+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It really hasn't sunk in yet........or has it?

Was BS'ing with my buddy pre-game during the Pats/Ravens battle and we were both saying that it really hasn't sunk in yet......that is I don't thinkour brains (or lack thereof) fully digested the fact that this team was still playing at this time of year and for the NFC Championship no less....and now in two weeks the Super Bowl. Feels kind of surreal. Anyone else feel the same way? Have you been able to wrap your head around this yet?

Not suremy mind willgrasp the magnitude ofanother big game or the situation the Giants are in till just before kickoff or till after the W or God forbid L......it's all kind of been a blur with the last thing I remember being a hole I punched in my wall while Dez Bryant was Salsa'ing in the endzone in Dallas.....the Washington game was SHOCK & DISGUST.....the Jets game was ELATION......the DAL home game was DOMINATION.....the ATL blowout was PERFECT......the GB game was DISBELIEF.....and the SF game was a HEART ATTACK......following the SF game for a very brief moment (2-3 minutes) once my heart finally settled I just sat back in a chair while everyone around me was celebrating and just tried to enjoy the moment......and then poof it was gone.....and it was all about the next big game......frickin roller coaster ride.......

Just trying to figure out when this feeling will fully set in and when we can look back in retrospect and actually enjoy thisride.....I'm still walking around like a zombie......

Re: It really hasn't sunk in yet........or has it?

I hear you...

the more I watch ESPN and the NFL network while also coming on here. Its all adding up. I know its sinking in because as soon as the the sports shows whether it be TV or radiogo to basketball or the Austrailian Tennis Open I get pissed and change the channel looking for Giants and SB talk.....lol

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+1
    WIN GIANTS!! WIN IT ALL!!

[quote user="GameTime"]

I hear you...

the more I watch ESPN and the NFL network while also coming on here. Its all adding up. I know its sinking in because as soon as the the sports shows whether it be TV or radiogo to basketball or the Austrailian Tennis Open I get pissed and change the channel looking for Giants and SB talk.....lol

[/quote]

YEAH, AGREED! I was PISSED off when I had to hear about Joe Paterno on Monday and Posada on Wednesday, and the Knicks sucking.

After they beat Dallas, I believed. After they dominated the Falcs, I REALLY believed that we could do it -- that we would actually shock the Pack and then beat SF. Honestly just no doubt in my mind after we crushed the Falcs. And I have no doubt that we're going to be NE as well. We're finally playing up to the level of our talent.

And yes, it's sunk in for me and I'm enjoying the ride.

All-Pro

I think it'll be harder to swallow a loss in this year's SB then it would have been in 2007. We actually have a legitimate shot this year. Thus, I'm also a lot more apprehensive this tiem around.

In 2007, I was expecting to be blown out of the water. So really, no pressure there.

Just enjoy and soak it all in while it's happening because 20 years from now, people will be talking about this time the way we talk about the 80s Giants.

Good times!
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"]Just enjoy and soak it all in while it's happening because 20 years from now, people will be talking about this time the way we talk about the 80s Giants. Good times![/quote]

wholly ****...

I keep forgetting how long ago the 80s were...

damn....[]

You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]

I hear you...

[/quote]

lol....this is EXACTLY what I go through!!!!

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="GameTime"]

I hear you...

[/quote]

YEAH, AGREED! I was PISSED off when I had to hear about Joe Paterno on Monday and Posada on Wednesday, and the Knicks sucking.

After they beat Dallas, I believed. After they dominated the Falcs, I REALLY believed that we could do it -- that we would actually shock the Pack and then beat SF. Honestly just no doubt in my mind after we crushed the Falcs. And I have no doubt that we're going to be NE as well. We're finally playing up to the level of our talent.

And yes, it's sunk in for me and I'm enjoying the ride.

[/quote]

I made the exception with Jorge though......[B]

No, I agree, I'm kind of shellshocked... More than in 2007. It's like a dream. It hasn't hit home yet. It probably won't until a month after it's all over.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells