+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bench Player

Jim Rome calls SF Coach "Sore Loser of The Decade"!

As I was driving to my little record store today I had Jim Rome on the AM radio. I could not stay for the entire segment because I arrived here as they went to commercial. The last thing I heard Rome say was "San Francisco 49er coach Jim Harbaugh is Coach of The Year - and also Sore Loser of The Decade"! It may have been "Poor Sport" of the Decade - not sure which.
    I guess that this has to do with his whining over Sunday's loss to the NFC Champion New York Football Giants. I do recall Harbaugh's commenting about "not being allowed a timeout" before the game-winning field goal as well as disagreeing with a fumble being enforced AFTER "forward progress was stopped". Surely these two facts were behind Rome's rant. It was nice to get some support from California - based Rome. Chances are he has dealt with Harbaugh previously.

Re: Jim Rome calls SF Coach "Sore Loser of The Decade"!

Harbough is a baby, but I could never stand Rome.

I seriously thought he was going to start hitting someone and go postal in the post game interview.

Hapless Harbaugh has had handshake headaches heretofore.

love rome

People handle things differently. What he did was immature, but to lose the way he did is an awful feeling, as we all know. It wasnt like he was trying to be an ******* or brushing off Coughlin out of spite, so no foul in my book.

[quote user="dezzzR"]People handle things differently. What he did was immature, but to lose the way he did is an awful feeling, as we all know. It wasnt like he was trying to be an ******* or brushing off Coughlin out of spite, so no foul in my book.
    [/quote]

I didn't think he did anything wrong there, but just some of the stuff he was complaining about.

All I can remember about Jim Rome is Jim Everett whipping his ***.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Bench Player

[quote user="burier"]All I can remember about Jim Rome is Jim Everett whipping his ***.[/quote]

Thought it was Chris Everett. LOL

Bench Player

That's a pretty accurate description of the coach and the fans. After the infamous post game hand shake with Jim Schwartz, I gave him the benefit of doubt. But since then, I have seen his true colors. Great coach, but not great class.