+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitch Petrus

Veteran

Mitch Petrus

4 games with Petrus starting or playing most of the game and Boothe at center:

105.75 YPG rushing
    5 sacks allowed by OL

12 games with Baas at center:

83.6 YPG rushing
    23 sacks allowed by OL

Postseason (mostly Baas):

117 YPG rushing (much better, mostly due to ATL game)
    8 sacks allowed by OL (not good)

Re: Mitch Petrus

Matt mite have to play to keep Wilfork off of ELI

[quote user="jhamburg"]4 games with Petrus starting or playing most of the game and Boothe at center: 105.75 YPG rushing 5 sacks allowed by OL 12 games with Baas at center: 83.6 YPG rushing 23 sacks allowed by OL Postseason (mostly Baas): 117 YPG rushing (much better, mostly due to ATL game) 8 sacks allowed by OL (not good)[/quote]Statistics alone don't work here. We need to know the oponents on the days Petrus was inas well as who was playing oposite them that day. Then you need to do the same for Baas in order to get to the meat of the issue. You aslo need to factor in the playing surface and weather. You may be on to something but right now it's just a bunch of numbers.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="jhamburg"]4 games with Petrus starting or playing most of the game and Boothe at center: 105.75 YPG rushing 5 sacks allowed by OL 12 games with Baas at center: 83.6 YPG rushing 23 sacks allowed by OL Postseason (mostly Baas): 117 YPG rushing (much better, mostly due to ATL game) 8 sacks allowed by OL (not good)[/quote]Statistics alone don't work here. We need to know the oponents on the days Petrus was in*as well as who was playing oposite them that day. Then you need to do the same for Baas in order to get to the meat of the issue. You aslo need to factor in the playing surface and weather. You may be on to something but right now it's just a bunch of numbers.[/quote]

My personal feeling from watching the game is that Petrus handled defenders much better than Baas. These numbers don't stand on their own but they only reinforce what a lot of us were already seeing.

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="jhamburg"]4 games with Petrus starting or playing most of the game and Boothe at center: 105.75 YPG rushing 5 sacks allowed by OL 12 games with Baas at center: 83.6 YPG rushing 23 sacks allowed by OL Postseason (mostly Baas): 117 YPG rushing (much better, mostly due to ATL game) 8 sacks allowed by OL (not good)[/quote]Statistics alone don't work here. We need to know the oponents on the days Petrus was in*as well as who was playing oposite them that day. Then you need to do the same for Baas in order to get to the meat of the issue. You aslo need to factor in the playing surface and weather. You may be on to something but right now it's just a bunch of numbers.[/quote]From what Ive read Baas graded out as the Giants worst Olineman this year and Boothe as its best

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="jomo"][quote user="jhamburg"]4 games with Petrus starting or playing most of the game and Boothe at center: 105.75 YPG rushing 5 sacks allowed by OL 12 games with Baas at center: 83.6 YPG rushing 23 sacks allowed by OL Postseason (mostly Baas): 117 YPG rushing (much better, mostly due to ATL game) 8 sacks allowed by OL (not good)[/quote]Statistics alone don't work here. We need to know the oponents on the days Petrus was inas well as who was playing oposite them that day. Then you need to do the same for Baas in order to get to the meat of the issue. You aslo need to factor in the playing surface and weather. You may be on to something but right now it's just a bunch of numbers.[/quote] My personal feeling from watching the game is that Petrus handled defenders much better than Baas. These numbers don't stand on their own but they only reinforce what a lot of us were already seeing.[/quote]I'm good with your opinion standing on its own, justnot crazy aboutusing stats so loosely. There's too much of that here. It's like, if you want to use a whole season's stats, there are about 12 teams that will beat us next Sunday. If you want to use the last 4 games however....................[B] Go Blue!!

I agree that the line plays much better with Booth at center and Petrus at Guard. However because of the amount of money your paying Baas. You have to play him.

[quote user="Bones911"]I agree that the line plays much better with Booth at center and Petrus at Guard. However because of the amount of money your paying Baas. You have to play him.[/quote]That one I reject. This is a meritocracy and we are in the business of winning football games. Playing a guy because of his contract is how GM's and Head Coaches lose their jobs. Even though I scratch my head about Baas starting, I don't believe it is because of money.

with baas, the run game sucks but we've for the most part done well pass protecting.

with petrus playing, the run game does well, but for the most part, the pass game takes a hit.

i dont think we should play petrus just bc baas is sucking. too many times can i remember petrus getting full out pushed right back into eli and the pocket collapsing.

theres a ton of factors that go into it, but i think the best way to go about this is baas just flat out manning up and playing well. this offseason i'd hope petrus gets a ton of coaching and next year will be his year.

baas has stunk for a majority of the season, but dont forget, we did get to the super bowl with him. to change that up now wouldnt make sense. finish out the year doing what we've been doing. i am very confident we're going to win the super bowl. we can figure all this OL stuff the offseason.

i expect there to be some changes along the ol. not just baas either.

Veteran

[quote user="Bones911"]I agree that the line plays much better with Booth at center and Petrus at Guard. However because of the amount of money your paying Baas. You have to play him.[/quote]

[link]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_costs[/link]