+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cordy Glenn

Cordy Glenn

Thats a bad man right their. watching the practices the last couple days and he is dominating at Guard AND Right and Left Tackle. He has Handled Coples, Upshaw, and has split with Ingram.

I'd be damn happy if we drafted this kid 6'5 346 with dancers feet.

Re: Cordy Glenn

Works for me

If asked to play on the outside, he looked better on the right, though he still should be a G.

Anyone who can line up at multiple positions along the line is a guy the Giants will take a good look at, Im sure.

Im not so sure he fits what the giants look for on the OL.

They generally have looked at smaller size prospects (weight wise).

They like guys who can get out and move in space more than they like those classic oversized mauler types. At least thats what I see.

Things can change.

The way Giants currently operate in the passing game would probably overrule faster lineman who can get into the second level of run blocking. Almost looks like the occasional Run'N Shoot offense with Cruz needing time to find the soft spot in coverage.

Glenn is a great prospect but I would rather have Konz at 32.

Veteran

In terms of upside, and value he very well could be a guy the Giants look at. They WANT to run the ball, but they can't, mostly because of the line. The offense looks like it does mostly because that's what's working.

I don't think they're running the offense that they WANT, but rather they're running the offense they have. They have an incredible QB who has developed an incredible receiving corp.

That being said, I kinda doubt that they take a 1st round lineman. Reese's MO with the line has been to draft guys at incredible value (guys who should have gone way higher than they have), and let Flaherty develop them and then insert them into the line. That's what happened with Beatty, I'm sure that's what's going to happen with Petrus, and probably with Brewer (possibly next year, but given that we haven't seen him start, I want to see him in camp/preseason).

It looks to me like Reese has a definite plan for the O-line, and while it may mean missing out on absolute top-level athletes, it also means it keeps the line stocked with high level talent, while maintaining chemistry (which is the most important thing for an O-line).

Bench Player

Glenn has the versitility to play multiple O-Line positions, and that happens to be a trait that the Giants look for in O-Line guys.

If the Giants can sign either Carl Nicks or Ben Grubbs to play LG (lets face it, Diehl is horrible and Boothe is a career backup), I'd say draft Cordy Glenn and put him at RT since McKenzie is a FA. That should re-establish a running game to the right side of the line that has been lacking this past season for the Giants.

+ Reply to Thread