+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Safety upgrade coming soon...what ya think?

Kenny Phillips is nowhere near the caliber he use to be. His contract is up soon. What do you think about going after safety early in the draft next year? Are you ok with Sash coming in and getting some reps? Do you think KP is playing good ball....what are some safeties coming out this year's draft that are top 5 in college?

Re: Safety upgrade coming soon...what ya think?

KP is average...nothing more. I honestly don't even know if it's the players or the scheme, but Rolle used to be a much better safety in Ari it seems

This is the kind of thread that should pop up after the season is over. I can't even being to evaluate us just now, can't stop thinking about GB tomorrow.

[quote user="egyptian420"]KP is average...nothing more. I honestly don't even know if it's the players or the scheme, but Rolle used to be a much better safety in Ari it seems

This is the kind of thread that should pop up after the season is over. I can't even being to evaluate us just now, can't stop thinking about GB tomorrow.
    [/quote]

Sorry I had to bring it up now, theres enough threads about GB. and about fewell, gilbride, fire coughlin...etc, etc, etc.....I am evaluating NOW bc he is average. and that average play will most likely show tomorrow. didnt know I had to only post about gb.

Sorry if I sounded condescending there buddy, I meant no harm. I just meant that "I" personally can't evaluate just yet. I'm sure many others can.

I'm just so friggin nervous and anxious about this upcoming game. I need Philips to play like Ed Reed tomorrow

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"]

Kenny Phillips is nowhere near the caliber he use to be. His contract is up soon. What do you think about going after safety early in the draft next year? Are you ok with Sash coming in and getting some reps? Do you think KP is playing good ball....what are some safeties coming out this year's draft that are top 5 in college?

[/quote]

Here is my DBack vids for the 2012 NFL Draft. I put S next to the safeties.Any of U guys that dont know go to the 2012 Draft Film Room for Prospect Videos here, www.Draftbreakdown.com for the draft site im affilated with or My Youtube user pages Jmpasq & JPdraftJedi

DEFENSIVE BACKS

Kenny Tate vs Miami 2011 S not coming out

I keep saying that KP was not the impact safety that I was hearing all over these boards. No player that cannot start over James Butler should ever be mentioned as an impact player..The only think KP does well is give us 15 yard helmet to helmet penalties.

Then Reese topped it off with the most outrageous contract to another CC Brown in disguise, Antrel Rolle. This guy cant cover anything....why is he still a nickel corner...He could not cover while he was in Arizona and this is why he was moved to safety. You would think we would be able to cover somebody since he was a DB earlier in his career, but nope. Im ready to show Reese the door, and beg for Ernie Acorsi to come back...Ernie Acorsi brought in hard nosed physical players and if they slacked off he got rid of them. He didnt make false promises to players in the offseason. Acorsi all took risks in getting a player that we needed for a certain possible...we was scared of trading up or down. Reese sits at the same spot in draft day with no intentions in trading up to get a player we need! So what happens now, is that we sit at the same spot and dont grab our guy, so then we gotta draft best available. Good Job Reese. This stragety sucks especially when ur drafting from #15...I can understand with the Top 7 picks.

[quote user="T-Murda84"]I keep saying that KP was not the impact safety that I was hearing all over these boards. No player that cannot start over James Butler should ever be mentioned as an impact player..The only think KP does well is give us 15 yard helmet to helmet penalties. Then Reese topped it off with the most outrageous contract to another CC Brown in disguise, Antrel Rolle. This guy cant cover anything....why is he still a nickel corner...He could not cover while he was in Arizona and this is why he was moved to safety. You would think we would be able to cover somebody since he was a DB earlier in his career, but nope. Im ready to show Reese the door, and beg for Ernie Acorsi to come back...Ernie Acorsi brought in hard nosed physical players and if they slacked off he got rid of them. He didnt make false promises to players in the offseason. Acorsi all took risks in getting a player that we needed for a certain possible...we was scared of trading up or down. Reese sits at the same spot in draft day with no intentions in trading up to get a player we need! So what happens now, is that we sit at the same spot and dont grab our guy, so then we gotta draft best available. Good Job Reese. This stragety sucks especially when ur drafting from #15...I can understand with the Top 7 picks.[/quote]So with this startegy we would of traded up and drafted Rolando Mcclain who got arrested for discharging a firearm next a guys head this week instead of JPP who is the best player in that draft not named Suh. We would of traded up and drafted Jeremy Maclin who was the top rated WR on the Giants board instead of Nicks.

The Giants have drafted fine under Reese the FA signings on the other hand have over paid player after over paid player.

Veteran

Keep in mind injuries have forced Rolle to play out of position pretty much the entire time he's been here.

I agree thatt its difficult to evaluate anyone on this team now. But KP has never showed what he looked like in Miami. Be it the injury , the scheme, the calls or maybe just him; he's been reminding me of CC Brown and thats bad!

Think about our secondary 3 first rounders and a second rounder and this is what we come up with..... Bubba that sure ain't all execution!

It's Scheme. The scheme Fewell runs is weak on safties. KP is a good free roaming safety which he has not been allowed to do since Spags was here. That being said, KP has been pretty good this season so I dunno what all the hate is about. Safety is the least of our worries. It's DT and LB that has burned us on defense. DT because other than Linval we have no push up the middle and LB is self explanatory.

And Canty is a big DE, not a DT. Did he even play DT with Dallas?