+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

Mental errors not luck.

When Rolle gave up that TD on the wheel route, it played out that way due to a mental error by Rolle believing that they were going to go short and gave up the deep ball rather then making sure he didn't get behind him.

The 2nd TD was another mental error by Rolle who was late to react to Davis allowing him to get behind him again as he seemed confused by his assignment during that play.

Whats the difference between those mental errors by Rolle and the mental errors of Williams.

If you eliminate all 4 of those mental errors the giants still win 10-3 its not luck. Rolle doesn't have those mental errors we don't give up 14 pts just like if Williams doesn't have his mental errors they don't give up 10.

Bench Player

Re: Mental errors not luck.

The drove on us once for 6 plays 43 yards and a field goal.

We drove on them twice for 10 plays each 69 and 51 yards for a TD and a Field Goal.

i think ur off on understanding how those plays were supposed to go down.

first, rolle was burned on the first touchdown to davis. and i believe grant was supposed to be help for the over the top pass. rolle was in trail technique.

the second davis td, phillips was covering him and he was def. playing trail technique. webster was supposed to help over the top.

but SF did a good job in scheming the other pass options bc it took away the ability to help davis.

those were the only two plays that davis ended up getting 1 v 1. every other attempt had him in bracket coverage. so i have to assume that those two td plays were supposed to have accomplished the same thing.

i agree with u about kyle williams fumbles tho. firstly, harbaugh took a huge risk in not telling him to make sure ball protection was the main objective. secondly, those fumbles werent the result of bad "luck" but of bad fundamentals.

using correct fundamentals is a result of mental discipline. mental discipline needs to be coached. the 9ers didnt have that on those two fumbles, therefore i believe it was an error in coaching and fundamentals, certainly not luck.
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

No no...

Whenever our opponents get turnovers or score points, it's because they have an immense amount of skill and we were simply outplayed.

Whenever we get turnovers or score points, it's because the other team screwed up or we just got lucky.

I thought we all learned that from Sunday's game?

Bench Player

[quote user="giantsfan420"]i think ur off on understanding how those plays were supposed to go down.

first, rolle was burned on the first touchdown to davis. and i believe grant was supposed to be help for the over the top pass. rolle was in trail technique.

the second davis td, phillips was covering him and he was def. playing trail technique. webster was supposed to help over the top.

but SF did a good job in scheming the other pass options bc it took away the ability to help davis.

those were the only two plays that davis ended up getting 1 v 1. every other attempt had him in bracket coverage. so i have to assume that those two td plays were supposed to have accomplished the same thing.

i agree with u about kyle williams fumbles tho. firstly, harbaugh took a huge risk in not telling him to make sure ball protection was the main objective. secondly, those fumbles werent the result of bad "luck" but of bad fundamentals.

using correct fundamentals is a result of mental discipline. mental discipline needs to be coached. the 9ers didnt have that on those two fumbles, therefore i believe it was an error in coaching and fundamentals, certainly not luck.[/quote]

Yea it was Phillips not Rolle on the 2nd one.

My point wasn't really to throw Rolle under the bus though. It was more about they scored because of 2 plays of blown coverage on our side. Just like we scored because of 2 fumbles on there side.

Take away the blown coverage and the fumbles and we still beat them 10-3.