+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So what are the Giants gonna do with such a late 1st round pick?

Re: So what are the Giants gonna do with such a late 1st round pick?

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="TheEnigma"]My ideal situation would be for Ryan Tannehill to still be around at 32 and to hope that one of the teams who couldn't land Luck or Griffin make a trade with us

Trading out of the first and getting more picks could go a long way.

Edit: Just looked it up on the value chart. Could swap our 1st for another team's early 2nd and get their 4th rounder as well.[/quote] All we'd get was a 4th?* I'd think we'd at least get a 3rd rder for giving up our 1st rder..** I guess if its only 3-4 picks** I woulden't mind a 4th** but if were trading down 10spots or whatever**** I'd expect a extra 3rd for sure
    [/quote]That's what the value chart says. I've gone to at least three different sites and they all have the same values.

#32 overall is 590 points. Lets say that Washington doesn't get a QB in the 1st and decides not to reach for Ryan Tannehill.

They have #39 overall which is 510 points. So they still need to compensate us 80 points to move up. Their 3rd is worth 235 points which is too much but their 4th is worth 88 points. That 8 point difference allows them to get their guy and possible future franchise QB.

Of course, many things could happen. Someone might reach for Tannehill in the 1st which is what I expect will happen or we could get better value from that 32 spot if there are a few teams wanting that pick. Lots of things my friend!

Will there be any good O-line guys left? I think it is a need but wouldn't want us to reach. I guess the best player available among OTs, LBs, CBs or TEs.

[quote user="allentown PA"][quote user="egyptian420"]same approach as every year, BPA
    [/quote] thats not the approach they take every year not at all actually..JR very much targets players and Positions each year in the first round.[/quote]

I don't think that's true at all.

Need is obviously factored in to the equation, but I am quite sure that JR doesn't target a specific position to take in the first round . . . . .

[quote user="TheEnigma"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="TheEnigma"]My ideal situation would be for Ryan Tannehill to still be around at 32 and to hope that one of the teams who couldn't land Luck or Griffin make a trade with us

Trading out of the first and getting more picks could go a long way.

Edit: Just looked it up on the value chart. Could swap our 1st for another team's early 2nd and get their 4th rounder as well.[/quote] All we'd get was a 4th?* I'd think we'd at least get a 3rd rder for giving up our 1st rder..** I guess if its only 3-4 picks** I woulden't mind a 4th** but if were trading down 10spots or whatever**** I'd expect a extra 3rd for sure
    [/quote]That's what the value chart says. I've gone to at least three different sites and they all have the same values.

#32 overall is 590 points. Lets say that Washington doesn't get a QB in the 1st and decides not to reach for Ryan Tannehill.

They have #39 overall which is 510 points. So they still need to compensate us 80 points to move up. Their 3rd is worth 235 points which is too much but their 4th is worth 88 points. That 8 point difference allows them to get their guy and possible future franchise QB.

Of course, many things could happen. Someone might reach for Tannehill in the 1st which is what I expect will happen or we could get better value from that 32 spot if there are a few teams wanting that pick. Lots of things my friend![/quote]The people I talk to tell me Tannehill will go in the Top 15.

Veteran

What else? Draft a Probowler.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]The people I talk to tell me Tannehill will go in the Top 15.[/quote]That or top 25. I don't think he's even worth that and is more like an early 2nd to mid 2nd from what I've seen him do. He'll be this year's Christian Ponder.

Defense should be okay as long as nobody gets injured... We've got good depth on our d-line even if Osi decides to skip town, and with all our IR people coming back, we'll have Thomas, Ross, Webster, and Prince as CB, Phillips, Rolle, and Grant as safeties, not to mention the glut of linebackers we have coming off the IR.

So we should focus on the offense. WRs can be developed in-house (I think Jernigan is set to have a great career honestly), and Eli is as great as he's ever been. Bradshaw is doing good too, but Jacobs is slowing down a bit, and I'd like to see another freight train style running back that can also pick up blitzes. With that and some good 3-4 WR sets (Nicks/Cruz/Hixon/Jernigan, assuming manningham does not return), the need for TE is not as great.

Oh, and most importantly: we need to renovate our O-line. It's getting old and dusty.

[quote user="slipknottin"]draft better officials[/quote]
    We'd need to trade up to to this.

[quote user="Toadofsteel"]Defense should be okay as long as nobody gets injured... We've got good depth on our d-line even if Osi decides to skip town, and with all our IR people coming back, we'll have Thomas, Ross, Webster, and Prince as CB, Phillips, Rolle, and Grant as safeties, not to mention the glut of linebackers we have coming off the IR.

So we should focus on the offense. WRs can be developed in-house (I think Jernigan is set to have a great career honestly), and Eli is as great as he's ever been. Bradshaw is doing good too, but Jacobs is slowing down a bit, and I'd like to see another freight train style running back that can also pick up blitzes. With that and some good 3-4 WR sets (Nicks/Cruz/Hixon/Jernigan, assuming manningham does not return), the need for TE is not as great.

Oh, and most importantly: we need to renovate our O-line. It's getting old and dusty.[/quote] let's not assume HAM is already gone, having 3 threats at WR has been a huge part of out success this season.....& the need for TE is great regardless.....I don't see beckum making it back & two TE sets would be great...

+ Reply to Thread