+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Re: Eli still gets no respect

Why was he comparing him to Peyton? The question was is Eli elite, not is Eli his brother. That guy was an idiot.

*edit*

couldn't finish it, too much yelling.

Veteran

[quote user="Gmen2005"]Why was he comparing him to Peyton? The question was is Eli elite, not is Eli his brother. That guy was an idiot.

*edit*

[/quote]lol i was dumb enough to watch the rest and Skip goes off on how Eli is not "cool" and how he has "unimpressive" interviews....wtf?

This is about whether he is an elite QB. Not his appearance or demeanor. lmao, how can anyone take this stuff seriously? This isn't TMZ.

Screw them all -- I'm glad that Eli is our guy.

It used to be annoying, his lack of credit due to him. Now I LOVE it actually because I think it drives the Eli-haters NUTS. I love seeing them invent new excuses on why he isn't elite or at bare minimum, great.

Why does one's legacy have to be determined through comparison?

Just to clarify, Skip was explaining why other people possibly don't see Eli in that same class. It's the little, nonsensical things that people analyze and go with at times.

They don't like Eli's boyscout attitude.

They don't like Eli's lack of emotion during interviews.

Then the worst thing is that people can't seem to talk about Eli's achievements without comparing him to Peyton. The only QB's he should be compared to is the 04 draft class and that's it.

Veteran

it's so stupid when people say he is not a leader and he doesn't show passion on the field. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! he is without a doubt the leader of this team and usually does a fist pump and has fire in his eyes after a TD. I'm sorry he doesn't do a little fairy pump up celebration before games or a lame *** TD dance.

All-Pro

They don't like his personality which is ****ingridiculous...He not a pretty boy,he doesn't have enought swag... all the reasons were about Eli the person who by the way comes across as a damn good person....Eli is who he is, ahard working fine young man who happens to be a damn good QB ...When it isall said a done Eli's #'s will be what gets him into the hall not him personality...I like how he is... he's thereal dealnot some show off me guy....In the mean time I'll enjoy what he's doing for us fans and **** these stupid useless elitedebates...its a waste of time....

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="Gmen2005"]Why was he comparing him to Peyton? The question was is Eli elite, not is Eli his brother. That guy was an idiot.

*edit*

[/quote]lol i was dumb enough to watch the rest and Skip goes off on how Eli is not "cool" and how he has "unimpressive" interviews....wtf?

This is about whether he is an elite QB. Not his appearance or demeanor. lmao, how can anyone take this stuff seriously? This isn't TMZ.
    [/quote]I think Skip is in denial. Only an idiot will judge the skills of a player by how cool he looks or how impressive his interviews are. By now, we all know that Eli belongs among the elite.

I don't watch Skip much really but I can already tell the dude is nothing but a professional troll. He's the Adam Rank of ESPN it seems.

Though it seems that he hates Terell Suggs more than anyone else.