+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is the most confident I have ever seen this message board.

The players saying we match up well and the fans saying we are going to kill. We talk a lot.

All-Pro

Re: This is the most confident I have ever seen this message board.

this game definitely has a 'Giants game to win or lose' feel to it.. cant wait

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]The players saying we match up well and the fans saying we are going to kill. We talk a lot.[/quote]

Nah, it's not ****iness -- just confidence. NE can obviously beat us, but it just doesn't feel like we went through hearing about the "dream team" Eagles in the pre-season while losing "key" guys, being on the verge of collapse and losing coaches; to secruing the postseason; to beating the # 1 seed 15-1 defending champs and # 2 seed both at home -- accomplish all that to lose the last game of the season.

The last game of the season is going to be a statement, and a very sweet one at that.

its a really nice change.

we're usually on here trying to convince ourselves why this team isn't going to screw this one up.

they're just playing at a different level right now.

If it wasn't for the fact that we're facing BB and Tom Brady, i'd be thinking this game would be a blow out.

It won't but for the first time all season i really confident we're going to win this game.

IMO I think we should be confident, but also take care in not being over-confident. We have been playing great ball the past few weeks, so there is no reason to not feel this way.

I feel confident about this game and that's bad, I wasn't confident since the jets game and we won...

This isn't good, but to be honest, we played a good game during the season against the Pats so I can still feel confident because now we have Osi and Bradshaw back

[quote user="BigBlue D"]
    IMO I think we should be confident, but also take care in not being over-confident. We have been playing great ball the past few weeks, so there is no reason to not feel this way.

[/quote]

Key thing is that TC will not let his players be over confident for a SB. It's okay for us, but I don't feel that we are. We're just confident.

I'm sure the Patriots fans are just as confident about their team. Thats just the way it is. True fans beleive in their team

Veteran

[quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="BigBlue D"]

[/quote]

Key thing is that TC will not let his players be over confident for a SB.* It's okay for us, but I don't feel that we are.* We're just confident.

[/quote]

There's nothing wrong with confidence, there's nothing wrong with thinking your going to win. The only thing you can't do is show up to the Super Bowl like it's a party being held in your honor, which is what the Patriots did in '08.

NE is formidable, no doubt, and they can easily win.

However, this is not the David vs. Goliath matchup of 2007. This is a match of equals (in fact the Giants probably have edges in several areas). And with this year's regular season win, we know we can beat them. In fact we can give them bookend losses on their winning streak. We're the last team they lost to.

Besides, if stories like this end badly, then what is there to believe in?
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells