+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Think Pats will go 'no huddle'??

Read this article in The Post today (sorry, I don't have the option to link)

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...tqi1ZAXnfp5zEI

Osi and Tuck talking about how they're not going to get away with sacking, hurrying, knocking down, etc, Brady like they did in SB 42. That BB is going to most likely build a wall around Brady and use short, quick passes to slow down the pass rush. But....do you think that they may adopt intervals of 'no huddle' to keep the Giants defense off?

I have faith that my team is preparing in every phase possible, but I do not discount BB's genius that he's going to do whatever it is possible to win - even if it means maybe changing up his offense to one the Giants have not yet seen nor could study in order to get an advantage on them

Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?

Re: Think Pats will go 'no huddle'??

I am sure they will do no huddle. It keeps the Giants from subbing and keeping there d-line fresh.

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"]Read this article in The Post today (sorry, I don't have the option to link)

Osi and Tuck talking about how they're not going to get away with sacking, hurrying, knocking down, etc, Brady like they did in SB 42. That BB is going to most likely build a wall around Brady and use short, quick passes to slow down the pass rush. But....do you think that they may adopt intervals of 'no huddle' to keep the Giants defense off?

I have faith that my team is preparing in every phase possible, but I do not discount BB's genius that he's going to do whatever it is possible to win - even if it means maybe changing up his offense to one the Giants have not yet seen nor could study in order to get an advantage on them

Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?[/quote]

im worried before every game because you never know what can happen on any given sunday. but we overcame so much. injuries. 15-1 packers at home. 49ers at home in muddy conditions. if we could overcome and do what we did this season im pretty sure we can handle what the pats throw at us. we just have to continue playing hard.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

All-Pro

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"]Read this article in The Post today (sorry, I don't have the option to link)

Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?[/quote]Not really worried, let the have the quick underneath stuff.. The old bend but don't break defence vs Buffalo comes to mind.. while there dinking and dunking Eli will be burying them early with quick scores..

All-Pro

I know it's not what they do but I wouldn't mind seeing the Giants running the no huddle once in a while.

I think the Giants defense will see the no huddle. Can they handle it? I think so.

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="CTLadyBlue"]Read this article in The Post today (sorry, I don't have the option to link)

Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?[/quote]Not really worried, let the have the quick underneath stuff.. The old bend but don't break defence vs Buffalo comes to mind..[/quote]

Yeah, but the Giants were prepared for Buffalo's no huddle as they used it most of the season. If the Pats throw it in there, it will be a complete surprise.

But I do like the idea of the Giants going no huddle for a few series - if only to throw off Wilfork

My main worry prior to this game, is that Bellichek and Brady have been ACHING for this game for 4 years.

I have no idea what they come with, no huddle certainly will show up IMHO, but we have to be ready for anything.

Those two will prep for this game with an unmatched intensity and focus, even by their standards.

All-Pro

[quote user="Marvelousmik"][quote user="CTLadyBlue"]Read this article in The Post today (sorry, I don't have the option to link) http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...tqi1ZAXnfp5zEI Osi and Tuck talking about how they're not going to get away with sacking, hurrying, knocking down, etc, Brady like they did in SB 42. That BB is going to most likely build a wall around Brady and use short, quick passes to slow down the pass rush. But....do you think that they may adopt intervals of 'no huddle' to keep the Giants defense off? I have faith that my team is preparing in every phase possible, but I do not discount BB's genius that he's going to do whatever it is possible to win - even if it means maybe changing up his offense to one the Giants have not yet seen nor could study in order to get an advantage on them Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?[/quote]

im worried before every game because you never know what can happen on any given sunday. but we overcame so much. injuries. 15-1 packers at home. 49ers at home in muddy conditions. if we could overcome and do what we did this season im pretty sure we can handle what the pats throw at us. we just have to continue playing hard.
    [/quote]

I agree. Other teams have thrown the no huddle at us. We will adept.. I say we overcome

Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Worried? Yes? No? Maybe?[/quote]

As long as they go 3 & out ..they can go NO HUDDLE all day...that's the objective.

[quote user="Kendo15"]

My main worry prior to this game, is that Bellichek and Brady have been ACHING for this game for 4 years.

I have no idea what they come with, no huddle certainly will show up IMHO, but we have to be ready for anything.

Those two will prep for this game with an unmatched intensity and focus, even by their standards.

[/quote]
    There is no doubt that they want this game and have wanted it for a looong time. Specially with us beating them in their home earlier this season just to add fuel to the fire.

However, I don't think for a second that we don't want it badly too. Guys like Tuck and Rolle (no pun intended) will make sure this team is hungry as hell for this.