+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: Janoris Jenkins (CB)?

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="Spizi"]awesome prospect but way too much risk for the first round. I think the bust rate for the 1st is around 50% so I want as sure of a thing as possible.[/quote]

What are you talking about?

As for Jenkins, I'd think not IMO, not for the Giants anyway. I can see the Pats taking him though. The Giants have Webster, Prince, and Ross, 2 1sts and a 2nd, and then Thomas coming off of IR who's a 2nd himself. I say they go OT or LB or maybe even C if they want to part ways with Baas.
    [/quote]

Ross and Thomas become free agents in a week. TT is coming off his 2nd injury to the same knee.

Our interest in Jenkins, or any CB for that matter, will depend a great deal on if we bring any of those guys back and if TT's knee is capable of passing a physical.

[/quote] We shall see if Ross or Thomas doesnt come back I think they have to draft another guy fairly high. U need at least 6 Quality starting DB's these days[/quote]

If Ross or Thomas don't come back, Jenkins makes sense (if he lasts that long. I can see a team like Detroit taking him). But if either of them come back, the earliest I would take a CB is the 4th.

[quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="Spizi"]awesome prospect but way too much risk for the first round. I think the bust rate for the 1st is around 50% so I want as sure of a thing as possible.[/quote]

As for Jenkins, I'd think not IMO, not for the Giants anyway. I can see the Pats taking him though. The Giants have Webster, Prince, and Ross, 2 1sts and a 2nd, and then Thomas coming off of IR who's a 2nd himself. I say they go OT or LB or maybe even C if they want to part ways with Baas.
    [/quote]

Charley Casserly was talking about it during the draft last year. The success rate for first rounders is around 50% he said. Idk what he determines as successful and what's not, but that's what he said. Each round gets a progressively worse probability.[/quote]

Who is Charley Casserly? And I can guarentee that isn't true, at least not the average because first of all, "bust" is something that isn't to be thrown around. Was Aaron Ross a "bust"? I hear Giants fans complain about him a lot, but he's still got a future as a corner in this league. He may not be all world but he's here isn't he. So you're right, like you IDK how they determine what that rate is, but its rubbish.
    [/quote]Ross hadnt played well for 3 years. 3 years of sub par play from a first round player will get the anger of fans around here.I guess we r not as patient as 49er fans waiting what 7 seasons for Alex Smith to be competent not even good competent .

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="Spizi"]awesome prospect but way too much risk for the first round. I think the bust rate for the 1st is around 50% so I want as sure of a thing as possible.[/quote]

[/quote]

Charley Casserly was talking about it during the draft last year. The success rate for first rounders is around 50% he said. Idk what he determines as successful and what's not, but that's what he said. Each round gets a progressively worse probability.[/quote]

Who is Charley Casserly? And I can guarentee that isn't true, at least not the average because first of all, "bust" is something that isn't to be thrown around. Was Aaron Ross a "bust"? I hear Giants fans complain about him a lot, but he's still got a future as a corner in this league. He may not be all world but he's here isn't he. So you're right, like you IDK how they determine what that rate is, but its rubbish.
    [/quote]Ross hadnt played well for 3 years. 3 years of sub par play from a first round player will get the anger of fans around here.I guess we r not as patient as 49er fans waiting what 7 seasons for Alex Smith to be competent not even good competent .[/quote]

Wow, Giants fans must be wound uptight because even when I'm just discussing football, you feel as though I'm taking shots at you and therefore must try to take shots at me. All I said was Ross is not a "bust" like some try to say he is. He is still a decent nickel back. Just because someone was a 1st round pick doesn't mean that if they aren't all-pro they aren't useful.

If Ross does come back, it should be a short contract. Any longer and we should be talking a backup's salary. Ross is most effective on the outside. He would probably be a safer starter next year than Prince who is still learning the NFL position.

However, there are maybe 3 or 4 guys on the Giants I want covering the middle of the field before Ross.

[quote user="BillTheGreek"]He's under 5'10''. Too small. He needs to grow a few more inches ! ok for HS, but not the Pros.[/quote]Ignorant post, you obviously no nothing about football much less Jenoris Jenkins.

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="BillTheGreek"]He's under 5'10''. Too small. He needs to grow a few more inches ! ok for HS, but not the Pros.[/quote]Ignorant post, you obviously no nothing about football much less Jenoris Jenkins.
    [/quote]

Ignorant post. you obviously know nothing about football, much less the giants.

The giants just do not draft undersized DBs. Jenkins is under 5'10. He is not a fit at all.

And thats not to say he wont be a really good player in the nfl, I think he can be. But it wont be on the giants.

The Giants shouldn't even have to take a CB in the 1st round after taking Amukamara at 19th overall last year. When you draft a player that high, you expect big things from him and to at least be a starter. Everyone knows JR picks BPA, & if Jenkins happens to be that guy I'd be thrilled. I think one, maybe 2 DB's (mid-late rounds) may be drafted this year. I think they target an OL or DL w/ the 1st rounder.

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="BillTheGreek"]He's under 5'10''. Too small. He needs to grow a few more inches ! ok for HS, but not the Pros.[/quote]Ignorant post, you obviously no nothing about football much less Jenoris Jenkins.
    [/quote]

The giants just do not draft undersized DBs. Jenkins is under 5'10. He is not a fit at all.

And thats not to say he wont be a really good player in the nfl, I think he can be. But it wont be on the giants.[/quote]Woo, woo, slow your roll tough guy. I'm talking about the part where he's talking about he needs to grow a few more inches (already grown), and he's ok for HS, but not the pros. That's the ignorant statement I'm talking about.

Here's a good article on Janoris Jenkins. Link: http://jacksonville.com/sports/colle...anoris-jenkins

Janoris Jenkins had a choice during that car ride from Gainesville to
    Pahokee when he left behind the place where his dreams were supposed to
    come true.

He rode back with his mentor and his father, both of whom tried to
    plead his case with Florida coach Will Muschamp, but the time for second
    chances had passed. It was one day after Muschamp kicked the star
    cornerback out of Florida and it was time for them to talk about
    Jenkins’ future.

He could keep smoking marijuana, getting arrested and allowing that
    to dictate his path. Or he could stop doing drugs, stop getting in
    trouble and stop drifting further away from doing the things rare
    athletic ability allowed him to do.

“I just asked him at the end of the day, ‘What do you want to be in
    life?’ ” said Sandy Cornelio, Jenkins’ aforementioned mentor. “Do you
    want to be in the Army like I am? Do you want to work in the cornfield
    like your father? Or do you want to play in the NFL? Don’t waste our
    time.”

They drove to Pahokee, Jenkins’ hometown, but in Jenkins’ mind his true destination became clearer.

“I learned as a young man, you can’t smoke weed; it don’t get you
    where you want to go,” Jenkins said. “… As a kid I had to learn for
    myself. I learned for myself when I found out the hard way. I just thank
    God for letting that happen to me early and not late.”

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="BillTheGreek"]He's under 5'10''. Too small. He needs to grow a few more inches ! ok for HS, but not the Pros.[/quote]Ignorant post, you obviously no nothing about football much less Jenoris Jenkins.
    [/quote]

And thats not to say he wont be a really good player in the nfl, I think he can be. But it wont be on the giants.[/quote]

Speaking of ignorant posts: I'm very to see how far Dre Kirkpatrick slips...