+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zach Brown

Veteran

Zach Brown

At first I was against the Giants picking Zach Brown, and one of the reasons was because I thought he was small.

He was listed at 6'2 230 and they usually lie about weights so I thought he was probably around 225. Turns out he's 6'1 and 3/8 and 236 lbs! I know everyone on here (including me) would take Kuechly in an instant but he won't be there. If we took Brown could he play MLB? Even if he bulked up 10 lbs he would still be one of the most athletic LBs in the league.

Re: Zach Brown

he gained weight because he is lazy, its not muscle. Extremely talented, but the kid has a lapse in attention and work ethic. He would not be suited in a Giants jersey..

Giants need/preferwarriors... Guys who are gritty and are not afraid to get work. Look at our defense and name a guy that you would consider lazy. I cant think of one.

"Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Veteran

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

he gained weight because he is lazy, its not muscle. Extremely talented, but the kid has a lapse in attention and work ethic. He would not be suited in a Giants jersey..

Giants need/prefer*warriors... Guys who are gritty and are not afraid to get work. Look at our defense and name a guy that you would consider lazy. I cant think of one.

[/quote]

Your user name makes your point invalid haha jk. The Giants draft athleticism and potential. Brown has an immense amount of both.

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

[/quote]

Huh? how do you know that? Could you provide a link please? There is no way you know this. He is 6lbs higher than his list wieght. That's hardly an explostion of poundage especially when you consider list wieght is taken at the beginning of the football season.

Brown is a good player. Many of the UNC guys in recent years have been lackluster producers who were drafted because of potential. Well, this kid produced.

But, I do not think he is a guy we target unless he falls below his current projections. And to answer the original poster I do not think we transition him to MLB. He is a good "in space" player, and MLB would take him out of his element. I also think its unwise to select a player that early in the draft with the intention of changing his position.

Veteran

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]

[/quote]

Huh? how do you know that? Could you provide a link please? There is no way you know this. He is 6lbs higher than his list wieght. That's hardly an explostion of poundage especially when you consider list wieght is taken at the beginning of the football season.

Brown is a good player. Many of the UNC guys in recent years have been lackluster producers who were drafted because of potential. Well, this kid produced.

But, I do not think he is a guy we target unless he falls below his current projections. And to answer the original poster I do not think we transition him to MLB. He is a good "in space" player, and MLB would take him out of his element. I also think its unwise to select a player that early in the draft with the intention of changing his position.*
    [/quote]

at the end of the day he is a Linebacker and if we could get a game-changer at DT, he would be playing in space a lot.

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]

[/quote]

But, I do not think he is a guy we target unless he falls below his current projections. And to answer the original poster I do not think we transition him to MLB. He is a good "in space" player, and MLB would take him out of his element. I also think its unwise to select a player that early in the draft with the intention of changing his position.
    [/quote]

at the end of the day he is a Linebacker and if we could get a game-changer at DT, he would be playing in space a lot.[/quote]

What? no. thats the difference between a 4-3 and a 3-4 system

You want a guy to be a 43 MLB , no matter who else is on your team, you need to find a guy who can take on blockers and play in cramped spaces as well as drop back quickly(not a concern for brown)

Brown is a top notch OLB. His stock at OLB has him late 1st early 2nd round quality.

He COULD be a good MLB. His stock at MLB would be much lower because of the extra risk. By the time its gets to the positionin the draft where teams would be willing to look at him as a MLB he will have already been selected to play OLB.