+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Why does everyone hate us?

Re: Why does everyone hate us?

[quote user="Billyde508"]I have been a Giant fan my entire life and it seems that no matter what the entire leauges fans cant stand us. Why? I cant figure out if its jealousy or what... or maybe its just cause were New York.....[/quote]
    It's BOTH, and also a few more things, they may have lost money betting, I have friends that are Mets fans and they Hate the Yankees ! Yankee fans Hate the Red Soxs and so on . It's a Sports Thing...It's all in Fun, but I'll take WINNING over lossing Anytime !

Starter

[quote user="AJKilo"]Because we've played them in several championship games which has left an impression on both franchises. Way to ignore the rest of my post as well.

Additionally you can point to any team and say "explain the unique relationship your franchise has with that one" it still doesn't change the relationship between the eagles and giants. Philadelphians are haters, plain and simple, who hate the fact that their division rival has been successful while they have not, thus the epic amount of whining.

In all fairness though as I said in my other post fanbases are roughly equal and generally we just perpetuate stereotypes because it helps us resolve the cognitive dissonance that arises from normal people being fans of teams we don't like.[/quote]The Skins have rings and a rich history and we dont. Why dont we hate the Skins?

Bench Player

Because the skins have been irrelevent in recent memory. If there was a situation where the skins and eagles were in contention you would likely see much more open bad blood. Also considering how most eagles fans I've met refer to them as the foreskins id say there is a good degree of dislike there as well.

[quote user="Bread"]Than why do Niners fans dislike you? They have multiple rings, why would they be jealous? Last time they played you in the playoffs, the Giants lost in embarrassing fashion..[/quote]

(A) because that last time they played in the playoffs was NINE YEARS AGO and was also their last playoff appearance.... while the Giants have gone to the playoffs 5 more times and won a Super Bowl.

(B) Because in 1990 the Giants beat them at home in the NFC CG preventing a potential 49er three-peat (they won the SB back-to-back in 88-89). They also essentially ended Joe Montana's 49er career in that game, ending their golden era.

(C) Because their last taste of victory was in 1994, 17 years ago and that's a lot of dust and a generation of fans who never experienced that victory live.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="pino"]It's a combination of a lot of things: big city, confident fans, successful team, Eli Manning, lots of press, they lose their bets when betting against us, their own team sucks.....[/quote]

basically.

it is eye-opening though.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Everyone hates the winners, it's quite simple.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Bench Player

Well if you want to be a New Yorker walk the talk we say! I'm a New Yorker living in Ca. Loving the weather and that's that
    But NOT forgetting where I came from. I LOVED EVery minute the GIANtTS BEAT the 9nrs in there own territory !!! That's what makes it that much SWEETER. And hey MANNING he's ,educated he uses his brain when he plays ball he does not even run so much.He let's his team run once he puts it in play and work the ball. He's smart . That's why people don't like him bottom line and you know it. He didn'tt want to play for SD. So what. you guys bug out why? Because you really thought you could get um he said NO.Business is business.

If I were a Packers fan, I'd be hating the living Hell out of Big Blue. In 07 Lambeau field, frozen tundra ( -17 Degrees ), Lombardi, Starr, Favre. The last pass Favre threw as a Packer ( Webster has it in glass somewhere ). Big Blue wins in overtime.Giants go on to win SB. This year? Same deal back in their own house, SB Champs, 15-1, #1 Seed. The Giants Spanked 'em...Oh yeah their Hating

The New England Patriots ? ( Let me count the ways )

They're 18-0, the Giants arrive in Black attire ( Signifying a Patriot's Funeral ) Eli opens with longest opening drive in SB history. Giants D-Line turned Brady into a " Crash Dummy " Eli, Tyree, Plaxico...Bye Bye 18-1 Patriots. This year 10 win winning streak. Last loss Big Blue in Gillette Stadium ( Ending 21 home game winning streak ) Will play in this years Super Bowl staring at....Guess who ? Oh yeah, Serious hate going on in Bean Town.

The San Francisco 49ers

Rodger Craig Fumbles and LT gobbles it up. Matt Bar kicks Big Blue to the SB. This year ? #2 Seed , Williams Fumbles. Tynes kicks Big Blue to the SB in over time. Giants have been to 3 SB's since. Seething TV smashing fans, Yeah their Hating ( Make that really hating )

Bench Player

It's not the like or dislike that I hate that's just human nature. What toasts my shorts is the disrespect we are given by the media. It's alway the other team that gets the majority of exposer on pregames. Just yesterday there were more stories on the 9'ers than the Gmen. You'd think they were going to SB

Bench Player

It's a NY thing fellas. Being in the military for 20 years and travelling to other states, we are already perceived as having an attitude problem just by accent alone. People hate the Yankees for the same reasons other countries hate AMERICA. It's the center of the universe and people fear what they don't know. Haters are gonna hate.

Jeepman out.

+ Reply to Thread