+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Needs in order of importance

Bench Player

Team Needs in order of importance

Offensive Line - We've got a franchise QB who's at the peak of his powers, we need to protect him. We've got a core of recievers who are fast and strong, and it seems Eli can turn any marginal offensive player into a weapon, but that only happens if he is protected. This has to be our top priority and there are many highly rated OL prospects in this draft.

IN addition, this will extend the life of our 2 backs. I think we should draft a back in later rounds, but a better OL makes Bradshaw and Jacobs better and extends their careers as well. We've gotta get this done.

LB
    RB

Re: Team Needs in order of importance

in all honesty, i think were good at lb. as long as boley comes back, kiwi keeps killin it, and goff comes back in similar form to last season. then we got williams jones and paysinger backin them up. not the best core, but pretty solid.

I think we should go

OL
    CB
    RB

CB just because websters solid, TT is a question mark coming back, Prince barely sees the field, and ross is ross (I want to see him do good so bad), but just almost as insurance, in case we lose TT, prince doesnt pan out, and ross doesnt improve

LT
    G
    C
    G
    RT

MLB
    TE

Veteran

Talent
    Talent
    Talent
    Talent

Before this season started, we were thin at LB, but LOADED at CB and DE... Then Tuck gets mauled by the injury bug, Osi needs additional surgery, and Clint Sintim goes down forcing Kiwi to stay at LB, and we're left with Tolly and JPP.

at CB, we were stacked and then we lose Johnson, Prince, TT24, Weatherspoon, Coe, sign and lose Tryon... and I might be forgetting some.

At LB, we lose Goff, and Sintim, but then Boley and Kiwi play better than we could have hoped, Herz steps up and looks good, Blackburn comes back and plays great, and Williams looks like an absolute stud.

My point being that there's absolutely NO way to tell what a team's needs are, or are going to be. The only way to combat that is to add as much talent as you can, regardless of position.

i dont think there is a single position that they shouldnt be looking at, expect punter.

I really would like them to address LB and OL in free agency.
    I also would like for them to add a true pass catching TE or a RB especially if Lamar Miller is there which I doubt he would be because the Bengals need a running back and i'm pretty sure they will take him with one of there picks.
    Oh yes and Baas was a bad free agent signing, Boothe was way better.

[quote user="NYFan221"]in all honesty, i think were good at lb. as long as boley comes back, kiwi keeps killin it, and goff comes back in similar form to last season. then we got williams jones and paysinger backin them up. not the best core, but pretty solid.

I think we should go

OL
    CB
    RB

CB just because websters solid, TT is a question mark coming back, Prince barely sees the field, and ross is ross (I want to see him do good so bad), but just almost as insurance, in case we lose TT, prince doesnt pan out, and ross doesnt improve
    [/quote] how are we good at LB? Can we compare our LBs to anyother position on our team talent wise? No matter how you cut it, LB is our probaly our weakest area on the team...

[quote user="CruzSoldier"]I really would like them to address LB and OL in free agency.[/quote]

I think bringing in anyone in FA other than vet min guys and backups is wishful thinking.

I posted the list yesterday of all the FAs the giants have, pretty much every backup at every position is a FA.

If Thomas is resigned and healthy and Grant retires/leaves, do the Giants pursue that versatile third safety they were hoping for in Chad Jones?

[quote user="myles2424"]
    how are we good at LB? Can we compare our LBs to anyother position on our team talent wise? No matter how you cut it, LB is our probaly our weakest area on the team...[/quote]

were really not bad there, we have 4 rookies who show some promise, and goff coming back next year, boley and kiwi playing great... and sintim lol.

idk when whose contracts are up, but if we go into next season with the same core id be happy.

+ Reply to Thread