+ Reply to Thread

Super Bowl let down

It's just me but it's harder to really hate the AFC opponent in the Super Bowl. I spend all year hating the teams in the division and then towards the second half of the season wondering how NFC playoff teams will stack up against the Giants. It was easy to hate the Falcons, 3 years w/o a playoff game then a home game.
    Hated the Packers as the game during the season really burned me up.
    Hated the 49ers- same as Packers but a little more due to the last second mugging of Ballard.
    Now the AFC team waltzes into the Super Bowl, no matter who they are it's just so much harder to despise them. The 2007 Patriots, that was pretty easy, remember Seau celebrating with 4 minutes left. Oh yeah, bring it on.
    Imagine if the Bengals or Texans made it to the SB? Wow,who are they?
    Sure the Giants need to beat them but it's just not the same satisfaction. Beating the Eagles in the SB, now that would be terrific.

Re: Super Bowl let down

you don't have to hate them.
    just steal their lunch money and send them home cryin'.
    nothin' personal.......just a buisness decision.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

Re: Super Bowl let down

[quote user="chuckedafter5yards"]It's just me but it's harder to really hate the AFC opponent in the Super Bowl. I spend all year hating the teams in the division and then towards the second half of the season wondering how NFC playoff teams will stack up against the Giants. It was easy to hate the Falcons, 3 years w/o a playoff game then a home game.
    Hated the Packers as the game during the season really burned me up.
    Hated the 49ers- same as Packers but a little more due to the last second mugging of Ballard.
    Now the AFC team waltzes into the Super Bowl, no matter who they are it's just so much harder to despise them. The 2007 Patriots, that was pretty easy, remember Seau celebrating with 4 minutes left. Oh yeah, bring it on.
    Imagine if the Bengals or Texans made it to the SB? Wow,who are they?
    Sure the Giants need to beat them but it's just not the same satisfaction. Beating the Eagles in the SB, now that would be terrific.[/quote]
    Don't think we will have a problem in that department
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***