+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Janoris Jenkins (CB)?

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="888888"]Last year's 1st rd. pick Prince (CB) is a little undersized.[/quote]Undersized? He's 6"0, 200 plus lbs. That's ideal size for an NFL CB.
    [/quote]
    He appears to play smaller to me maybe it's those aligator arms. guess I'm wrong, huh?

Veteran

[quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="Spizi"]awesome prospect but way too much risk for the first round. I think the bust rate for the 1st is around 50% so I want as sure of a thing as possible.[/quote]

What are you talking about?

As for Jenkins, I'd think not IMO, not for the Giants anyway. I can see the Pats taking him though. The Giants have Webster, Prince, and Ross, 2 1sts and a 2nd, and then Thomas coming off of IR who's a 2nd himself. I say they go OT or LB or maybe even C if they want to part ways with Baas.
    [/quote]

Charley Casserly was talking about it during the draft last year. The success rate for first rounders is around 50% he said. Idk what he determines as successful and what's not, but that's what he said. Each round gets a progressively worse probability.[/quote]

Who is Charley Casserly? And I can guarentee that isn't true, at least not the average because first of all, "bust" is something that isn't to be thrown around. Was Aaron Ross a "bust"? I hear Giants fans complain about him a lot, but he's still got a future as a corner in this league. He may not be all world but he's here isn't he. So you're right, like you IDK how they determine what that rate is, but its rubbish.
    [/quote]

He was the GM of the Texans. He knows more than you. Maybe if you read my post I said idk what he considers a "bust" but that's what he said. Oh btw the 49ers suck **** hahaha go back to your own forums and talk about drafting a QB because Smith blows.

[quote user="888888"]
    He appears to play smaller to me maybe it's those aligator arms. guess I'm wrong, huh?[/quote]

He has 30" arms.

Same size arms as Jenkins. But Prince has more than 2" height advantage.

[quote user="look@dafilm"]Who is Charley Casserly?[/quote]

You clearly dont belong on these forums.

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="look@dafilm"]Who is Charley Casserly?[/quote]

You clearly dont belong on these forums.[/quote]

Seriously! Not a fan of the Giants and you don't even know who Charley Casserly is?! You obviously don't follow the draft.

Charlie Casserly was actually the GM of the Texans and worked on the Redskins staff back in the 80's but the main point is that the guy does have an eye for talent. We're talking about the same guy who drafted Andre Johnson, DeMeco Ryans, and Owen Daniels. The X mark on his time there would have to be not giving Carr good enough protection. Still, I value his opinions over many other experts.

Veteran

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Charlie Casserly was actually the GM of the Texans and worked on the Redskins staff back in the 80's but the main point is that the guy does have an eye for talent. We're talking about the same guy who drafted Andre Johnson, DeMeco Ryans, and Owen Daniels. The X mark on his time there would have to be not giving Carr good enough protection. Still, I value his opinions over many other experts.[/quote]

Well... Casserly's better than anyone at ESPN, but Mayock eats Casserly's (and everyone else's) lunch.

If the Bears or Colts were smart they'd just back a dump truck full of money up to Mayock's house and hope he agrees to be their GM.

[quote user="Spizi"]Oh btw the 49ers suck **** hahaha go back to your own forums and talk about drafting a QB because Smith blows.[/quote]

Right, remind me again how 49er fans are classless?

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="look@dafilm"]Who is Charley Casserly?[/quote]

You clearly dont belong on these forums.[/quote]

Seriously! Not a fan of the Giants and you don't even know who Charley Casserly is?! You obviously don't follow the draft.[/quote]

I try to form my own opinion actually. The only names I know with the draft are the big ones on TV: Kaiper, Mayock, and Davis. Mayock is usually pretty good, but 2 years ago when he said McCoy was better than Suh, I knew he had a "shockjock" mentality in him like everyone else.

Oh, and what does being a Giants fan have to do with anything?

[quote user="slipknottin"]I am clearly a total ******bag.[/quote]

Fixed for you.