+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bench Player

ESPN's take on ELI's rank among players

Welcome everyone,
    Long long time reader, first time posting.

I had to share this since I have not seen anyone post yet.
    Eli did not make list of top 100 last year. I say with a SB win he should be in top 10 if not top 5.

New York's Finest QB

Re: ESPN's take on ELI's rank among players

all that doesnt really matter. the top 100 player thing was completely flawed anyways in the voting process.

to me, eli is THE BEST qb the giants could have out of any qb playing. to me, eli is most def. not only a top 5 qb, but player as well. the guts, toughness, determination, and ability to claw and scratch for wins is unmatched.

the players who voted for the top 100 all already know they have egg on their face. no one can deny just how special a player eli is.

i found this stat interesting, it isn't a brady or peyton, a unitas or mariono. its eli;
    Manning is the first quarterback in the Super Bowl era to have three games in one postseason with 275-plus passing yards and more than two touchdowns. He outlasted Aaron Rodgers. Now he tries to outshine all the New York quarterbacks.

Eli may not be "The Best" (I would like to revisit this subject after we no longer have Eli)....but he is the toughest QB in the game.

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Welcome aboard.

[quote user="Gmen DLS"]Welcome everyone,

Eli did not make list of top 100 last year. I say with a SB win he should be in top 10 if not top 5.

New York's Finest QB[/quote]Welcome, Hugh and the host hit it out of the park. Skip and Rob make some points but then nix themselves with some other things they say.

Trent dilfer and Brad Johnson are not in the same breath as nearly all other super bowl winning QBS just read Bill Bilicks recent nfl article. I forgot that the ravens won even when they didn't score in 4 games.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

[quote user="FBomb"]

Eli may not be "The Best" (I would like to revisit this subject after we no longer have Eli)....but he is the toughest QB in the game.

[/quote]

+1

im at the point where when eli gets hit, i dont worry about him getting hurt anymore. im just hoping he doesnt fumble. I feel confident that he will always get back up like a boss. in a perfect world id like it if he doesnt get hit at all though

Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

New York's Finest QB[/quote]

that list also ha dmcnabb on it...

it was a popularity contest of the player not an actual top 100 players in the league
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Gmen DLS"]Welcome everyone, Long long time reader, first time posting. I had to share this since I have not seen anyone post yet. Eli did not make list of top 100 last year. I say with a SB win he should be in top 10 if not top 5. New York's Finest QB[/quote]

that list also ha dmcnabb on it...

it was a popularity contest of the player not an actual top 100 players in the league
    [/quote]

Same players that voted TC the coach they'd least likely want to play for? Geniuses.

New York's Finest QB[/quote]

Dude...why do you even listen to ESPN?
    In the last week alone they have judged Eli harshly as a QB for the following faults:

He gives boring interviews!
    He has failed to do as many commercials as Peyton!
    He has never been on Saturday Night Live!
    His bad body language on the field!
    His body language on the sideline!
    His body language in the postgame interview!

And just this morning:
    Is Eli more likeable than Tom Brady?

I made NONE of that up by the way....those were all actuall debate topics and comments from ESPN First Take!

Yeah, well guess what, ESPN last night said a bunch of married women were interviewed and if they could have an affair with either Brady, or Eli, ......
    you got it
    The majority said ELI.........woo hooo
    boyish good looks....damn......sounds like i'm still on the 49ers board.......
    I miss Red Hook!