+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is the Giants' biggest concern going into the Superbowl game?

What is the Giants' biggest concern going into the Superbowl game?

Blocking. In the Giants' victory over the 49ers, Manning was sacked six times, hurried 11 times and knocked down 19 times in 64 dropbacks. Giants coach Tom Coughlin has done a great job of patching the offensive line, and you knew there were going to have problems against the 49ers' tough front seven. Manning wasn't sacked in the first Patriots game but he was hit eight times. The Giants will have to control <FONT color=#225fb2>Mark Anderson</FONT>, who is the Patriots' top remaining pass-rushing defensive end. He had 10 sacks during the regular season. They will have problems handling Wilfork, whom the Ravens couldn't control. To have success, the Giants might have to pound big running back <FONT color=#225fb2>Brandon Jacobs</FONT> into the line to wear down the Patriots, who run a 4-3. </P>

All-Pro

Re: What is the Giants' biggest concern going into the Superbowl game?

[quote user="running girl"]

*Blocking. In the Giants' victory over the 49ers, Manning was sacked six times, hurried 11 times and knocked down 19 times in 64 dropbacks. Giants coach Tom Coughlin has done a great job of patching the offensive line, and you knew there were going to have problems against the 49ers' tough front seven. Manning wasn't sacked in the first Patriots game but he was hit eight times. The Giants will have to control <FONT color=#225fb2>Mark Anderson</FONT>, who is the Patriots' top remaining pass-rushing defensive end. He had 10 sacks during the regular season. They will* have problems handling Wilfork, whom the Ravens couldn't control. To have success, the Giants might have to pound big running back <FONT color=#225fb2>Brandon Jacobs</FONT> into the line to wear down the Patriots, who run a 4-3. </P>[/quote]
    Troll?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="running girl"]

Blocking. In the Giants' victory over the 49ers, Manning was sacked six times, hurried 11 times and knocked down 19 times in 64 dropbacks. Giants coach Tom Coughlin has done a great job of patching the offensive line, and you knew there were going to have problems against the 49ers' tough front seven. Manning wasn't sacked in the first Patriots game but he was hit eight times. The Giants will have to control <font color="#225fb2">Mark Anderson</font>, who is the Patriots' top remaining pass-rushing defensive end. He had 10 sacks during the regular season. They will have problems handling Wilfork, whom the Ravens couldn't control. To have success, the Giants might have to pound big running back <font color="#225fb2">Brandon Jacobs</font> into the line to wear down the Patriots, who run a 4-3. </p>[/quote]
    Troll?[/quote]

Not so sure. Seemed like a fair assessment.

I don't think the Giants will have a tough time blocking the Pats pass rush, although it's stronger than it seems.

Really, I think the Giants win this game because Gronkowski isn't going to be Gronk. It would be a close battle with him, but without him, the Pats have a tall task at hand.

The Patriots just don't have the threats on the edges in the passing game. To challenge the Giants secondary-- if anyone has been paying attention, it's not very hard to burn the Giants on the sidelines. However, the Patriots lack the ability to do so because of a lack of true wideout. What they do best is attacking the center of the field, which seems to be a strength of the Giants D with Chase Blackburn stepping up as well as the safeties.

Except for, maybe Chad Johnson (I refuse to call him 8-5 in spanish). They have a pretty good coaching staff, and I think if they live up to their potential, they'll exploit this Giants defense's weakness with a player that has under-achieved for much of this season. They can't play the same game as the first matchup and expect to win, and I think their coaching staff is good enough to know that and do something about it.

Otherwise the Giants have the clear edge, having the obviously stronger defense that has been proven to stop immobile quarterbacks such as Tom Brady.

All-Pro

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="running girl"]

Blocking. In the Giants' victory over the 49ers, Manning was sacked six times, hurried 11 times and knocked down 19 times in 64 dropbacks. Giants coach Tom Coughlin has done a great job of patching the offensive line, and you knew there were going to have problems against the 49ers' tough front seven. Manning wasn't sacked in the first Patriots game but he was hit eight times. The Giants will have to control <FONT color=#225fb2>Mark Anderson</FONT>, who is the Patriots' top remaining pass-rushing defensive end. He had 10 sacks during the regular season. They will have problems handling Wilfork, whom the Ravens couldn't control. To have success, the Giants might have to pound big running back <FONT color=#225fb2>Brandon Jacobs</FONT> into the line to wear down the Patriots, who run a 4-3. </P>

[/quote] Troll?[/quote]

I don't think the Giants will have a tough time blocking the Pats pass rush, although it's stronger than it seems.

Really, I think the Giants win this game because Gronkowski isn't going to be Gronk. It would be a close battle with him, but without him, the Pats have a tall task at hand.

The Patriots just don't have the threats on the edges in the passing game. To challenge the Giants secondary-- if anyone has been paying attention, it's not very hard to burn the Giants on the sidelines. However, the Patriots lack the ability to do so because of a lack of true wideout. What they do best is attacking the center of the field, which seems to be a strength of the Giants D with Chase Blackburn stepping up as well as the safeties.

Except for, maybe Chad Johnson (I refuse to call him 8-5 in spanish). They have a pretty good coaching staff, and I think if they live up to their potential, they'll exploit this Giants defense's weakness with a player that has under-achieved for much of this season. They can't play the same game as the first matchup and expect to win, and I think their coaching staff is good enough to know that and do something about it.

Otherwise the Giants have the clear edge, having the obviously stronger defense that has been proven to stop immobile quarterbacks such as Tom Brady.

[/quote]</P>

Sorry about that.. Had to ask her. We have been overrun with TONS of people signing up for the boards in past week. Lots of them posing as Giants fans just to stir the pot. Alot going back and bring up 2month old posts. Then you have to figure which ones are true giants fans just trying to get on Board or whatever.</P>

The Oline has been a problem most of the season with 2-3 key guys always out and alot of switching around especially at Center which is not good. With that said, it is what makes what Eli has done this year all the more amazing cause he no longer has the Great Oline and Running game to fall back on like he has had in the past. So he is pretty much saying I am going to beat you through the air even though you know its coming and you still cant stop it. Its like Rocky getting knocked down and the opponent gets frustrated saying,,"He wont Stay down" or in the Terminator Movie.. How he continues to pursue until he KILLS the competetion and the saying goes "He wont stop until you are Dead, because that what he does, thats what he always does".... lol</P>

Anyway. 1 problem could be the Shoulder Injury Nicks got during the CG. Some said it popped out. he came back in after that but was not much more then a decoy. He has missed practice due to it this week.
    Gronk will play.... and i think he will be effective</P>
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran

Mark Anderson, oh noes!

Veteran

Eli has moved around in the pocket so well this year, it really does not matter if the pats get a bunch of hits and even a couple sacks. The next play, Eli will hook up with someone for 18. The only way we would lose this game, is if the Pats can bring the same pressure the niners did, and that is not happening. Yes, I'm sleeping on that pats some because we just had our toughest game by far of the season and we did pretty good.

Bench Player

[quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="running girl"]

[/quote] Troll?[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

</P>

I believe that Chad Ochocinco will be used to exploit the weaknesses of the New York Giants, with him still possessing all the tools neccesary to once again become a force. Not only that, but the unoticed Deion Branch who goes uncovered alot will have his fair share as well. Lets not forget how Aaron Hernandez can take over a game, and Wes Welker who may seem like he is always in triple coverage still for the most part gets open. Not only that, but Rob will be at least 75 to 80% in my opinion by game time which even that is enough for most teams. And what do you call Wes Welker, he is a true wideout and league receiving leader.... Julian Edelman is no slouch in the slot as well, and both Danny Woodhead, Kevin Faulk and BenJarvus Green-Ellis can beat you underneath if they are not running the ball all over you.</P>

Defensively Mark Anderson has been a nightmare for teams, and Rob Ninkovich is super-Mike Vrabel .. Vince Wilfork takes over games, while Brandon Spikes and Jerod Mayo man the middle well. Also, don't forget that Devin McCourty is very good at safety and Patrick Chung looks back to playing extra solid again.. tall task for New York if you ask me.</P>

Bench Player

The Giants have been up to some tall tasks throughout the play-offs.

They are used to that.

I`d say the Giants need to worry about turnovers and costly penalties more than anything else.

[quote user="Intellect"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="running girl"]

*Blocking. In the Giants' victory over the 49ers, Manning was sacked six times, hurried 11 times and knocked down 19 times in 64 dropbacks. Giants coach Tom Coughlin has done a great job of patching the offensive line, and you knew there were going to have problems against the 49ers' tough front seven. Manning wasn't sacked in the first Patriots game but he was hit eight times. The Giants will have to control <FONT color=#225fb2>Mark Anderson</FONT>, who is the Patriots' top remaining pass-rushing defensive end. He had 10 sacks during the regular season. They will* have problems handling Wilfork, whom the Ravens couldn't control. To have success, the Giants might have to pound big running back <FONT color=#225fb2>Brandon Jacobs</FONT> into the line to wear down the Patriots, who run a 4-3. </P>

[/quote] Troll?[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

*</P>

I believe that Chad Ochocinco will be used to exploit the weaknesses of the New York Giants, with him still possessing all the tools neccesary to once again become a force.* Not only that, but the unoticed Deion Branch who goes uncovered alot will have his fair share as well.* Lets not forget how Aaron Hernandez can take over a game, and Wes Welker who may seem like he is always in triple coverage still for the most part gets open.* Not only that, but Rob will be at least 75 to 80% in my opinion by game time which even that is enough for most teams.* And what do you call Wes Welker, he is a true wideout and league receiving leader.... Julian Edelman is no slouch in the slot as well, and both Danny Woodhead, Kevin Faulk and BenJarvus Green-Ellis can beat you underneath if they are not running the ball all over you.*</P>

Defensively Mark Anderson has been a nightmare for teams, and Rob Ninkovich is super-Mike Vrabel .. Vince Wilfork takes over games, while Brandon Spikes and Jerod Mayo man the middle well.* Also, don't forget that Devin McCourty is very good at safety and Patrick Chung looks back to playing extra solid again.. tall task for New York if you ask me.</P>[/quote]

Rob Ninkovich is super Mike Vrabel? Chad Johnson can exploit us? Good god you ****ing suck at being troll. Get lost because none of the **** you say is with facts.

[quote user="PhilaGiant83"][quote user="Intellect"][quote user="Ntegrase96"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="running girl"]

Blocking. In the Giants' victory over the 49ers, Manning was sacked six times, hurried 11 times and knocked down 19 times in 64 dropbacks. Giants coach Tom Coughlin has done a great job of patching the offensive line, and you knew there were going to have problems against the 49ers' tough front seven. Manning wasn't sacked in the first Patriots game but he was hit eight times. The Giants will have to control <font color="#225fb2">Mark Anderson</font>, who is the Patriots' top remaining pass-rushing defensive end. He had 10 sacks during the regular season. They will have problems handling Wilfork, whom the Ravens couldn't control. To have success, the Giants might have to pound big running back <font color="#225fb2">Brandon Jacobs</font> into the line to wear down the Patriots, who run a 4-3. </p>

[/quote] Troll?[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

</p>

I believe that Chad Ochocinco will be used to exploit the weaknesses of the New York Giants, with him still possessing all the tools neccesary to once again become a force. Not only that, but the unoticed Deion Branch who goes uncovered alot will have his fair share as well. Lets not forget how Aaron Hernandez can take over a game, and Wes Welker who may seem like he is always in triple coverage still for the most part gets open. Not only that, but Rob will be at least 75 to 80% in my opinion by game time which even that is enough for most teams. And what do you call Wes Welker, he is a true wideout and league receiving leader.... Julian Edelman is no slouch in the slot as well, and both Danny Woodhead, Kevin Faulk and BenJarvus Green-Ellis can beat you underneath if they are not running the ball all over you.</p>

Defensively Mark Anderson has been a nightmare for teams, and Rob Ninkovich is super-Mike Vrabel .. Vince Wilfork takes over games, while Brandon Spikes and Jerod Mayo man the middle well. Also, don't forget that Devin McCourty is very good at safety and Patrick Chung looks back to playing extra solid again.. tall task for New York if you ask me.</p>[/quote]

Rob Ninkovich is super Mike Vrabel? Chad Johnson can exploit us? Good god you ****ing suck at being troll. Get lost because none of the **** you say is with facts.[/quote]

I don't think the Chad Johnson thing is too far fetched. He could be a matchup problem down the sidelines where the Giants pass defense is vulnerable/inconsistent. During the last two games there have been receivers running down the sideline freely. If not for the Osi strip sack, Rodgers connects with Jennings to who was wide open down the sideline. Vernon Davis first TD. The coverage has been good, but not great. It's probably been the weak point of the Giants' strong defense the last two games.

And since Chad Johnson seems to be their only true wideout who absolutely could exploit that weakness (should he and Brady ever be on the same page), it's not too far out of the question to be considered. Especially since the league has been lulled to sleep on Johnson's abilities. He's not where he used to be but he's capable.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...-33-yd-pass-TD

Just a thought.

+ Reply to Thread