+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arguments for: Giants are the Flagship Franchise

Veteran

Arguments for: Giants are the Flagship Franchise

Since the playoff run began, I've been using this argument to shut the Jets fans up. I tend to base this on recent history, 1) Parcells, 2) Belicheck, 3) Romeo, 4) Sean Payton, 5) Spagnolo, etc.

Give me some back up on why the Giants are the flagship fanchise.

Re: Arguments for: Giants are the Flagship Franchise

vince lombardi.....all u need

[quote user="AngryAZN"]Since the playoff run began, I've been using this argument to shut the Jets fans up. I tend to base this on recent history, 1) Parcells, 2) Belicheck, 3) Romeo, 4) Sean Payton, 5) Spagnolo, etc.

Give me some back up on why the Giants are the flagship fanchise.[/quote]Do not forget Landry, Lambardy, Sean Payton, John Fox, Eli Manning lol, LT, Strahan, TC, 3 SBs.

If that is not enough we can do more.

The football is named the "Duke" after Wellington Mara. Start of the Defense Chant, and Gatorade bath. We still own GIANTS STADIUM.

Do they need more? I can give them more.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

All-Pro

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="AngryAZN"]Since the playoff run began, I've been using this argument to shut the Jets fans up. I tend to base this on recent history, 1) Parcells, 2) Belicheck, 3) Romeo, 4) Sean Payton, 5) Spagnolo, etc. Give me some back up on why the Giants are the flagship fanchise.[/quote]Do not forget Landry, Lambardy, Sean Payton, John Fox, Eli Manning lol, LT, Strahan, TC, 3 SBs. If that is not enough we can do more. The football is named the "Duke" after Wellington Mara. Start of the Defense Chant, and Gatorade bath. We still own GIANTS STADIUM. Do they need more? I can give them more.[/quote]</P>

GIVE IT TO EM DRAGON</P>
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bench Player

86...90....07...soon to be 11

They are definitely ONE OF the flagship franchises.

Most playoff appearances (31). Most championship game appearances (21). 3rd most championships (7), 4th oldest team. Lombardi and Landry on the same team. Responsible for so many staples of the game -- the umbrella defense, the running back as a pass catching threat (Giff), the spike, the gatorade dunk, "I'm going to disneyland", the "dee-fense" chant, 18 hall of famers, played in "The Greatest Game Ever Played" that put the NFL on the national radar and lead to the creation of the AFL, the "sneaker' game that was a shocking innovation adapting footwear to the field conditions... Sustained excellence (competed for a championship in every decade but the 1970s).

But Green Bay and Chicago definitely belong up there too... And I guess you have to include Pittsburgh, Dallas, and San Fran, and New England. Probably a few others too but that's a good place to start.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Don't forget about the Notre Dame game that established the legitimacy of the professional game back in 1930.

[quote user="AngryAZN"]Since the playoff run began, I've been using this argument to shut the Jets fans up. I tend to base this on recent history, 1) Parcells, 2) Belicheck, 3) Romeo, 4) Sean Payton, 5) Spagnolo, etc. Give me some back up on why the Giants are the flagship fanchise.[/quote]</P>

You can also mention that when Jeff Fisher was asked a while back (when it looked like TC was on the hot seat... again) about possibly being on the Giants radar, and what his interest would be,he said, "Everyone wants the Giants job."</P>

Can that be said of the Jets?</P>

You can also ask how much they had to pay on their STs during the lockout or how many employee were furloughed, laid off, or took pay cuts during the lockout (for the Giants, the answer of course is none).

+ Reply to Thread