+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Delay on OT Field Goal ...

Now, I'm not complaining after the outcome of the five yard longer kick.

But how exactly weren't we prepared to kick the field goal initially?

Re: Delay on OT Field Goal ...

I think you have to give credit to TC and the coaching staff on the flip side of that when they didnt call time out. You never want to ICE your own kicker. Right Jason Garrett?

Bench Player

I would have thought that the timeout would be better in that it essentially does the same thing as the penalty, but you dont lost 5 yards.

It seemed as though TC got caught off guard with the play clock. They showed Eli trying to point this out on the sideline but TC reacted too late.

Was it strategic? Possibly- Tynes said he liked the footing better after the penalty...

It was strange for sure. But to use Antrel Rolles phrase "at the end of the day" all that matters is that he made the kick.

[quote user="NYG4ME"]I think you have to give credit to TC and the coaching staff on the flip side of that when they didnt call time out. You never want to ICE your own kicker. Right Jason Garrett?
    [/quote]

I don't think you can compare those two situations. I don't think anyone would have considered it icing. Look at what happened to Baltimore.....it's amazing that theyrushed to kick that FG and kept a time out in their pockets as they left the field (as losers). When they saw that the play clock was going to expire, they should have taken a time out. If they had missed that FG and subsequently lost the game, we'd all be blaming that......

it would have killed me,if TC would have called a time out and TYNES missed the kick!! Thg it was only a 31 yard kick,not like last time 47 yards!!

[quote user="tallguyLU"]

I would have thought that the timeout would be better in that it essentially does the same thing as the penalty, but you dont lost 5 yards.

It seemed as though TC got caught off guard with the play clock. They showed Eli trying to point this out on the sideline but TC reacted too late.

Was it strategic? Possibly- Tynes said he liked the footing better after the penalty...

[/quote]

Well again. I have been saying all along that just like in 07 there is a little bit of FATE at work here. Magical things happening to help us move along in the playoffs.

This time a mistake by players and coaches allowing clock to expire actually gave Weatherford a better spot. He said the first one was in all muddy wet mushy grass and could have been a problem. When they moved the ball back, there was a nice big dirt patch that was perfect for spotting the ball.

So it worked in our favor....

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Plus alot of times when you are down that close to the Goal Post, the Kickers like it moved our 5yards to give them a little more room to work with.

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

it always bothered back when we lost that blown game to san fran.
    i thought we shoulda called a timeout to get our **** together

Veteran

[quote user="miked1958"]

Plus alot of times when you are down that close to the Goal Post, the Kickers like it moved our 5yards to give them a little more room to work with.

[/quote]I think that only applies to punters...