+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: jets board

All-Pro

Re: jets board

If it was Jets verse Cowboys or Eagles, Id definitely root for the Jets. Not even a question.

[quote user="TuckYou"]If it was Jets verse Cowboys or Eagles, Id definitely root for the Jets. Not even a question.[/quote]
    Yea me too...not the Redskins though, my hate for them doesn't surpass that of the Jets or Pats.....yet

Veteran

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]I gotta love the morons rooting for their division rival -- the one that's owned the division for a decade, the one they play 2x a year, the one responsible for Spygate, the one who stole Belichick away from them after 24 hours as Jets coach.

Really, you're worried about other fans in NY, for a team you play in a meaningful game once every 4 years... More worried about newspapers and talk radio attention than seeing the division arch-rival defeated. Idiots.

They seem to think we are starving for attention... WTF? Really? Like we gave a **** about the Jets? All we got pissed about is the constant talking without delivering and the classless teenage girl moves like covering up our Super Bowl logos.
    [/quote]</P>

+1</P>

When the Jets make the playoffs I pull for them.</P>

I really have nothing against the team.....I always thought Leon Hess was a class act.</P>

Too bad their owner, coach and fans have such a raging inferiority complex.</P>

Starter

wow @ almost half rooting for the patriots... that is really eye opening. i knew jets fans were haters but how can you root for your most hated division rival over a team that you only play once every 4 years?

would any of us giants fans root for the eagles if they were in the SB against the jets? (highlighly unlikely, but just hypothetically speaking)

i would think not, most would probably be indifferent at worst.

All-Pro

[quote user="TuckYou"]If it was Jets verse Cowboys or Eagles, Id definitely root for the Jets. Not even a question.[/quote]
    That would be our nightmare. Prob Philly and jets would be the absolute worst for us
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

But I would have to agree with you. At that point we are out so I would choose the Jets over a division rival
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="EliTE"]would any of us giants fans root for the eagles if they were in the SB against the jets? (highlighly unlikely, but just hypothetically speaking)

i would think not, most would probably be indifferent at worst.[/quote]

No way in hell, go Jets
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Bench Player

I`d root for the Jets all day against the Eagles in the highly unlikely chance those two ever met in the Super Bowl in my lifetime!

Even with Rex-LOL

[quote user="egyptian420"]The best one:

"The luck of Jet fans. the ONE team from each conference we don't want in the SB are both in it.

I honestly didn't hate the giants before rex came here. now I'm forced to not like them. damnit rex."

It's funny because I didn't hate the Jets until Rex got there too...
    [/quote]Totally agreed. Before Rex my teams went Giants (obvious #1), Steelers #2 (Giants-Steelers connection and I have a huge football fan from Pittsburgh who always rooted Giants #2), and Jets #3 (Im a NYer, why not root for my hometown)

But since Rex got here, him and Craig Carton have gone full steam on a Jets vs Giants rivalry. Before those clowns Id root for the Jets cept when we played them in pre-season and 1nce every 4yrs

Even now, Id still root Jets over the iggles or cows in the SB, but thats about it...
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

Not me. Call me out of my mind crazy, but if it were the Jets vs. a Vick-led Eagles team, I'd be rootin' for the puppy-poacher. Has nothing to do with the players, but the team....the coach. I actually like Andy Reid - never recall him being so much of a jerk that it made headlines.

The other reason I would never EVER root for the Jets is because these guys don't not how to win gracefully. Heck, the chest-thumping they did the last two years just MAKING it to the CG was nauseating and then the coach has the audacity to guarantee a SB victory after losing two CGs in a row. If they won the SB, they'd be gloating all off-season over how NY is THEIR town. Winning your first SB since 1969 when we've gone to one every decade for the last decades doesn't qualify as owning anything. Just my opinion.

I loathe the Jets and their entire organization. They're just classless, disgraceful and don't know how to handle losing (ahem Santonio) let alone winning.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but it's mine and I'm stickin' to it!

+ Reply to Thread