+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Most PostSeason Wins by a Starting QB on the Road or Neutral Field.

Take a moment to really soak it in!!! And if that doesn't give you chills then imagine what another 6-9 years (knock on wood) may bring.

====================================
    Eli Maning ----------- 7-1
    Terry Bradshaw ---- 6-3
    Rodger Staubach -- 6-3
    Tom Brady ----------- 6-4
    Joe Montana -------- 6-5
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Re: Most PostSeason Wins by a Starting QB on the Road or Neutral Field.

no comments haters? Like to ignore the pain you would feel if you read this huh?
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

[quote user="DragonSoul"]Take a moment to really soak it in!!! And if that doesn't give you chills then imagine what another 6-9 years (knock on wood) may bring. ==================================== Eli Maning ----------- 6-1 Tom Brady ----------- 6-3 Terry Bradshaw ---- 6-3 Rodger Staubach -- 6-3 Joe Montana -------- 6-5[/quote]</P>

THIS IS AWESOME.. I made several posts about Eli and TCs record including the SB which was tech considered another Away Game within last week but didnt get as much response as i would have expected. </P>

I also pointed out that Eli took over the Record for most 4th quarter Tds (15) to Peyton and Johnny's (14)...</P>

This is suchan INCREDIBLE STAT that you just brought out.

I even included a list of the BEST all time QBs that did not equal what Eli has done...On it other then whats already on your list,,, were Elway, Marino, Unitas, Starr, Simms, Baugh, Dawson, Rodgers, Brees, Moon, tarkenton, stabler, Young, Aikeman, Earl Morrall, Fouts, Namath, Kelly, Thiesman, the other dallas qb..um...Romo, Rivers, Rothlisberger.
    It goes on and on and on..... </P>

</P>
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All this yet.. seems like everyday on tv, radio and internet they all feel the need to debate weather Eli is Elite... </P>

What does this guy have to do to get some Props. He will have 2SBs in 4 yrs over what is considered a Dynasty type CLUB</P>

4-New York Giants!!!!!

By the way. Just Asking. Why did you put this Thread in Smack Talk???? It should be in TAGF for all to see. Its worth it.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

See i was right. This thread is not getting the attention it really deserves in this Smack Forum

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"]

All this yet.. seems like everyday on tv, radio and internet they all feel the need to debate weather Eli is Elite... </p>

What does this guy have to do to get some Props. He will have 2SBs in 4 yrs over what is considered a Dynasty type CLUB</p>[/quote]

To be fair, I don't think Eli is Elite. I just don't. He makes nice plays and is a pretty damn good QB, but not to the magnitude of the guys that I would call elite (Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers).

Why you may ask? Despite this being his "best year" he still had an awful TD/TO ratio, accuracy wasn't that great, and there were at least 3 other quarterbacks in the NFC alone that had better years.

And when you look objectively at his performances in the last portion of the season and playoffs, how great were they really? They were enough to get the job done and he's more than a 'bus driver'. But c'mon. Jets game? If not for fancy footwork by Cruz, and a 99 yard td Eli's numbers look like this...

8 of 26 (30%) 126 yards (4.2 ypa) 1 int

That was coming off the redskins game where he was also putrid. Then he had a few good games in between, and then the redskins game happened. Felt like he played incredibly in the first half but in the second, he was not the difference maker he usually is, and fortunately had two interceptions slip through the hands of 9ers defenders.

I'd put him at the top of the next tier though as the number 5 overall QB because he finds ways to win so to speak, and has been to the superbowl twice. He's just too inconsistent for me to say he belongs with the names above him.

Edit: From a media standpoint, I think he would have been crowned elite a long time ago if it weren't for his awful first few years. It's hard to get over first impressions if drastic change doesn't happen (IE: Brees switching NFL teams).

Veteran

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="miked1958"]

All this yet.. seems like everyday on tv, radio and internet they all feel the need to debate weather Eli is Elite... </p>

What does this guy have to do to get some Props. He will have 2SBs in 4 yrs over what is considered a Dynasty type CLUB</p>[/quote]

To be fair, I don't think Eli is Elite. I just don't. He makes nice plays and is a pretty damn good QB, but not to the magnitude of the guys that I would call elite (Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers).

Why you may ask? Despite this being his "best year" he still had an awful TD/TO ratio, accuracy wasn't that great, and there were at least 3 other quarterbacks in the NFC alone that had better years.

And when you look objectively at his performances in the last portion of the season and playoffs, how great were they really? They were enough to get the job done and he's more than a 'bus driver'. But c'mon. Jets game? If not for fancy footwork by Cruz, and a 99 yard td Eli's numbers look like this...

That was coming off the redskins game where he was also putrid. Then he had a few good games in between, and then the redskins game happened. Felt like he played incredibly in the first half but in the second, he was not the difference maker he usually is, and fortunately had two interceptions slip through the hands of 9ers defenders.

I'd put him at the top of the next tier though as the number 5 overall QB because he finds ways to win so to speak, and has been to the superbowl twice. He's just too inconsistent for me to say he belongs with the names above him.

Edit: From a media standpoint, I think he would have been crowned elite a long time ago if it weren't for his awful first few years. It's hard to get over first impressions if drastic change doesn't happen (IE: Brees switching NFL teams).
    [/quote]

So then Aikman defnietly is not elite right?

[quote user="CGYgiant"]

So then Aikman defnietly is not elite right?
    [/quote]

Aikman played in a different era. If he played today and put up the same stats that he did then, I'd say absolutely not.

Was he elite in his era? Well that's also hard to judge. The media would have you think so, but compared to other guys like Marino, Young, Moon, Elway, and in later years Favre, he was little more than a bus driver. However he was very consistently ranked amongst those guys in YPA, completion percentage, int%, QB rating, etc etc, while making a few appearances on the leaderboards in completed passes, yards, and TDs. Combine that with 3 superbowl rings and it's still on the edge. It depends on how you look at it.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="miked1958"]

All this yet.. seems like everyday on tv, radio and internet they all feel the need to debate weather Eli is Elite... </P>

What does this guy have to do to get some Props. He will have 2SBs in 4 yrs over what is considered a Dynasty type CLUB</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

So after he wins his 2nd Ring in 4 years on feb 5th. Has the most wins 6 away from home in playoff history, has the record for most 4th quarter Tds.... You dont think all of your fanbase wouldnt kill to have Eli over Romo... Come on now answer it honestly... </P>

4-New York Giants!!!!!