incidents from getting out and covering your teams every move. That is why most people hate New York, its not because you're New York, its because most New Yorkers are D-Bags, plain and simple.[/quote]
    [/quote]Pretty true ones, as well....and I live in New York for the record.

[quote user="Bread"][quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="Bread"]Its because most New Yorkers are a##holes who act like a##holes yet look down your noses at other fanbases and cities, at the same time. With some exceptions, people here are by far the most dramatic, rudest and most delusional fans, I have ever encountered. Most New Yorkers will tell you that NY is the greatest place to live in North America, when its not. Also, because ESPN has a NY bias, by overrating guys like Sanchez and protecting fan incidents from getting out and covering your teams every move. That is why most people hate New York, its not because you're New York, its because most New Yorkers are D-Bags, plain and simple.[/quote]
    [/quote]Pretty true ones, as well....and I live in New York for the record.[/quote]
    Oh really? I see....well, try to imagine being a Giants fan living in Philly, you would probably have a similar (if not worst) view of Philly as a city

Starter

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="Bread"][quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="Bread"]Its because most New Yorkers are a##holes who act like a##holes yet look down your noses at other fanbases and cities, at the same time. With some exceptions, people here are by far the most dramatic, rudest and most delusional fans, I have ever encountered. Most New Yorkers will tell you that NY is the greatest place to live in North America, when its not. Also, because ESPN has a NY bias, by overrating guys like Sanchez and protecting fan incidents from getting out and covering your teams every move. That is why most people hate New York, its not because you're New York, its because most New Yorkers are D-Bags, plain and simple.[/quote]
    [/quote]Pretty true ones, as well....and I live in New York for the record.[/quote]
    Oh really? I see....well, try to imagine being a Giants fan living in Philly, you would probably have a similar (if not worst) view of Philly as a city
    [/quote]You have a great point. That still doesnt explain why everyone else hates the Giants, its not because you play in New York either because no one hated the Jets, pre-Rex Ryan.

Bench Player

Bread in one topic you say New york is the best and in another you trash it?? Whats with that?

Bench Player

Bread is confused, he, like most eagle fans, have a tremendous amount of dislike for the giants which is rooted in jealousy. Therefore he will only "see" the negative aspects about the giants while ignoring the positive ones.

All fanbases are roughly equal, you're gonna have D-bags and intelligent people. We can point to anecdotal evidence i.e. "the 49r fans were trolls so all 49r fans are jacked up" but really were seeing a tiny percentage of the fans and can't actually draw that conclusion with any degree of accuracy.

Eagle fans who feel the need to boast about their team on a Giants message board are really just despondent and entitled, (check out all the posts on igglephans or EMB where they say "but...but..but...we beat the Giants once this year snivel*") take from it what you will. People need to learn how to win or lose with grace, at least I can respect someone who can admit, when their team lost that they lost, not due to "luck" but becasue their team lost.

+ Reply to Thread