+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Janoris Jenkins (CB)?

Janoris Jenkins (CB)?

If JJ falls to us due to character issues, does Reese take a chance on him?

Definite 1st round talent ... arrests on his record and kicked out of his first school (Florida?).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Veteran

Re: Janoris Jenkins (CB)?

Based on talent, absolutely.

That being said, I'm not sure I want him in NY.

Not only has he had trouble with the law, but he also hasn't learned from his mistakes. Giving a kid money isn't going to make him behave any better. Likewise, giving a kid money who doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and then putting him in a situation rife with temptation and a rabid media to boot... that's a major concern for me.

[quote user="Raptor22"]Based on talent, absolutely.

Not only has he had trouble with the law, but he also hasn't learned from his mistakes. Giving a kid money isn't going to make him behave any better. Likewise, giving a kid money who doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes and then putting him in a situation rife with temptation and a rabid media to boot... that's a major concern for me.
    [/quote]

Yeah I would tend to agree.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Veteran

[quote user="Raptor22"]Based on talent, absolutely.

[/quote]

I'd have to agree with this

Veteran

awesome prospect but way too much risk for the first round. I think the bust rate for the 1st is around 50% so I want as sure of a thing as possible.

I loved him at Florida. Didn't watch much of him this year.

Arrested in May, 2009 for his role in a fight. Was tasered and originally charged with affray and resisting arrest without violence, both misdemeanors. The affray charge was later dropped. Was arrested twice in the span of four months following the 2010 season for marijuana possession. His second arrest prompted new Florida head coach Will Muschamp to kick him off the team, leading to Jenkins' transfer to North Alabama.
    I don't think any trangression is that big of a deal, but collectively raises a question mark about his indifference. Who knows though. He may interview rather well.

All-Pro

He's under 5'10''. Too small.

Yea, I tend to agree. He does have long arms, but he doesnt really have the length (or weight for that matter) that the giants typically look for.

[quote user="lawl"]

He's under 5'10''. Too small.

[/quote]
    So is Rhonde Barber...

+ Reply to Thread