+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Super Mock

Super Mock

WHOOOOOO G-MEN!!! GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!! Lets go.

Round 1

Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama

There is too much uncertainty i the secondary going into next season. We have TT coming off injury and without a contract, Justin Tryon who we signed also coming off injury, Bruce Johnson might never be tha same again after his injury, Brian Witherspoon looked good in camp but suffered an ACL tear and never got to show his stuff, and then there is Micheal Coe. And when picking at 32 you have to try to get the biggest possible bang for your buck.

Round 2

Andre Branch DE Clemson

With Osi most likely being gon and Reese being a Man who puts a premium on pass rusher, Branch is a kid who possesses size (6'5) burst and balance as a run an pass guy.

Round 3

Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma

Manningham will likely be looking for a big paycheck and will go for greener pastors so the Giants select Broyles who is a all around receiver. he runs goo routes, can play the slot and outside, has great hand, and can make people miss.

Round 4

Philip Blake C Baylor

Throughout 2011, Blake was an excellent pass protector for Robert Griffin III, and opened up holes in the ground game for running back Terrance Ganaway. Blake is a good athlete for his size. He has the strength to push tackles aside and surprising quickness to hit blocks on linebackers. For the past two years, Blake has been the starter at center, having begun his collegiate career at tackle. To close out 2011, he had a lot of success going against Washington Huskies defensive tackle Alameda Ta'amu in the Alamo Bowl. The Baylor Bears were able to have a massive game on the ground to the tune of 482 yards. In the NFL, Blake would probably fit best in a power man blocking scheme.

Round 5

Harrison Smith SS Notre Dame

Very intelligent player that is usually in the right place at the right time. Grant will most likely retire after this year leaving a hole in the secondary that needs to be filled.

I didn't put a lineman in their because I feel that Reese will either let one of the young guys on the roster (Petrus, Brewer) work into the role or address it in the FA. Linebacker was also avoided for the same reason. the coaches were content with Goff heading into the season and with young guys like Williams, Herzlich, Jones, and Paysinger, that if any LB was added it would be either a FA vet or a URFA.

Re: Super Mock

Trade out of the first round?

Having season tix to Florida, I saw Jenkins a lot. He is a stud but likes weed too much. You missed on a few key positions. Off. Tackle for one. Diehl is average at best and Mckenzie got abused a lot this year. We need a RB. Jacobs is probably gone. We need a game breaker here. What about LBer?? Did not see anyone tempting in FA. Lastly, we need a TE.

I believe Manningham will resign. I know he is going to want more $$. Not sure he will get big offers elsewhere as a 3rd WR. We also should give cruz a raise.

[quote user="Voldamort"]Trade out of the first round?[/quote] I honestly wouldn't mind.....it's not like were picki in the teens.......what's the difference between picking 32 opposed to the top 5-8 of the 2nd

Jenkins has to much baggage for us to draft him. He is amazingly talented but in just is not a good fit.

JJ isn't the type of CB that the Giants would pick (both character and size) and most likely will be gone before we pick.

No way Branch is available when we pick in the 2nd round.

Broyles is a 5th round talent. Why would the Giants reach for a position they don't need on a player who isn't remotely BPA?

No way Harrison is there in the 5th ... he's a borderline 3rd round talent.

NOTE: These predicted draft positions are all relative pre-Combine obviously.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"]JJ isn't the type of CB that the Giants would pick (both character and size) and most likely will be gone before we pick.

No way Branch is available when we pick in the 2nd round.

Broyles is a 5th round talent. Why would the Giants reach for a position they don't need on a player who isn't remotely BPA?

No way Harrison is there in the 5th ... he's a borderline 3rd round talent.

NOTE: These predicted draft positions are all relative pre-Combine obviously.[/quote]
    Mike Mayock thinks he'll go in the 2nd:

"I think he is one of the best safeties in the country and I thought he
    had a great year this year," said Mayock. "He didn't have seven
    interceptions like he did the year before, but keep in mind I think
    three of them came against [Miami]. This year he made a bunch of plays
    on the ball, he tackled extremely well. He is the leader of the
    secondary. He is one of the smartest kids I think I've met as far as
    understanding the game of football and I think he'll be surprisingly
    athletic when they test him at the combine, so I'd be really surprised
    if he didn't go in the first two rounds
    ."

Note: Kiper has Smith going 28th to the Packers in his latest mock