Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Draft day with Ross

[quote user="texas giant"]

I am not even bothering with an explanation as to why I disagree with some of those who are judging this young man on how he dresses. I would like to think that the overwhelming majority of those whom I share this planet with believe that to judge someone solely based on outward appearance is just plain moronic.

Anybody with half a brain and an ounce of good judgement would see that this young man is a class act. He comes from a good family, he is well spoken, humble, and appreciates the opportunity given to him. He has overcome adversity both personally and academically, and even admits there were others more talented than him at UT, but that he credits his work ethic and faith for the position he is in right now. To waste time worrying whether someone is in an expensive suit to satisfyyour shallow and naive conception of a quality human being is just sad.I havebeen a fan of Aaron Ross since he was in high school, and he has always carried himself with complete class and dignity.I can tell you this: Ross will be a successful Giantdue to his actions, notdue to his appearance. If it was all aboutlooking like a businessmanthan guys likeSean Salsibury and Trev Alberts would be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I have never seen Nolan Ryanwalking around herewith an Armanijacket and tie.When he does public appearances he wouldn't be caught dead in a suit,and he isthe definition of a class individual.

Hook 'Em

[/quote]

Great Post I really like this guy Ross and hope he is ready to replace Webster

Bench Player

Thanks DeeDee. Parents always raised me to judge folks by their actions, and I know that there are a lot of others that believe in this concept as well. What really gets me about this is that I cannot fathom how a person could watch these clips of Ross and family on draft day and come away with anything but a positive opinion of this young man. But I guess there is no sense in worrying about the small contigent of morons out there.What matters is that the overwhelming majority of knowledgable,proud Giants fans areglad Ross is a part of the team.

Hook 'Em

This has to be my best post in the 4 years I have been on these boards. With one little sentence I was able to get you guys so angered and "riled" up, it sounds like you are all about to cry. I think it's great, you guys are easy to get under your skin. No wonder why guys like lockhart and the crew thrive so well here.

Bench Player

[quote user="texas giant"]

I am not even bothering with an explanation as to why I disagree with some of those who are judging this young man on how he dresses. I would like to think that the overwhelming majority of those whom I share this planet with believe that to judge someone solely based on outward appearance is just plain moronic.

Anybody with half a brain and an ounce of good judgement would see that this young man is a class act. He comes from a good family, he is well spoken, humble, and appreciates the opportunity given to him. He has overcome adversity both personally and academically, and even admits there were others more talented than him at UT, but that he credits his work ethic and faith for the position he is in right now. To waste time worrying whether someone is in an expensive suit to satisfyyour shallow and naive conception of a quality human being is just sad.I havebeen a fan of Aaron Ross since he was in high school, and he has always carried himself with complete class and dignity.I can tell you this: Ross will be a successful Giantdue to his actions, notdue to his appearance. If it was all aboutlooking like a businessmanthan guys likeSean Salsibury and Trev Alberts would be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I have never seen Nolan Ryanwalking around herewith an Armanijacket and tie.When he does public appearances he wouldn't be caught dead in a suit,and he isthe definition of a class individual.

Hook 'Em

[/quote]

100 % agree 'texas giant'.

Shame on you posters for bringing up that hoodlum thing. I'm embarrassed to be a Giants fan among you giant ignorants, who are judging Ross, his familiy and frends like that.

And to poster #1: great link, thanx.

[quote user="herbalizer"][quote user="texas giant"]

Anybody with half a brain and an ounce of good judgement would see that this young man is a class act. He comes from a good family, he is well spoken, humble, and appreciates the opportunity given to him. He has overcome adversity both personally and academically, and even admits there were others more talented than him at UT, but that he credits his work ethic and faith for the position he is in right now. To waste time worrying whether someone is in an expensive suit to satisfyyour shallow and naive conception of a quality human being is just sad.I havebeen a fan of Aaron Ross since he was in high school, and he has always carried himself with complete class and dignity.I can tell you this: Ross will be a successful Giantdue to his actions, notdue to his appearance. If it was all aboutlooking like a businessmanthan guys likeSean Salsibury and Trev Alberts would be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I have never seen Nolan Ryanwalking around herewith an Armanijacket and tie.When he does public appearances he wouldn't be caught dead in a suit,and he isthe definition of a class individual.http://New York Giants Message Board... day with Ross

Hook 'Em

[/quote]

100 % agree 'texas giant'.

Shame on you posters for bringing up that hoodlum thing. I'm embarrassed to be a Giants fan among you giant ignorants, who are judging Ross, his familiy and frends like that.

And to poster #1: great link, thanx.

[/quote]

no problem, thanks for checking it out, iam just trying to share with you folks what a class act Ross is.

with me being a Texas fan i have been able to watch every game he has played in, and in the years he

was at Texas he was always a class act and was never in the papers for anything but good, and in

todays game that is something special

[quote user="BigBlueReview"]This has to be my best post in the 4 years I have been on these boards. With one little sentence I was able to get you guys so angered and "riled" up, it sounds like you are all about to cry. I think it's great, you guys are easy to get under your skin. No wonder why guys like lockhart and the crew thrive so well here.[/quote]

Once again you show how pathetic you are, you get some sense of joy getting to people over the internet. Do you not have a life?

To each and every person in this thread who decided to turn this into a name calling, crap-slinging playground fight, your names have been noted. The next time I see any of you engage in this kind of behavior, provoked or not, you are gone for good. It is not going to happen here, regardless of who started it. This is a football discussion forum, not a 3rd grade chat room.

Take this warning for what its worth, because many of you know that I'm not playing around