+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I blame the 2nd half of the season collapse on........

INJURIES. Especially after losing Boley. When we lost him in the 2nd half of the game against the 49ers. I had a strong feeling we were going to lose the game and it was going to cost us some games. I don't know why but Jim Fassel's teams were heavily injury prone too. I think we might be jinxed or something. Expect for 2007 when everybody was injuried in the early part of the season and healed up just in time for playoffs. I think T.C. should get a two or three year extension. If we suck next year then fire him and eat up his contract. The NY Giants profited 80 million last year. They can eat up his contract.

All-Pro

Re: I blame the 2nd half of the season collapse on........

Injuries and the OL being just so bad are the reason for the collapse. Also, it seems that every year they have a cupcake schedule to start the season and look like champions until they play real teams. I do like TC but unfortunately his record against winning teams is very bad.

So for 7 out of 8 years, where we've collapsed at the same time of the year, it's always injuries?

You know Coughlin blasted Fassel for injuries, right? Called it a "cancer".

The only year this team did better than .500 down the stretch is 2005. Nov/Dec record of 28-40.

EVERY. YEAR. A collapse.

2004 - lost 9 of last 11
    2006 - lost 6 of last 8
    2007 - lost 4 of last 8
    2008 - lost 3 of last 4
    2009 - lost 8 of last 11
    2010 - lost 2 of last 3 (with playoffs on the line in each loss)
    2011 - lost 3 of last 3

But no, no, no; it's just injuries and it's just this year... And the Giants are the only team to suffer injuries and injuries are not a part of pro football.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="buddy33"]Injuries and the OL being just so bad are the reason for the collapse. Also, it seems that every year they have a cupcake schedule to start the season and look like champions until they play real teams. I do like TC but unfortunately his record against winning teams is very bad.[/quote]

Do you know the records of other good coaches against winning teans (i.e., Belicheck, Cowher, Gruden, etc.)? Just curious.

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]So for 7 out of 8 years, where we've collapsed at the same time of the year, it's always injuries?

You know Coughlin blasted Fassel for injuries, right?* Called it a "cancer".

The only year this team did better than .500 down the stretch is 2005.* Nov/Dec record of 28-40.

EVERY.* YEAR.* A collapse.

2004 - lost 9 of last 11
    2006 - lost 6 of last 8
    2007 - lost 4 of last 8
    2008 - lost 3 of last 4
    2009 - lost 8 of last 11
    2011 - lost 3 of last 3

But no, no, no; it's just injuries and it's just this year...* And the Giants are the only team to suffer injuries and injuries are not a part of pro football.
    [/quote]

From the guy who is on record as saying that we should have fired TC after the 2008 season . . . .you have no credibility at all dude.

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]So for 7 out of 8 years, where we've collapsed at the same time of the year, it's always injuries?

You know Coughlin blasted Fassel for injuries, right?* Called it a "cancer".

The only year this team did better than .500 down the stretch is 2005.* Nov/Dec record of 28-40.

EVERY.* YEAR.* A collapse.

2004 - lost 9 of last 11
    2006 - lost 6 of last 8
    2007 - lost 4 of last 8
    2008 - lost 3 of last 4
    2009 - lost 8 of last 11
    2011 - lost 3 of last 3

But no, no, no; it's just injuries and it's just this year...* And the Giants are the only team to suffer injuries and injuries are not a part of pro football.
    [/quote]

From the guy who is on record as saying that we should have fired TC after the 2008 season . . . .you have no credibility at all dude.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]From the guy who is on record as saying that we should have fired TC after the 2008 season . . . .you have no credibility at all dude.[/quote]

LOL keep apologizing for failure even when you can't see the very point of failure.

Keep doing the same thing over and over and hoping for a different result, great strategy.

CLEARLY the fall from grace was blowing the #1 seed at home to the hated Eagles in a humiliating 23-11 loss. If you can't see that, you're blind. In every great sports downfall, there are clear points of failure. For Joe Torre, some would say it was blowing game 7 in the 2001 World Series. Others would say it was blowing a 3 game lead against the Red Sox in the 2004 ALCS. Either way it was over for Torre's regime even though he got several more "another chance" years before they realized it was never going to work again. For Pat Riley's Knicks it was Charles Smith rebounding and missing under the basket for about 15 minutes straight. For Tom Coughlin it was blowing the #1 seed post-Plax. The points of failure are clear if you open your eyes.

3 straight years of "another chance" and you want to make it 4? Not to mention the same exact pattern of failure for 7 of his 8 years? You are a sucker.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"]From the guy who is on record as saying that we should have fired TC after the 2008 season . . . .you have no credibility at all dude.[/quote]

LOL keep apologizing for failure even when you can't see the very point of failure.

Keep doing the same thing over and over.

CLEARLY the fall from grace was blowing the #1 seed at home to the hated Eagles in a humiliating 23-11 loss.* If you can't see that, you're blind.

But we already know that because you want to give him "another chance" after he's already had three straight years of "another chance" and he keeps failing, and in the same way too.
    [/quote]

I have never said that TC should stay or go after this year . . . . I have just said that we should wait until after the final 5 games to make that evaluation. That is the way rational business people like the Giants front-office will look at the situation.

Irrational mouthbreathers like you take ridiculous positions like (1) TC should have been fired after the 2008 season; and (2) the late season collapse in 2004 was TC's fault and had nothing to do with starting a rookie QB who played terribly.

Do you see the difference between our positions now????

All-Pro

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="buddy33"]Injuries and the OL being just so bad are the reason for the collapse. Also, it seems that every year they have a cupcake schedule to start the season and look like champions until they play real teams. I do like TC but unfortunately his record against winning teams is very bad.[/quote]

Do you know the records of other good coaches against winning teans (i.e., Belicheck, Cowher, Gruden, etc.)? Just curious.[/quote]

No, I just know that someone posted TC's record and it's not good. In fact it is very bad. Those guys you mentioned though, BB I'm sure has a very good record, Cower did have his team in a bunch of AFC Championships, and I'm not so sure about Gruden.

[quote user="buddy33"][quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="buddy33"]Injuries and the OL being just so bad are the reason for the collapse. Also, it seems that every year they have a cupcake schedule to start the season and look like champions until they play real teams. I do like TC but unfortunately his record against winning teams is very bad.[/quote]

Do you know the records of other good coaches against winning teans (i.e., Belicheck, Cowher, Gruden, etc.)? Just curious.[/quote]

No, I just know that someone posted TC's record and it's not good. In fact it is very bad. Those guys you mentioned though, BB I'm sure has a very good record, Cower did have his team in a bunch of AFC Championships, and I'm not so sure about Gruden.[/quote]

THe stat means nothing to me unless it is in comparison to other coaches. It may be significant, it may not.