+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Linebackers

Linebackers

I still see people who want an upgrade at LBer for the 2012 season.

2011 starters:
    OLB - Boley has proven himself to be the best LBer we have. He's a big play maker and a leader. He's one of the few that can cover a good TE, like Witten. Obviously, he will be a starter next year.

OLB - Kiwi has been solid at LBer. Yet, some want him back in the DE rotation. Whatever happens with Osi this off season will play a role in where Kiwi fits in. Is his spot a place you want to improve things? Is J. Williams your guy? He's been on the field a lot and made some great plays. Very good
    rookie season to build on. Do you think he's a starter? Or is he a
    backup, or situational player, as in 3rd down LB? Do you see a rookie here? Or a free agent?

MLB - Chase Blackburn? He's been playing better than I ever thought! Goff? Was really coming along and was underrated before injury. Is this where you want help? What about Herzlich? He was coming on too, before his injury. He'll have his first season under his belt. And perhaps, has the highest ceiling of the three mentioned. Personally, I'm rooting for him.

Backups - Paysinger and Jones all have contributed on STs as rookies. Sintim contributed very little prior to going on IR. However, I don't see them in the mix for starting jobs next season.

Honestly, I think we have more than enough starting talent at LBer! If they keep Osi, I go with Boley, Herzlich, and Kiwi as starters and J. Williams as situational. If Osi is traded, I move Kiwi to DE and
    go with Boley, Herzlich, and J. Williams as starters. I'd keep Chase, Goff, Jones as backups. I'd replace backups Paysinger and Sintim with draft pick upgrades, one an early pick, and the other a late round pick. (Groom them for the future.)
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

Re: Linebackers

[quote user="Mercury"]I still see people who want an upgrade at LBer for the 2012 season.

2011 starters:
    OLB - Boley has proven himself to be the best LBer we have. He's a big play maker and a leader. He's one of the few that can cover a good TE, like Witten. Obviously, he will be a starter next year.

OLB - Kiwi has been solid at LBer. Yet, some want him back in the DE rotation. Whatever happens with Osi this off season will play a role in where Kiwi fits in. Is his spot a place you want to improve things? Is J. Williams your guy? He's been on the field a lot and made some great plays. Very good
    rookie season to build on. Do you think he's a starter? Or is he a
    backup, or situational player, as in 3rd down LB? Do you see a rookie here? Or a free agent?

MLB - Chase Blackburn? He's been playing better than I ever thought! Goff? Was really coming along and was underrated before injury. Is this where you want help? What about Herzlich? He was coming on too, before his injury. He'll have his first season under his belt. And perhaps, has the highest ceiling of the three mentioned. Personally, I'm rooting for him.

Backups - Paysinger and Jones all have contributed on STs as rookies. Sintim contributed very little prior to going on IR. However, I don't see them in the mix for starting jobs next season.

Honestly, I think we have more than enough starting talent at LBer! If they keep Osi, I go with Boley, Herzlich, and Kiwi as starters and J. Williams as situational. If Osi is traded, I move Kiwi to DE and
    go with Boley, Herzlich, and J. Williams as starters. I'd keep Chase, Goff, Jones as backups. I'd replace backups Paysinger and Sintim with draft pick upgrades, one an early pick, and the other a late round pick. (Groom them for the future.)
    [/quote]

I still think we need an upgrade at LB, Kiwi should go back to his natural position at DE. We need a fast LB to cover passing routes. We do not have that guy yet. However, I think that Willilams is the closest natural athlete of the group with good speed. He is still young and unproven with the mental aspect of the game. We need a game changer and a stud. We still don't have that guy on the roster.

Eh idk, I think we can get an upgrade at LBer position IMO

We'll see in the offseason who I have in mind

Bench Player

[quote user="Mercury"]I still see people who want an upgrade at LBer for the 2012 season.

2011 starters:

OLB - Kiwi has been solid at LBer. Yet, some want him back in the DE rotation. Whatever happens with Osi this off season will play a role in where Kiwi fits in. Is his spot a place you want to improve things? Is J. Williams your guy? He's been on the field a lot and made some great plays. Very good rookie season to build on. Do you think he's a starter? Or is he a backup, or situational player, as in 3rd down LB? Do you see a rookie here? Or a free agent?

[/quote]

I see where you are coming from but its kind of hard to assess this because we made it all the way to the super bowl.

[quote user="NYG55nwo"]

[quote user="Mercury"]I still see people who want an upgrade at LBer* for the 2012 season.

2011 starters:
    OLB - Boley has proven himself to be the best LBer we have.* He's a big play maker and a leader.* He's one of the few that can cover a good TE, like Witten.** Obviously, he will be a starter next year.

OLB - Kiwi has been solid at LBer.* Yet, some want him back in the DE rotation. Whatever happens with Osi this off season will* play a role in where Kiwi fits in.* Is his spot a place you want to improve things?* Is J. Williams your guy?* He's been on the field a lot and made some great plays.* Very good rookie season to build on.* Do you think he's a starter?* Or is he a backup, or situational player, as in 3rd down LB? ** Do you see a rookie here?* Or a free agent?

MLB - Chase Blackburn?* He's been playing better than I ever thought!* Goff?* Was really coming along and was underrated before injury.* Is this where you want help?* What about Herzlich?* He was coming on too, before his injury.* He'll have his first season under his belt.* And perhaps, has the highest ceiling of the three mentioned.* Personally, I'm rooting for him.

Backups - Paysinger and Jones all have contributed on STs as rookies.* Sintim contributed very little prior to going on IR.* However, I don't see them in the mix for starting jobs next season.

Honestly, I think we have more than enough starting talent at LBer!* If they keep Osi, I go with Boley, Herzlich, and Kiwi as starters and J. Williams as situational.* If Osi is traded, I move Kiwi to DE and
    go with Boley, Herzlich, and J. Williams as starters.* I'd keep Chase, Goff, Jones as backups.* I'd replace backups Paysinger and Sintim with draft pick upgrades, one an early pick, and the other a late round pick.* (Groom them for the future.)
    [/quote]

I see where you are coming from but its kind of hard to assess this because we made it all the way to the super bowl.*

[/quote]

We didn't make it there on our LB's thats for sure...We should look for a vet in FA..specially now that our Defense's rep has been restoring itself,,,the rooks we have are still raw ...

[quote user="Razur"][quote user="NYG55nwo"]

[quote user="Mercury"]I still see people who want an upgrade at LBer* for the 2012 season.

2011 starters:
    OLB - Boley has proven himself to be the best LBer we have.* He's a big play maker and a leader.* He's one of the few that can cover a good TE, like Witten.** Obviously, he will be a starter next year.

OLB - Kiwi has been solid at LBer.* Yet, some want him back in the DE rotation. Whatever happens with Osi this off season will* play a role in where Kiwi fits in.* Is his spot a place you want to improve things?* Is J. Williams your guy?* He's been on the field a lot and made some great plays.* Very good rookie season to build on.* Do you think he's a starter?* Or is he a backup, or situational player, as in 3rd down LB? ** Do you see a rookie here?* Or a free agent?

MLB - Chase Blackburn?* He's been playing better than I ever thought!* Goff?* Was really coming along and was underrated before injury.* Is this where you want help?* What about Herzlich?* He was coming on too, before his injury.* He'll have his first season under his belt.* And perhaps, has the highest ceiling of the three mentioned.* Personally, I'm rooting for him.

Backups - Paysinger and Jones all have contributed on STs as rookies.* Sintim contributed very little prior to going on IR.* However, I don't see them in the mix for starting jobs next season.

Honestly, I think we have more than enough starting talent at LBer!* If they keep Osi, I go with Boley, Herzlich, and Kiwi as starters and J. Williams as situational.* If Osi is traded, I move Kiwi to DE and
    go with Boley, Herzlich, and J. Williams as starters.* I'd keep Chase, Goff, Jones as backups.* I'd replace backups Paysinger and Sintim with draft pick upgrades, one an early pick, and the other a late round pick.* (Groom them for the future.)
    [/quote]

I see where you are coming from but its kind of hard to assess this because we made it all the way to the super bowl.*

[/quote]

We didn't make it there on our LB's thats for sure...We should look for a vet in FA..specially now that our Defense's rep has been restoring itself,,,the rooks we have are still raw ...[/quote]

Agreed, and we could use a veteran presence to get the rookies going, as much as I like Herz and JWilliams, I am not sure we can just throw them in there again next year.

We still need a vet, keep Boley he has been on fire

Bench Player

[quote user="Razur"][quote user="NYG55nwo"]

2011 starters:

OLB - Kiwi has been solid at LBer. Yet, some want him back in the DE rotation. Whatever happens with Osi this off season will play a role in where Kiwi fits in. Is his spot a place you want to improve things? Is J. Williams your guy? He's been on the field a lot and made some great plays. Very good rookie season to build on. Do you think he's a starter? Or is he a backup, or situational player, as in 3rd down LB? Do you see a rookie here? Or a free agent?

[/quote]

I see where you are coming from but its kind of hard to assess this because we made it all the way to the super bowl.

[/quote] We didn't make it there on our LB's thats for sure...We should look for a vet in FA..specially now that our Defense's rep has been restoring itself,,,the rooks we have are still raw ...[/quote]

The orignal post stated that we dont really need help at LB. i was just saying you probably dont see it because we made it to the superbowl. I personally think we still need at least aVet through free agency.

Yeah, I've been screaming for LBs for years, but their recent play makes me look at things differently. I would rather focus on the OL & RB now instead.

If Kiwi, Boley, and Goff / Blackburn are the starters next year, Williams and Herz should make for nice back-ups at the very least. Sintim is a total bust. Remember though -- if Osi is gone, we're probably going to move Kiwi back to DE, which I think would be a mistake because we should just leave him in one spot once and for all. Kiwi may even be an UFA after this year because I believe that he signed only a one year extension at the beginning of this year. And with Osi being gone and if they do keep and leave Kiwi at LB, then we'll need another DE to go along with JPP and Tuck.

It's going to be a very interesting draft in 2012 -- many ways we can go, but hopefully it will always be the best talent available.

I want Kiwi back at DE, especially if we end up losing Osi.

MLB is the only question mark

Both Kiwi and J Will have been excellent at LB this season.