+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Why does everyone hate us?

Bench Player

Re: Why does everyone hate us?

But i saw in a topic a few days ago about how much he loves the giants and how new york city is the best... I think hes confused... I dont know what to think

Bread, my man; Its very amusing to me that you say this about NYers in general and the Giants fanbase, yet you proudly consider yourself a fan of a team widely acknowledged to have one of the most if not the most classless, vile fanbase in all of sports.

If you were a GB fan or a Browns fan or a Colts fan or something like that, it'd be different, but a Philly fan trashing the Giants fanbase as a bad one?

Too funny...

[quote user="caligmengal"]Hi you guys. I am a Chargers die hard fan who lives in Cali for years. I also love the GMEN. They are my second favorite team for the past 7 years. (Always have to have a second fav team.) The reason why most Charger fans dont like (but respect) the Giants is becaause of the whole Eli Manning draft thing. I personally dont care. I am a fan of New York and I have loved Osi ever since he came to the league. Heck i love the whole D line. But That is why on the west coast most fans dont like the Giants. They think that Eli Manning really put San Diego and its franchise down and made them feel like Eli was too good to be in SD. As far as other people here out on the west coast hating the Giants, I dont know why. It has to be jealously. I always wanted to be a New Yorker in every aspect. The confidence is amazing. Anyways, finally posted on here for years. But good luck in the SB BLUE MEN.[/quote]

I cant speak for ELI but if I were him at that time I would have not wanted to play in the AFC WEST. The NFC EAST is a very tough division, and ELI is a tough competitor, so, I think he wanted to go to a tougher Division . He will always have to work and produce harder than Peyton to get out of his shadow so this Division was a good start for him. Also I wouldnt have wanted to ride the bench behind brees the way he would have probably have had to do as well. Me personally , I wouldnt have wanted to be on the same team as brees.

We're boring...no cheerleaders, no trick plays, no superstar free agent signings, no dome, no mascots just football...we are the flagship of the nfl...we play for championships not notoriety...it's about TEAM.....

I know, why does everyone hate us?

I rather buy Desean jackson and all these sexy players and be deemed the "dream team" than win championships, have heart, and get to the super bowl.

Starter

[quote user="GiantWarfare"]Bread, my man; Its very amusing to me that you say this about NYers in general and the Giants fanbase, yet you proudly consider yourself a fan of a team widely acknowledged to have one of the most if not the most classless, vile fanbase in all of sports.

If you were a GB fan or a Browns fan or a Colts fan or something like that, it'd be different, but a Philly fan trashing the Giants fanbase as a bad one?

Too funny...[/quote]Whats funny is how much of a hypocrite, you're being. You have in the past, dissed Eagles fans but when one disses New Yorkers, theres a problem? Dont forget, Philadelphians have a rep for being terrible sports fans, but that repuatation ends at sports. New Yorkers repuatation goes behind sports.

Same reason they hate the yankees.

Too much succes!!

Starter

[quote user="AJKilo"]Bread is confused, he, like most eagle fans, have a tremendous amount of dislike for the giants which is rooted in jealousy. Therefore he will only "see" the negative aspects about the giants while ignoring the positive ones.

All fanbases are roughly equal, you're gonna have D-bags and intelligent people. We can point to anecdotal evidence i.e. "the 49r fans were trolls so all 49r fans are jacked up" but really were seeing a tiny percentage of the fans and can't actually draw that conclusion with any degree of accuracy.

Eagle fans who feel the need to boast about their team on a Giants message board are really just despondent and entitled, (check out all the posts on igglephans or EMB where they say "but...but..but...we beat the Giants once this year snivel*") take from it what you will. People need to learn how to win or lose with grace, at least I can respect someone who can admit, when their team lost that they lost, not due to "luck" but becasue their team lost.[/quote]Than why do Niners fans dislike you? They have multiple rings, why would they be jealous? Last time they played you in the playoffs, the Giants lost in embarrassing fashion. You're in denial.

Bench Player

Because we've played them in several championship games which has left an impression on both franchises. Way to ignore the rest of my post as well.

Additionally you can point to any team and say "explain the unique relationship your franchise has with that one" it still doesn't change the relationship between the eagles and giants. Philadelphians are haters, plain and simple, who hate the fact that their division rival has been successful while they have not, thus the epic amount of whining.

In all fairness though as I said in my other post fanbases are roughly equal and generally we just perpetuate stereotypes because it helps us resolve the cognitive dissonance that arises from normal people being fans of teams we don't like.

Bench Player

[quote user="Bread"][quote user="AJKilo"]Bread is confused, he, like most eagle fans, have a tremendous amount of dislike for the giants which is rooted in jealousy. Therefore he will only "see" the negative aspects about the giants while ignoring the positive ones.

All fanbases are roughly equal, you're gonna have D-bags and intelligent people. We can point to anecdotal evidence i.e. "the 49r fans were trolls so all 49r fans are jacked up" but really were seeing a tiny percentage of the fans and can't actually draw that conclusion with any degree of accuracy.

Eagle fans who feel the need to boast about their team on a Giants message board are really just despondent and entitled, (check out all the posts on igglephans or EMB where they say "but...but..but...we beat the Giants once this year snivel*") take from it what you will. People need to learn how to win or lose with grace, at least I can respect someone who can admit, when their team lost that they lost, not due to "luck" but becasue their team lost.[/quote]Than why do Niners fans dislike you? They have multiple rings, why would they be jealous? Last time they played you in the playoffs, the Giants lost in embarrassing fashion. You're in denial.[/quote]

Also, how am I in denial? I'm aware of the history. Just because one teams fans are jealous doesn't mean that that is the only reason a teams fans would dislike us.

+ Reply to Thread