+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: Janoris Jenkins (CB)?

Did you see how he got abused by Micheal Floyd? Please look for the tape he was owned. I do think he'll do well against small fast recievers but big receivers will kill him.
    See what happened to Newman from Dallas ? He's not the type of conner we like.

[quote user="CruzSoldier"]Did you see how he got abused by Micheal Floyd? Please look for the tape he was owned. I do think he'll do well against small fast recievers but big receivers will kill him.[/quote]Janoris Jenkins never faced Micheal Floyd, you're probably thinking of former Cane CB Brandon Harris. As far as your statement about big receivers will kill him, I just have to sigh (Julio Jones, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffries, ect.). Highly doubt he'll even be available when the Giants pick anyway. Even though Jenkins won't be a Giant, he'll be a baller in the NFL & I'll back him 100%.

[quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="Spizi"]awesome prospect but way too much risk for the first round. I think the bust rate for the 1st is around 50% so I want as sure of a thing as possible.[/quote]

What are you talking about?

As for Jenkins, I'd think not IMO, not for the Giants anyway. I can see the Pats taking him though. The Giants have Webster, Prince, and Ross, 2 1sts and a 2nd, and then Thomas coming off of IR who's a 2nd himself. I say they go OT or LB or maybe even C if they want to part ways with Baas.
    [/quote]

Ross and TT are both FAs next year and its highly likely one or both don't make the team. And chances are TT is still a year away from being full speed ala his ACL injury.

I happen to think they dump ross and keep TT and eventually move him to Safety which means we still need a top corner in the next year or so.

That's why I think CB is going to be a position of concern in this draft (whether JJ is the answer or not).

I agree with most that the head problems on a first round pick (and the size issue) will probably make him a no-go for the Giants though.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="BillTheGreek"]He's under 5'10''. Too small. He needs to grow a few more inches ! ok for HS, but not the Pros.[/quote]Ignorant post, you obviously no nothing about football much less Jenoris Jenkins.
    [/quote]

Ignorant post. you obviously know nothing about football, much less the giants.

The giants just do not draft undersized DBs. Jenkins is under 5'10. He is not a fit at all.

And thats not to say he wont be a really good player in the nfl, I think he can be. But it wont be on the giants.[/quote]

Just to play Devil's Advocate (and I agree that the Giants try and target larger CBs) but doesn't JJ have like the best vertical in the entire draft (we'll see at the Combine but that was the word on him)?
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="heavyhitter"]The Giants shouldn't even have to take a CB in the 1st round after taking Amukamara at 19th overall last year. When you draft a player that high, you expect big things from him and to at least be a starter. Everyone knows JR picks BPA, & if Jenkins happens to be that guy I'd be thrilled. I think one, maybe 2 DB's (mid-late rounds) may be drafted this year. I think they target an OL or DL w/ the 1st rounder.
    [/quote]

Eh not precisely true .... he took JPP over Iupati in 2010 (Iupati being a more NFL ready talent at the time and a need position).

JR generally does a pretty good job of blending need/desire/BPA.

Ramses Barden was a great example of desire over BPA. There were better receivers that year earlier/later (and available) but JR wanted another possible Plax (bad decision but there ya go).

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="heavyhitter"]The Giants shouldn't even have to take a CB in the 1st round after taking Amukamara at 19th overall last year. When you draft a player that high, you expect big things from him and to at least be a starter. Everyone knows JR picks BPA, & if Jenkins happens to be that guy I'd be thrilled. I think one, maybe 2 DB's (mid-late rounds) may be drafted this year. I think they target an OL or DL w/ the 1st rounder.
    [/quote]

Eh not precisely true .... he took JPP over Iupati in 2010 (Iupati being a more NFL ready talent at the time and a need position).

JR generally does a pretty good job of blending need/desire/BPA.

Ramses Barden was a great example of desire over BPA. There were better receivers that year earlier/later (and available) but JR wanted another possible Plax (bad decision but there ya go).[/quote]

Seems a little revisionist to give him props for taking a chance on a physical freak like JPP, bu then condemning him for doing the exact same thing in round 3 with Barden.

Both were physical freaks and considered a bit "developmental." 1 worked out in droves and the other has yet to work out, in part because of injuries, which can hardly be predicted by a GM(in most cases.)

Back when we picked Nicks, Reese said we missed the physical outside presence since Plax departure. So, we had the guy who replaced Plax already. Therefor your guess as to why Reese selected Barden to replace plax doesnt really work. I think its fair to say Barden was selected because the guy really is a physical specimen and he produce quite amazing numbers in college.

There was no sure fire way to see how Nicks would turn out, so Barden was added in addition.

I think the only "physically freak" thing about Barden was his height.

[quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="Spizi"]awesome prospect but way too much risk for the first round. I think the bust rate for the 1st is around 50% so I want as sure of a thing as possible.[/quote]

What are you talking about?

As for Jenkins, I'd think not IMO, not for the Giants anyway. I can see the Pats taking him though. The Giants have Webster, Prince, and Ross, 2 1sts and a 2nd, and then Thomas coming off of IR who's a 2nd himself. I say they go OT or LB or maybe even C if they want to part ways with Baas.
    [/quote]

This is for you Dragon

I doubt TC will take the risk again on a player who has known issues with drugs. Janoris is a stud of a player but he wasted the talent. Like Ricky Williams, he enjoys the weed a little too much.

[quote user="bLuereverie"]I think the only "physically freak" thing about Barden was his height.[/quote]

Agreed. The guy has no speed, quickness, or burst. Vastly overrated