+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    The loss to the Panthers early in his career was due to a complete depletion of the defense to injuries. They were pulling LB's off the street a week before the game. The loss to Eagles was at home was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    First off, why a Eli circle jerk thread in the Smack Talk section?

Second, what does Bennett's lack of production in Dallas have to do with his recent success for Blue? When you have Witten starting for you, that doesn't give Bennett much of a chance. And as I wish former Cowboys good will, I hope Bennett's found a good home.
    1 - This thread was around for awhile now, and you missed the reason it was posted back then.

2 - Read the thread if you want to know why bennett was mentioned in the thread.

3- What does Witten have to do w/anything? Look at the Pats. Great QB's bring out the best in the players around them. Try a different argument.

4 - Take your circle else where. Thanks
    Last edited by DragonSoul; 09-29-2012 at 04:58 AM.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    No, it is 1-2 at home.. Carolina 2005 23-0 game and the 08 game vs phiily which was like 23-11. the 06 loss to Philly was in Philly thus the 1 blemish on his 7-1 Away Record. that was a 23-20 loss at Lincoln Financial Field
    Yeah you're right I keep forgetting 06 was in Philly

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    3- What does Witten have to do w/anything? Look at the Pats. Great QB's bring out the best in the players around them. Try a different argument.
    Different offensive philosophies. Bennett wasn't given much of an opportunity to succeed in Dallas, which is probably why he underachieved while he was there. Sensing there was a bit of a negative feedback loop going on there. I don't think it necessarily had to do with how good of a QB Romo is other than his bromance with Witten.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Different offensive philosophies. Bennett wasn't given much of an opportunity to succeed in Dallas, which is probably why he underachieved while he was there. Sensing there was a bit of a negative feedback loop going on there. I don't think it necessarily had to do with how good of a QB Romo is other than his bromance with Witten.
    From what I understood as the years went on he got less and less of the chances/touches. I don't think it was more so the philosophy as it was more so the lack of coaches and possibly the QB. If you recall there been years when the cowboys were said to always be needing a reliable 2nd/3rd WR behind Austin and Witten. That is one of the main reasons they took Dez as to improve their quality at the receiver spot. But they had an apparent option if they actually implemented him as the Giants are currently doing.

There have been many reports saying how Witten is Romos security blanket/go to guy (as a quick option). But with Eli, he had that earlier in his career. Now he generally goes for the guy who is open, and continually hits multiple pass catchers in every game. That's why last year and even this year the top two wrs in Nicks and Cruz are fairly close in numbers, as are the 2nd tier groups. Because he really doesnt play favorites unless the match ups and/or the coverages are favorable to do so. Like how it was this past week with Barden and the panthers. Apparently there they happen to be both the reasons why Barden was getting so many balls thrown his way.
    Last edited by DragonSoul; 09-29-2012 at 08:18 PM.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul