+ Reply to Thread

Great quote from a very young Eli

The following in blue is the closing of the Peter Finney article in this morning's New Orleans Times-Picayune. The URL for the complete article is below that. Apologize if already posted.

pondering his philosophy on sports posted in the Newman School yearbook under the name Elisha Nelson Manning.

It says: “Effort in sports is a matter of character rather than reward. It is an end in itself, not a means to an end.”

http://www.nola.com/superbowl/index....hrough_ad.html

Re: Great quote from a very young Eli

Awesome quote. Thanks.

[quote user="chasjay"]The following in blue is the closing of the Peter Finney article in this morning's New Orleans Times-Picayune. The URL for the complete article is below that. Apologize if already posted.

pondering his philosophy on sports posted in the Newman School yearbook under the name Elisha Nelson Manning.

It says: “Effort in sports is a matter of character rather than reward. It is an end in itself, not a means to an end.”

http://www.nola.com/superbowl/index....hrough_ad.html

[/quote]

that quote tells you all you need to know why Eli and his family wanted him to play for the Giants and why the kid is a success. I can only imagine that Peyton follows the same credo. Actaully that sentiment can be held to any "effort" you have in life to dowell in any field.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Nice quote Eli!

Mine only said SEX,DRUGS AND ROCK-N-ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:$]

That is a great quote.

[quote user="Gianthunter"]Mine only said SEX,DRUGS AND ROCK-N-ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:$][/quote]

I had a quote from a Zeppelin song. Hence the reason I am poster on a message board instead of playing in the Super Bowl......[:P]

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="Gianthunter"]Mine only said SEX,DRUGS AND ROCK-N-ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:$][/quote]Or was that what I did?[*-)][8-)] But I digress. Good quote from Eli.

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="Gianthunter"]Mine only said SEX,DRUGS AND ROCK-N-ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:$][/quote]

I had a quote from a Zeppelin song. Hence the reason I am poster on a message board instead of playing in the Super Bowl......[:P]

[/quote]

I'm from the first generation that grew up with television as as a normal thing to have in the house and the devil pot hit in Mississippi just as I was finishing high school............I won't be playing with Weatherford in the ******* Super Bowl, either.

wow. that's an awesome quote. thanks for sharing!