+ Reply to Thread

I love to study film and this is what I have come up with so far

It does not matter who is the better QB. They are not on the field at the same time.

Matchups are the key to any game. It starts up front. The Giants OL VS the patriots DL. The only advantage I see is Wilfork against Bass. He is much stronger than Bass but if the Giants use a guard to help that will eliminate Wilfork. The Giants can do this because New England has no pass rush. The only way they will get to Manning is if they blitz and if the Giants pick it up it will be lights out for New England. The Patriots secondary is horrendous and their is not a chance they can cover the Giants receivers 1 on 1.

The patriots have a good offensive line. The Giants have a good DL. The question will be can they get to Brady rushing 4. If they do this game will be a lopsided victory for the Giants. Boley is the best blitzer the Giants have and I would like to see fewell use him when the DL is stunting. If Brady has time the Giants will not be able to cover the New England receivers. They are very good. Welker is a nighmare. Nobody can cover him 1 on 1. He is to quick. The Giants DL seems to get stronger as the game gets into the 3rd quarter and the offensive lines they have played the last two weeks seem to get weaker. The Patriots do not have a good running game so the Gianst will be able to tee off on brady.

The Giants special teams returning punts and kickoffs is horrendous. The offense always has to start at about their own 20 yard line. If they can get ONE play from their return game I will be happy. The Patriots have a very good return game so the Giants must cover kicks very well. I can see the patriots breaking one kickoff for 50 yards and get a nice punt return.

I think Manning is going to have a field day against that defense. If the Patriots change their defense and the Giants have to run the ball more than usual then I can see them running for at least 150 yards. The Giants offense is just too good for the Patriots defense.

The Patriots offense will have a little success against the Giants defense but in the end I can see the Giants DL hammering Brady. I can see him taking more of a beating than he did in the last Superbowl.

Prediction coming soon

Re: I love to study film and this is what I have come up with so far

Nice analysis. I also noticed the Pats like to go no-huddle once you have personnel on the field that they feel they can take advantage of. But motioning Hernandez into the backfield is on tape for 2 weeks now and hopefully we have the remedy. Plus, who knows if Gronk can handle a no-huddle offense all game.

If anything, having KP and Rolle over Butler and Wilson is an improvement. And no fear of the deep play, kill shot in Randy Moss to constantly have to worry about each and every play. Oh, and no Asante.

Those 3 factors should make it easier this time around than 07, imo.

But you're right- they can't let Wilfork bullrush his way into Eli's face all game the way the Ravens did. That won't end well.

[quote user="LETITRIDE"]It does not matter who is the better QB. They are not on the field at the same time.

Matchups are the key to any game. It starts up front. The Giants OL VS the patriots DL. The only advantage I see is Wilfork against Bass. He is much stronger than Bass but if the Giants use a guard to help that will eliminate Wilfork. The Giants can do this because New England has no pass rush. The only way they will get to Manning is if they blitz and if the Giants pick it up it will be lights out for New England. The Patriots secondary is horrendous and their is not a chance they can cover the Giants receivers 1 on 1.

The patriots have a good offensive line. The Giants have a good DL. The question will be can they get to Brady rushing 4. If they do this game will be a lopsided victory for the Giants. Boley is the best blitzer the Giants have and I would like to see fewell use him when the DL is stunting. If Brady has time the Giants will not be able to cover the New England receivers. They are very good. Welker is a nighmare. Nobody can cover him 1 on 1. He is to quick. The Giants DL seems to get stronger as the game gets into the 3rd quarter and the offensive lines they have played the last two weeks seem to get weaker. The Patriots do not have a good running game so the Gianst will be able to tee off on brady.

The Giants special teams returning punts and kickoffs is horrendous. The offense always has to start at about their own 20 yard line. If they can get ONE play from their return game I will be happy. The Patriots have a very good return game so the Giants must cover kicks very well. I can see the patriots breaking one kickoff for 50 yards and get a nice punt return.

I think Manning is going to have a field day against that defense. If the Patriots change their defense and the Giants have to run the ball more than usual then I can see them running for at least 150 yards. The Giants offense is just too good for the Patriots defense.

The Patriots offense will have a little success against the Giants defense but in the end I can see the Giants DL hammering Brady. I can see him taking more of a beating than he did in the last Superbowl.

Prediction coming soon[/quote]

Boley is going to have a huge game. The Giants will use him to blitz a ferw times. He will cause at least one turnover.

You can never predict turnovers but if the Giants hold onto the ball they will win 41-21.

Bench Player

Good analysis. One thing I heard on Boston radio WEEI is that the Pats will probably use a lot more no huddle offense.

How do you see that playing out?

[quote user="Champagne"]Good analysis. One thing I heard on Boston radio WEEI is that the Pats will probably use a lot more no huddle offense.

How do you see that playing out?[/quote]

they run the no huddle basically all game. ive seen it all year. they run it better than any team

Bench Player

Dig the analysis. I've been nervous most of the day but OP has calmed a little. ALL IN.

[quote user="Champagne"]Good analysis. One thing I heard on Boston radio WEEI is that the Pats will probably use a lot more no huddle offense.

It might work when they first do it but the Giants will catch on very quickly. The huge downside to the Pats going no huddle is putting the Giants offense back on the field. Manning is going to rip apart that defense. Thier is not a chance the pats will be able to cover Cruz, Nicks & Manningham. I see Manningham having a good game and either Nicks or Cruz having a HUGE game. Even Hynoski will catch a few passes.

Now if the Pats decide to drop 8 guys into coverage Bradshaw & Jacobs will have huge days. The Pats are in trouble defensively.

Bench Player

[quote user="LETITRIDE"][quote user="Champagne"]Good analysis. One thing I heard on Boston radio WEEI is that the Pats will probably use a lot more no huddle offense.

It might work when they first do it but the Giants will catch on very quickly. The huge downside to the Pats going no huddle is putting the Giants offense back on the field. Manning is going to rip apart that defense. Thier is not a chance the pats will be able to cover Cruz, Nicks & Manningham. I see Manningham having a good game and either Nicks or Cruz having a HUGE game. Even Hynoski will catch a few passes.

Now if the Pats decide to drop 8 guys into coverage Bradshaw & Jacobs will have huge days. The Pats are in trouble defensively.[/quote]

Yep. I agree and that's why I bet on the Giants to win straight up.