+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who would you rather have in the slot- Victor Cruz or Wes Welker?

How crazy is it that this is a legit question?

I'd go with Cruz because of age, big play ability and upside.

Thoughts?

Re: Who would you rather have in the slot- Victor Cruz or Wes Welker?

agreed. cruz seems like a much bigger big play threat. tho u cant go wrong with either really.

and welker seems to have a bit more shiftiness to his play although both have crazy good footwork.

cruz is the new school welker imo.

Two completely different players. I think it's unanimous in terms of who you'd prefer in skillset, but let's just hope that Cruz has the annual consistency of Welker.

Veteran

Cruz is a Wide Receiver. Welker is a slot receiver. 2 dimensional vs 1 dimensional. Its and easy answer to any unbiased person.

I'll take the undrafted one :P
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Honestly I would compare Welker to what we had in Steve Smith. He's a chain mover. He makes plays when they are needed and gets the yards u need. Cruz does this too. But what cruz brings that neither Welker or smith does is the big play ability and after the catch yardage.

I'm taking cruz all day

Here is a good way to judge WRs:

Wes Welker gets only 12.9 yards per catch and has 6.2 yards per YAC..... He is mostly getting like around 6 yard passes, short crossing routes or quick screen passes and turning up. He really isn't a big play WR at all. I know Brady is a dink and dunker but Welker is the king of dink and dunking WRs.

Victor Cruz gets a very high 18.7 yards per catch and has 7.4 yards per YAC..... He can take a short route, break a tackle and go for big yards and he could also go 40 yards deep and make a diving catch. Much better well rounder receiver. And it helps to be 3 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier than Welker.

No offense to Welker; he is a fine receiver. But I choose CRUZ.

Can we have both? [:P]

Both are fantastic players, can't go wrong with either one. Welker has been fantastic for many years, and to still play like he is playing after his knee injury just shows you how tough the kid is.