+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-Pro

Just saw a Still photo in SI of winning kick in CG

Now this may have already been discussed elsewhere but i didn't see anything on it.

Looking at that still photo I just noticed something I didn't see in during the game, on videos or pics.

How could I miss it? A 6'7, 317 pound monster wearing number 99 right there in the middle of the picture.

Chris Canty was in to block on the winning FG play.

Maybe this is something common but I have never heard if it before this. Maybe he just wanted a huge body in there. Or is he always in on STs kicks.

I saw number 70 Uhoh there to
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: Just saw a Still photo in SI of winning kick in CG

Canty is always in there. Well I notice him a lot.

All-Pro

[quote user="gmen0820"]Canty is always in there. Well I notice him a lot.[/quote]
    Okay. Then I just haven't been paying that much attention.

Do they use him to try and block field goal tries to, seeing he is so tall?

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="gmen0820"]Canty is always in there. Well I notice him a lot.[/quote]

yeah i've been noticing that for a while, but I dont know if he's always done that. i think that may have been a move similar to using the DL on FG block formations.

Has Canty always done this for us or is it something just new to this season?

I saw Weatherford wears his wedding ring during the game. Thought that was pretty rare...perhaps not but I can't say Ive really seen it before.

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="gmen0820"]Canty is always in there. Well I notice him a lot.[/quote]
    Okay. Then I just haven't been paying that much attention.

Do they use him to try and block field goal tries to, seeing he is so tall?[/quote]

yeah they do, they made an adjustment going back a lil before the first dallas game where JPP got that FG block. i think Quinn our ST coach and Coughlin realized that we have the guys with the size and ability to penetrate blocking and they put 1+1 together. I actually expect to see more teams do this. U'd think everyteam would do this all the time, but usually ur starting players dont do ST as a means to preserve some energy and duty. But its been successful for us.

Also, know what I noticed immediately during the FG kick itself? The AMAZING job weatherford did in holding that snap. It was a very poor snap that honestly could have ended up like 2002. I really marvel at how close that kick was to failing. Weatherford barely got the snap setup. that signing of weatherford paid for itself with that one hold.

really go back and look at that snap, really just an amazing job. the snap was short and low, and weatherford somehow got it setup a moment before tynes arrived to kick it. a milisecond different and that kick looks like cundiffs from the AFC CG

All-Pro

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="gmen0820"]Canty is always in there. Well I notice him a lot.[/quote]

yeah i've been noticing that for a while, but I dont know if he's always done that. i think that may have been a move similar to using the DL on FG block formations.

Has Canty always done this for us or is it something just new to this season?[/quote]Yea I noticed they used JPP in fg block situations. Especially on the crucial one vs Dallas.

But do we use the whole DLine? Canty, tuck, Osi? On blocks to

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="gmen0820"]Canty is always in there. Well I notice him a lot.[/quote]

Has Canty always done this for us or is it something just new to this season?[/quote]Yea I noticed they used JPP in fg block situations. Especially on the crucial one vs Dallas.

But do we use the whole DLine? Canty, tuck, Osi? On blocks to[/quote]

yeah on blocks we do. even punt blocks. although im not sure if every DL is in there. i do know most of em are and kiwi is too.

but on protection we dont use the entire DL and really not even many of them. i know canty is one of them i think he may be the only one. not sure.

All-Pro

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="gmen0820"]Canty is always in there. Well I notice him a lot.[/quote]

yeah on blocks we do. even punt blocks. although im not sure if every DL is in there. i do know most of em are and kiwi is too.

but on protection we dont use the entire DL and really not even many of them. i know canty is one of them i think he may be the only one. not sure.[/quote]
    I just always figured it was the Oline that did the blocking..but this makes sense

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="miked1958"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="gmen0820"]Canty is always in there. Well I notice him a lot.[/quote]

but on protection we dont use the entire DL and really not even many of them. i know canty is one of them i think he may be the only one. not sure.[/quote]
    I just always figured it was the Oline that did the blocking..but this makes sense[/quote]

we do use the entire OL for blocking but add big bodies if available.