+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

who on this defense makes Hall of Fame

If we can bury the Pats and take home the Lombardi who on this defense does the 2 championships help get into the hall?

I think Osi should get in.... He has forced over 32 fumbles in his career... He is probably the best ever at the strip sack...and when he plays he's an elite pass rusher...

I think Tuck would have to put together 2 or 3 more 13+ sacks seasons...

Jpp has the potential to be an all time great

Re: who on this defense makes Hall of Fame

[quote user="shotcalla39"]If we can bury the Pats and take home the Lombardi who on this defense does the 2 championships help get into the hall?

I think Osi should get in.... He has forced over 32 fumbles in his career... He is probably the best ever at the strip sack...and when he plays he's an elite pass rusher...

Jpp has the potential to be an all time great[/quote]

I don't think anyone on the defense is going to the hall of fame. Besides Perry Fewell. /red

Veteran

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="shotcalla39"]If we can bury the Pats and take home the Lombardi who on this defense does the 2 championships help get into the hall?

I think Osi should get in.... He has forced over 32 fumbles in his career... He is probably the best ever at the strip sack...and when he plays he's an elite pass rusherno...

I don't think anyone on the defense is going to the hall of fame. Besides Perry Fewell. /red[/quote]

I disagree

Most likely Osi IMO

maybe jpp. i could see tuck and osi maybe one day...but certainly not first ballot. webster would be a long shot, but if he continues for another 5+ years at a high level, he will have had a hell of a career.

who knows though, a lot of these guys are still really young. so maybe more than we think. that would be ideal.

Veteran

[quote user="shotcalla39"]If we can bury the Pats and take home the Lombardi who on this defense does the 2 championships help get into the hall?

You have to realize how few guys get into the hall-of-fame. I mean every great QB goes, but as far as pass rushers go? In the modern era (80s-2000s), you basically have Derrick Thomas, LT, Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Richard Dent, Harry Carson, Dan Hampton, Howie Long, and that's about it. Strahan will go, a few other guys will go, but a lot of top-quality pro bowl guys don't make it if you can't put together a great body of work in your career. Tuck and Osi both have iffy career numbers, a few really good seasons but not sustained dominance. Guys like Jason Taylor, Ware, Jared Allen, Julius Peppers, etc, have to get in before them as it stands now.

It is still early in his career, but if JPP keeps going at this pace, I can see him making it.

[quote user="shotcalla39"]If we can bury the Pats and take home the Lombardi who on this defense does the 2 championships help get into the hall? I think Osi should get in.... He has forced over 32 fumbles in his career... He is probably the best ever at the strip sack...and when he plays he's an elite pass rusher... I think Tuck would have to put together 2 or 3 more 13+ sacks seasons... Jpp has the potential to be an all time great[/quote]

Osi...like Tuck will need a few more years of great play IMO....

JPP...way too early.

Where is Jakk....he would certainly say Chase Blackburn. Not a dis on Chase at all....I love that he is back on the team and making a huge impact. Just wanted to bust Jakk's balls....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Nobody right now. In order to get into the HOF you have to DOMINATE your position for a lengthy period of time. We have great DE's but their better as a unit. I mean look how much the pass rush picked up since Osi got back.

I think OSI and tuck need more stats before they even get considered.

That being said, the only Giants from this past decade (defensively) who will get in is Strahan, and he's not a first ballot guy

Right now, no one. JPP is a dominant player but it's only his second year. He would need to keep up this level of play for at least 6-8 more years just to be part of the conversation. Tuck and Osi are great players but both have struggled with a lot injuries and down years and I don't think either ever really reached their full potential and probably never will. Webster is the only other one that even deserves a mention for this but he rarely gets talked about as being in the same class as top cornerbacks like Woodson, Revis, and Asmougha, so he's a no too.