+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

Playoffs are a brand new season

Is everyone else tired of hearing how we dont deserve it and how we were only 9-7 well in my opinion the playoffs are a brand new season.... If you look at the history of the NFL their were many teams that had shotty records going into the playoffs...It all comes down to if your a playoff team or not.... You cant argue that the Giants handle the pressure and media attention flawlessly.. This organization is built for the postseason, if they can sneak in theirs a good chance they will go deep...People just dont understand that the postseason is an entirely different beast it cannot be compared to the regular season whatsoever and it has been proved in years past many times over...So you people knockin the giants for their regular season play dont even have an opinion because you obviously lack any football knowledge. Like I said the Giants are a great playoff team that deserves alot of respect.

Bench Player

Re: Playoffs are a brand new season

Fellow Giant fans? Cant back me up hear?

This is a whole new season and the Giants love proving that more than anybody. That said, I'm concerned with the history our defense has when playing in domes. I think Eli will do his thing, and will do it very well.

[quote user="Billyde508"]Is everyone else tired of hearing how we dont deserve it and how we were only 9-7 well in my opinion the playoffs are a brand new season.... If you look at the history of the NFL their were many teams that had shotty records going into the playoffs...It all comes down to if your a playoff team or not.... You cant argue that the Giants handle the pressure and media attention flawlessly.. This organization is built for the postseason, if they can sneak in theirs a good chance they will go deep...People just dont understand that the postseason is an entirely different beast it cannot be compared to the regular season whatsoever and it has been proved in years past many times over...So you people knockin the giants for their regular season play dont even have an opinion because you obviously lack any football knowledge. Like I said the Giants are a great playoff team that deserves alot of respect.[/quote]
    I hear you. Rather than letting it bother you, be like me -- soak it in and enjoy it all. We're on the cusp of "lucking" ourselves to another SB victory and I LOVE all the talk about "luck."

People are complaining about the 9-7 record and our unexpected journey through the playoffs because they're just going off of our truly up-and-down season. They thought that that was all the Giants had to offer, when most Giant fans knew the truth -- that we had the talent to be one of the best teams in the league.

And not just this year, but one of the best teams over the past few years but who couldn't put it together and played below our own talent level. Other fans don't recognize and / or know that. We got healthy and clicking at the right time -- just in time.

Well, other fans are going to realize after this SB that the Giants truly were better than their 9-7 advertised regular season record. We are a very complete team.

Bench Player

All great points, people have forgotten that last year a 7-9 team hosted a playoff game and won, if they could have beaten the Bears, Seattle would have been hosting the NFC championship game against the Packers. The Giants with a better record, better players, better coaching proved they needed to be in the playoffs and Super Bowl. They outplayed and out coached their competition and played smart football.

Bench Player

Thanks guys i thought i was left high and dry...

I took my son to the game and was shocked by the crowd. Pot smoking bathrooms, port a potties surrounded the stadium-they really did. The fans continually screamed, even during the anthem. Many went to just scream on their team confrontationally. When Eli got the ball with under 2 minutes left in each quarter they all quieted down a bit. Its obvious Eli puts the fear into the crowd. The Giants really had the upper hand at least with the crowd. With the 49ers repeatedly spreading the field, their running game was never real solid. We stuffed them, or pass rushed and Smith threw it away. Harbaughs game plan just did not have enough wrinkles. To beat their "D" should prove to the rest of the league that the Giants are for real.

All-Pro

Don't let it get to ya its all just hype, hopefully the pats by into it but I doubt it ...find positive stuff to look at and read, if you don't its going to be a long two weeks...Aside from what they all saythe Giantscan win this game and they all know it....its killing,em that the giants are making themlook likethe fools most ofthem are....playersdecide football games not annalist....****'em all