+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awesome quote about Eli....

Sorry if already posted.

From Steve Weatherford

"Anytime he opens his mouth, it has some substance to it. He is not a guy who is going to bark a lot. He rarely talks, actually. He is a very quiet leader. It was jovial in that team meeting, but as soon as Eli got up to talk, everyone shut up because they knew it was something important. He is a veteran. He has been there before and he knows what it takes to win, and he is a Super Bowl MVP and people respect him."

Remember when people said he wasn't a leader or he couldn't win because he didn't get in his teammates faces? All I hear now is crickets.

Keep it up Eli! I've supported you since day 1 and it's awesome to see you commanding a legendary organization in such a fashion.
    I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

Re: Awesome quote about Eli....

bELIeve
    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten"

[quote user="Providence"]Sorry if already posted.

From Steve Weatherford

"Anytime he opens his mouth, it has some substance to it. He is not a guy who is going to bark a lot. He rarely talks, actually. He is a very quiet leader. It was jovial in that team meeting, but as soon as Eli got up to talk, everyone shut up because they knew it was something important. He is a veteran. He has been there before and he knows what it takes to win, and he is a Super Bowl MVP and people respect him."

Remember when people said he wasn't a leader or he couldn't win because he didn't get in his teammates faces? All I hear now is crickets.

Keep it up Eli! I've supported you since day 1 and it's awesome to see you commanding a legendary organization in such a fashion.[/quote]Some times it takes time, but not all leaders are created equal. Or led the same way.

Also there was Strahan and others who lead one way, and we were winning in general, so no need to have another person jump in.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

this is just more evidence why you have to stick it out with players longer than you want to.

IF it was up to probably 30-40% of the giant fan base, Eli would not have been on this team for the 2007/8 season.

bELIeve...that's the word! We are going to do this!

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

this is just more evidence why you have to stick it out with players longer than you want to.

IF it was up to probably 30-40% of the giant fan base, Eli would not have been on this team for the 2007/8 season.

[/quote]Even in 09/10 and even 11. SUCK FOR LUCK WHOO HOOO
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

All-Pro

[quote user="Providence"]Sorry if already posted. From Steve Weatherford "Anytime he opens his mouth, it has some substance to it. He is not a guy who is going to bark a lot. He rarely talks, actually. He is a very quiet leader. It was jovial in that team meeting, but as soon as Eli got up to talk, everyone shut up because they knew it was something important. He is a veteran. He has been there before and he knows what it takes to win, and he is a Super Bowl MVP and people respect him." Remember when people said he wasn't a leader or he couldn't win because he didn't get in his teammates faces? All I hear now is crickets. Keep it up Eli! I've supported you since day 1 and it's awesome to see you commanding a legendary organization in such a fashion.[/quote]

Anyone else find it hilarious that he used the word "jovial"? What a character.

Haha.

Starter

I think I was one of the people who made a thread last year about how I was pissed Eli didn't seem to motivate his team mates or show "true" leadership. Well, I am here to admit I was wrong.

Come on guys...to be elite you have to yell at your players and coaches constantly and also throw things on the sidelines when you make mistakes....see Tom Brady. (red font)

It's ridiculous how so many 'analysts' give Brady credit for getting fired up and basically being a jackass on the sideline and take credit away from Eli for showing little emotion and keeping his composure..which he holds onto as good if not better than anyone...you'd think that'd be the other way around. I really hope Eli comes out guns blazing and has us up two scores at halftime on our way to winning and shuts everyone up.

I really don't see us losing this game...the Pats are not prepared and have played very subpar qb's very since they played us and only one team with a winning record, the Ravens, who really should have beaten them. We on the other hand have beaten the leagues best defense and best team in the Packers. We are 10 times more prepared for this game than the Pats by the road we had to take to get here alone. Not to mention we have the advantage in most matchups imo, and the Pats need mismatches to succeed.

This is awesome! Thanks so much for posting Providence. Now, this is a difference from 07 worth celebrating! Hope Tiki/Shockey see this!