+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bench Player

The Patriots are Favored to Win the Super Bowl but Should They Be?

The Vegas line opened at -3.5 favoring the Patriots, but the Giants already beat the Patriots this season. Why are they favored? I broke some of it down if you'd like to check it out here:

http://sports-kings.com/?p=8576

Thanks!

Shane
    Twitter: @Shaner021
    (Not a spambot)!

Re: The Patriots are Favored to Win the Super Bowl but Should They Be?

Because they are the Patriots. Their value seems to always be inflated because of the Brady factor.

All I hear from patriots fans are "WE'RE FAVORED BY 3 WE'RE BETTER"

Yeah, theyre dumb.

[quote user="Shaner021"]The Vegas line opened at -3.5 favoring the Patriots, but the Giants already beat the Patriots this season. Why are they favored? I broke some of it down if you'd like to check it out here:

Thanks!

Shane
    (Not a spambot)![/quote]
    I disagree with the secondary and receiver paragraphs. Both of those are advantage Giants. The QB's are even

ok with this

Starter

Our 7 losses compared to their 3 losses.

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="Shaner021"]The Vegas line opened at -3.5 favoring the Patriots, but the Giants already beat the Patriots this season. Why are they favored? I broke some of it down if you'd like to check it out here:

Thanks!

Shane
    (Not a spambot)![/quote]
    I disagree with the secondary and receiver paragraphs. Both of those are advantage Giants. The QB's are even[/quote]

I am fine with the WR paragraph as their TE's make up the difference for our distinct advantage at WR. Our secondary has a clear edge. Throw out the regular season stats which are nonsense at this point. Brady still has the advantage over Eli. Brady versus our defense vs Eli against their defense makes it tighter though.

All-Pro

I don't care if they are favored by a 100 they need to lose!!! its going to be a long two weeks!!

Go Giants !!

Bench Player

I knew Giants fans would give immediate feedback! I do think the Giants have better WRs but obviously you have to include Gronk & Hernandez with the Patriots. I tried to analyze it statistically so there is a method to the madness, even though we all know stats are thrown out the door at kickoff. I think the Giants biggest advantage in the pass rush may be all you need. Sure the Pats didnt have Gronk & Hernandez in 07 but Eli has 4 more years of experience now. Guess its why they play the game lol!

Bench Player

The Pats are favored to win? Oh hell, we might as well give up now, thats like playing an undefeated team team and expecting to win.
    Oh, wait....!!!!