+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Win or Lose which players (active/or not) wont be here for 2012

After we win our 4th SB Title next week we need to think about next season

My List includes the possibility of not having 8guys resign or guys be traded

1) Osi. I still think he will be a problem in offseason even with another SB. we trade him for a #1

2) Jacobs will move on and we get maybe a #2 more likely a #3 for him. His deal is not up yet either, Right?

3) MM will test FA and sign elsewhere unless his 2boys talk him into taking less$ to stay as a trio

4) TT will prob Test market as Gmen may not want to give hm huge $$ just like SS last season due to his recoving from injury

5) I think Sintum is gone with all the new Blood we have.

6) With JJ depending on his Camp we may opt to part ways with the Oft injuried Hixon

7) Barden may be gone depending on what happens with MM

8) Deon Grant may be gone again (LOL) due to age

Feel free to add more or take away from what i have listed

Of course there could be alot more journeyman and or spot players that stay or go. like tolly, Chase and others

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: Win or Lose which players (active/or not) wont be here for 2012

Bernard??

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"]

1) Osi. I still think he will be a problem in offseason even with another SB. we trade him for a #1

2) Jacobs will move on and we get maybe a #2 more likely a #3 for him. His deal is not up yet either, Right?

3) MM will test FA and sign elsewhere unless his 2boys talk him into taking less$ to stay as a trio

4) TT will prob Test market as Gmen may not want to give hm huge $$ just like SS last season due to his recoving from injury

6) With JJ depending on his Camp we may opt to part ways with the Oft injuried Hixon

Of course there could be alot more journeyman and or spot players that stay or go. like tolly, Chase and others

[/quote]My list would go like this:

1. MM is gonna get a contract elsewhere.

2. Sintim is a gonner.

3. Kmac, depending on the draft.

4. Grant will retire if we win the SB.

5. Blackburn I think. Not sure what the situation is with him.

6. Aaron Ross.

7. Rocky Bernard.

8. Beckum.

9. Danny Ware.

10. David Carr.

11. Hixon.

We need a lot of cap room this upcoming season, so I would say a surprise or two.

[quote user="loaded30"][quote user="miked1958"]

[/quote]My list would go like this:

1. MM is gonna get a contract elsewhere.

2. Sintim is a gonner.

3. Kmac, depending on the draft.

4. Grant will retire if we win the SB.

5. Blackburn I think. Not sure what the situation is with him.

6. Aaron Ross.

7. Rocky Bernard.

8. Beckum.

9. Danny Ware.

10. David Carr.

11. Hixon.

We need a lot of cap room this upcoming season, so I would say a surprise or two.

[/quote]

Yes forgot those. I agree on Kmac, D. Ware willl prob want chance to start somewhere else. Carr gone for sure, Ross could be with Prince having a full camp, Not so sure on Beckum yet. Guess it depends on what Ballard and Pascoe do in Camp and who we draft.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Veteran

[quote user="miked1958"]

My List includes the possibility of not having 8*guys resign or guys be traded

[/quote]

I mostly agree. A few points though:

1. Osi probably won't get a #1. It's almost the exact situation the Pats were in with Richard Seymour, and with that trade everyone was like WTF Al Davis, and Seymour is/was a better player than Osi.

3. I agreed with you before, but WRs, even a #3, is so important to this offense right now I could see us paying for MM. If someone is willing to pay him like a #1 that we have to pass though.

4. TT will not get big money anywhere and will be back, unless he injury recovery goes especially poorly.

7. No reason to get rid of Barden, he's young and under contract.

Jacobs
    Diehl
    K Mac
    Grant
    Blackburn
    Manningham
    Sintim
    Hixon
    Ugoh
    Tollefson
    Andrews
    Bernard
    Blackmon
    Carr
    Cordle
    Goff
    Kennedy
    Martin
    Ross
    Devin Thomas
    Terrell Thomas
    Tryon
    Ware

yikes

[quote user="miked1958"]

[/quote]

I think Osi will be gone but no way in hell you're getting a #1 or #2 for him. Maybe a #4 if you're lucky. The guy is an absolulte beast when healthy but is liability in the run and will be 31 next season. Rememeber he wants another large contract. No way a team is giving up a high draft pick and then locking up serious money for a 31 year old who's been banged up lately. As for Jacobs I see him coming back if he restructures his deal again if not they'll just release him. No one is giving up anything more than a 6th round pick for him if that.

Veteran

Blackburn must go unless he is willing to go back to ST and and earn the league minimum. He has no potiental for being the starting MLB outside of extraordinary circumstances.

Now with that said, he has done the best he could under these circumstances, but I would like to see the Giants' LBs own the middle of the field like they have in years past.

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"]Jacobs
    Diehl
    K Mac
    Grant
    Blackburn
    Manningham
    Sintim
    Hixon
    Ugoh
    Tollefson
    Andrews
    Bernard
    Blackmon
    Carr
    Cordle
    Goff
    Kennedy
    Martin
    Ross
    Devin Thomas
    Terrell Thomas
    Tryon
    Ware

yikes[/quote]

Why Tollefson? And I can't see us letting Ross AND TT go.

And Beatty and Brewer as the only returning tackles? Can't see that happening.

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="slipknottin"]Jacobs Diehl K Mac Grant Blackburn Manningham Sintim Hixon Ugoh Tollefson Andrews Bernard Blackmon Carr Cordle Goff Kennedy Martin Ross Devin Thomas Terrell Thomas Tryon Ware yikes[/quote] Why Tollefson? And I can't see us letting Ross AND TT go. And Beatty and Brewer as the only returning tackles? Can't see that happening.[/quote]

certainly a huge list when u go and take away all the minor players that have taken up space like a blackmon, andrews,ugoh... and other oft injuried guys.

kinda liked the martin has played STs.. not sure with goff,tolly, devin thomas hs alot of upside. he is the fastest on this team it seems at times.

but one thing is for sure. lots of changes to be made and we have not even started talking about the coaching staff.

so for now i guess we just enjoy these next 2 weeks and hopefully go out and win our 4th Title. That will make what ever happens in the offseason alot easier to deal with

4-New York Giants!!!!!