+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I don't care if the Giants lose today

Don't get me wrong, I want them to win.

But what I really want to see is a game that is played with heart, where the team doesn't give up. A game that could give us the momentum to carry us into the Playoffs.

Let's go Giants!!!

Re: I don't care if the Giants lose today

I would be happy to see that

Bench Player

ABSOLUTELY, totally, 100% agreed.

There is zero shame in losing to the undefeated Super Bowl champion Packers, as long as we play our guts out and battle from 15:00 1Q to 0:00 4Q. If we do that and lose 60-0, I'll be happy. Not as happy as if we won, but a full 60-minute effort alone would be a HUGE improvement over the quit job on Monday night. Which WAS shameful.

I'd rather watch a team battle hard for 60 minutes and lose, than watch a team laze around and eke out a win somehow. If we're in there hitting them hard, even if we're down a bunch of points, I'll be proud of this team.

And by the way--before the season started, how many Giants fans honestly thought we'd be battling for our playoff lives and the division title in Week 13? It's been an amazing season...I thought for sure that it'd be a lost cause early on. Even if we wind up fading down the stretch, you've got to admire how we've at least made it this far. But hopefully we'll find a way to succeed and move on!

absoloutely, just like the close pats loss in the regular season on our SB year...we proved to ourselves we could hang wit the best, and if given the opportunity again could beat them in the SB- and so it proved that year.
    The most important thing today is we show heart commitment and hang with the Packs. Its imperitive for Dallas next week we prove to ourselves we can do it.

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"]Don't get me wrong, I want them to win. But what I really want to see is a game that is played with heart, where the team doesn't give up. A game that could give us the momentum to carry us into the Playoffs. Let's go Giants!!![/quote]

I want to see a game that will start the ball rolling for some needed changes for next year. Changes that were needed last year!

TC: My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died.

Reese: Tough

TC: Now look at me. I'm wet nurse to a last-place, dead-to-the-neck-up ball club, and I'm choking to death!

[quote user="bigjeep"]

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"]Don't get me wrong, I want them to win. But what I really want to see is a game that is played with heart, where the team doesn't give up. A game that could give us the momentum to carry us into the Playoffs. Let's go Giants!!![/quote]

I want to see a game that will start the ball rolling for some needed changes for next year. Changes that were needed last year!

[/quote]

Huh? You lost me on that statement. What ball rolling would you like to see for some needed changes next year? Are you saying you hope they play like they did against the Saints?

"I test how other people deal with reality"

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="bigjeep"]

[/quote]

Huh? You lost me on that statement. What ball rolling would you like to see for some needed changes next year? Are you saying you hope they play like they did against the Saints?[/quote]

he wants the Giants to take a dive.

(shakes head in disgust)

[quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="bigjeep"]

[/quote]

Huh? You lost me on that statement. What ball rolling would you like to see for some needed changes next year? Are you saying you hope they play like they did against the Saints?[/quote]

He wants a horrible game that results in a downhill rest of season and the changing of coaches etc.

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="bigjeep"]

[/quote]

(shakes head in disgust)
    [/quote]

+1

Really is how sad some of these fans are.

If the Giants come out fighting today I'll be perfectly happy.

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="jakegibbs"][quote user="bigjeep"]

[/quote]

(shakes head in disgust)
    [/quote]

I don't understand? Why would he want them to play badly?