+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not Going to be Easy

I want us to be confident, but I just hope we stay humble. No matter what anybody on TV says, the Patriots are never an easy team to beat. We should never be scared of them, but we must remember that the Patriots are like a team of Robot Droid Machines playing football--it seems like they make very few errors. We must prepare mentally and physically for these genius Robot Droids (also known as the Patriots). Hopefully, our Old School New York Giants will whup up on the New England Patriots again.

Re: Not Going to be Easy

Certainly going to be a hard fought battle. Unlike some people I am happy for the 2 weeks between these games. I think it gives Coughlin a chance to humble and refocus this team on the task at hand as well as let some of our players heal up. That NFCCG was rough and quite a few of our players took a beating.

I couldn't believe when Steve Sommers on WFAN tonight said that he thought that the Pats were going to be easier than the Falcs. I like Sommers and he was giving his honest opinion, but a Pats team would NEVER go down like that. Never have, never will.

I'm very confident about this game, but not ****y and dismissive of the Pats. Really, with a bad break here or there this could be a rout in the Pats favor.

But as long as the Giants play up to the level of their own talent, and that of the Pats, I believe we will prevail. I 100% do not think that the Giant players are getting ****y about the SB, and TC and the veterans won't let them.

All-Pro

[quote user="JJC7301"]I couldn't believe when Steve Sommers on WFAN tonight said that he thought that the Pats were going to be easier than the Falcs. I like Sommers and he was giving his honest opinion, but a Pats team would NEVER go down like that. Never have, never will.

I'm very confident about this game, but not ****y and dismissive of the Pats. Really, with a bad break here or there this could be a rout in the Pats favor.

But as long as the Giants play up to the level of their own talent, and that of the Pats, I believe we will prevail. I 100% do not think that the Giant players are getting ****y about the SB, and TC and the veterans won't let them.[/quote]
    I say we whack them 38-17
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="JJC7301"]I couldn't believe when Steve Sommers on WFAN tonight said that he thought that the Pats were going to be easier than the Falcs. I like Sommers and he was giving his honest opinion, but a Pats team would NEVER go down like that. Never have, never will.

But as long as the Giants play up to the level of their own talent, and that of the Pats, I believe we will prevail. I 100% do not think that the Giant players are getting ****y about the SB, and TC and the veterans won't let them.[/quote]
    I say we whack them 38-17[/quote]
    I agree with you, miked, but with a team led by BB and TB, you never know. But I really like our chances.

I believe nthat the toughest games are behind us but this next onbe is going to be a douzzy. The Pats like us have consistently gotten better as the playoffs go on. This Super Bowl may just beat S.B.XLII as the best one yet... Of course we win>>>

[quote user="bearbryant"]I believe nthat the toughest games are behind us but this next onbe is going to be a douzzy. The Pats like us have consistently gotten better as the playoffs go on. This Super Bowl may just beat S.B.XLII as the best one yet... Of course we win>>>[/quote]
    Never because SB 42 just can't be beat.

Beating an 18-0, 3-time SB champs, with a HOF QB and HC, highest scoring offense of all time, and an underrated D filled with SB veterans...as a 10-point underdog? And with the Eli-Tyree play? And I'm not saying this as a homer, but it just cannot be beat.

[quote user="JJC7301"]I couldn't believe when Steve Sommers on WFAN tonight said that he thought that the Pats were going to be easier than the Falcs. I like Sommers and he was giving his honest opinion, but a Pats team would NEVER go down like that. Never have, never will.

I agree with you that we must play a very good game, and not be dismissive. I haven't noticed any of the players being dismissive at all. But, I think there might be a few (but not many) people who may be thinking this will be an easy game. I think it will be our hardest game of all! But, I still am picking us to win!

Honestly, I think GB was a better team than NE. If our players play like they did vs. GB, I think we will shut Brady down.
    Do not feed the trolls.

There's no such thing as an easy game.

Ringing in the 2012 season!