+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Janoris Jenkins (CB)?

I just dont think you are discounting for his horrible character issues.

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="lawl"]

He's under 5'10''. Too small.

[/quote]
    So is Rhonde Barber...[/quote]Go tell Asante Samuel he's too small. I really believe in Janoris Jenkins & think he will excel in the NFL.
    [/quote]To small for the Giants he means not to small for the NFL.The Giants are the tallest NFL team on Defense and its not an accident

The Giants are on the average 6' 3 1/2
    while the league average is 6' 1 1/2[/quote]We're talking about cornerbacks here, not the Giants team as a whole. Jenoris Jenkins is the topic of the thread & I'm just trying to point out that even though Jenkins may be a little undersized at 5"10, 190 lbs, it's not by much. By pro standards, big corners are best described as cornerbacks who measure in at 5-foot-11 or higher. I realize the Giants like bigger size safeties, but since Jerry Reese has been in office, he has drafted a couple of CB's who were under 6"0. He drafted DeAndre Wright who was 5"11, and drafted Stoney Woodson who was 5'10. Reese also picked up RW McQuarters (5"10), Kevin Dockery (5"8), & Sam Madison (5"11) through free agency. CB Bruce Johnson (undrafted FA) is another guy who JR had signed. Janoris Jenkins may not even be on the Giants radar, but if he is by some chance still there at 32 overall it would be a steal IMO.
    [/quote] I got know problem taking Janoris Jenkins in RD 1 as he was a guy i loved last yr and he did a great job against top WR's who will or are making living on Sundays( Jeffery/ Julio Jones/ Aj Green) but there is another CB who i like even more who i think is a 1st rd talent and the 2nd best CB in this draft that will probably definetly be there even if Jenkins isn't and thats Casey Hayward of Vanderbilt.. The guys got great technique and is above averege against the run(giants will like) and also displays outstanding ball skills and instincts.. Hes a complete CB with a great Head on his shoulders and i think he fits the giants mold of CB very well..

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Here is a few guys I think they will target

Mike Adams OT Ohio State

George Ilokka Boise State S

Fletcher Cox DT Miss St

Lamar Miller RB Miami

Coby Fleener TE Stanford

Cam Johnson DE Virginia

Chase Minnifield CB Virginia

Zebrie Sanders OT FSU

Kendall Reyes DT UConn

Casey Hayward* CB Vanderbilt

Trumaine Johnson CB Montana

Orson Charles TE Georgia

Matt Mcantts OT UAB

Antonio Allen South Carolina S

Dajohn Harris DT USC

Audie Cole LB NC State

Bobby Wagner LB Utah State

Keenan Robinson LB Texas

Ladaruius Green Louisana Lafyette TE

Micah Hyde CB Iowa

Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College

[/quote]** Wow* I agree with a ton of those players u mentioned..* Alot of em*** as u know are some of my Favorite Prospects..** I'd add JEREL WORTHY to that list
    [/quote]I thought he was

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"][quote user="lawl"]

He's under 5'10''. Too small.

[/quote]
    So is Rhonde Barber...[/quote]Go tell Asante Samuel he's too small. I really believe in Janoris Jenkins & think he will excel in the NFL.
    [/quote]To small for the Giants he means not to small for the NFL.The Giants are the tallest NFL team on Defense and its not an accident

The Giants are on the average 6' 3 1/2
    while the league average is 6' 1 1/2[/quote]We're talking about cornerbacks here, not the Giants team as a whole. Jenoris Jenkins is the topic of the thread & I'm just trying to point out that even though Jenkins may be a little undersized at 5"10, 190 lbs, it's not by much. By pro standards, big corners are best described as cornerbacks who measure in at 5-foot-11 or higher. I realize the Giants like bigger size safeties, but since Jerry Reese has been in office, he has drafted a couple of CB's who were under 6"0. He drafted DeAndre Wright who was 5"11, and drafted Stoney Woodson who was 5'10. Reese also picked up RW McQuarters (5"10), Kevin Dockery (5"8), & Sam Madison (5"11) through free agency. CB Bruce Johnson (undrafted FA) is another guy who JR had signed. Janoris Jenkins may not even be on the Giants radar, but if he is by some chance still there at 32 overall it would be a steal IMO.
    [/quote] Big difference in using high draft picks to bringing in min FA's and late round picks who didnt make the team.

Just look at the DB's the Giants have taken early its not an accident they target tall players

[quote user="Spizi"]awesome prospect but way too much risk for the first round. I think the bust rate for the 1st is around 50% so I want as sure of a thing as possible.[/quote]

What are you talking about?

As for Jenkins, I'd think not IMO, not for the Giants anyway. I can see the Pats taking him though. The Giants have Webster, Prince, and Ross, 2 1sts and a 2nd, and then Thomas coming off of IR who's a 2nd himself. I say they go OT or LB or maybe even C if they want to part ways with Baas.

[quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="Spizi"]awesome prospect but way too much risk for the first round. I think the bust rate for the 1st is around 50% so I want as sure of a thing as possible.[/quote]

As for Jenkins, I'd think not IMO, not for the Giants anyway. I can see the Pats taking him though. The Giants have Webster, Prince, and Ross, 2 1sts and a 2nd, and then Thomas coming off of IR who's a 2nd himself. I say they go OT or LB or maybe even C if they want to part ways with Baas.
    [/quote]

Ross and Thomas become free agents in a week. TT is coming off his 2nd injury to the same knee.

Our interest in Jenkins, or any CB for that matter, will depend a great deal on if we bring any of those guys back and if TT's knee is capable of passing a physical.

Veteran

[quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="Spizi"]awesome prospect but way too much risk for the first round. I think the bust rate for the 1st is around 50% so I want as sure of a thing as possible.[/quote]

[/quote]

Charley Casserly was talking about it during the draft last year. The success rate for first rounders is around 50% he said. Idk what he determines as successful and what's not, but that's what he said. Each round gets a progressively worse probability.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="Spizi"]awesome prospect but way too much risk for the first round. I think the bust rate for the 1st is around 50% so I want as sure of a thing as possible.[/quote]

[/quote]

Ross and Thomas become free agents in a week. TT is coming off his 2nd injury to the same knee.

Our interest in Jenkins, or any CB for that matter, will depend a great deal on if we bring any of those guys back and if TT's knee is capable of passing a physical.

[/quote] We shall see if Ross or Thomas doesnt come back I think they have to draft another guy fairly high. U need at least 6 Quality starting DB's these days

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="Spizi"]awesome prospect but way too much risk for the first round. I think the bust rate for the 1st is around 50% so I want as sure of a thing as possible.[/quote]

[/quote]

Charley Casserly was talking about it during the draft last year. The success rate for first rounders is around 50% he said. Idk what he determines as successful and what's not, but that's what he said. Each round gets a progressively worse probability.[/quote]

Who is Charley Casserly? And I can guarentee that isn't true, at least not the average because first of all, "bust" is something that isn't to be thrown around. Was Aaron Ross a "bust"? I hear Giants fans complain about him a lot, but he's still got a future as a corner in this league. He may not be all world but he's here isn't he. So you're right, like you IDK how they determine what that rate is, but its rubbish.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="Spizi"]awesome prospect but way too much risk for the first round. I think the bust rate for the 1st is around 50% so I want as sure of a thing as possible.[/quote]

[/quote]

IMO, you don't need Thomas. Prince has the making of a starting CB, and you already have your main guy in Webster. Ross is alright in a nickel situation so there's that, all you would need is maybe someone like Harris from Oregon, a career nickel/dime guy in the late 4th to solidify the unit. To me your guys' first shouldn't be wasted on a corner, but on a OT or even a LB.

[/quote]