+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Bench Player

New England's Offensive Firepower

Some things to keep in mind and consider with an offense like this. Even though some may say that the offense is based on Tightends I want to remind people that Tom has and will spread the ball around. Although that offense "features" their tightends which are two of the best in the game, he can and will spread the ball around. There are plenty of weapons, and fire power and he never and I mean NEVER has back to backsubpar performances. Not to mention that runninggame which was not present last Superbowl, with the underrated battering ram BenJarvus Green-Ellis who gashed Baltimore's linebackers and the elusive potential game changing Danny Woodhead who can create havoc both in the passing and running game, there is a reason that offense is in the big danceand quiet a few more things to look out for....</P>

- Bill Belichick will have a great offensive and defensive game plan</P>

- Tom Brady is the best in the game and perhaps the best this game has ever seen.</P>

- Wes Welker although may seem like he dissappears, he still makes his key grabs and is still untouchable.</P>

- Deion Branch is sneaky, and can still get open.. have to be careful with him</P>

- Chad Ochocinco is coming off of a family death, and has been regarded as one of the best wide receivers of his generation. Although he has been quiet thus far, his talent and ability cannot be questioned and MUST and I mean MUST be taken seriously. </P>

- Rob Gronkowski is too big, too fast, too strong, too smart with great hands and is the best tightend in the NFL. He will get his grabs bar none.</P>

- Aaron Hernandez is fast, versatile, has great speed, very good hands and can play some X. He can line up in the runningback position and he too will make hisplays.</P>

- Julian Edelman is another one that although plays both sides of the ball can be very effective in both the slot and the backfield. He can mimick Wes Welker very well and got open on a few plays during the post season thus far. His elusiveness and YAC ability must be taken seriously as he can make you miss with the best of them.</P>

- BenJarvus Green-Ellis runs hard, tough, patient and can wear a defense down, he is extremely underrated and never fumbles the ball. Danny Woodhead on the other side is what I call an X-Factor because he can beat you in both the passing and running game with his quickness, elusiveness, visionand solid hands. (Also don't discount Kevin Faulk RB/WR, and Stevan Ridley)</P>

- And last but not least, Logan Mankins, Brian Waters and Matt Light have elevated the play ofthe offensive line and will keep Tom clean as much as they can. They are huge, very smart and work well together. They made it very hard for guys like Von Miller and Terrell Suggs to get through to Tom...</P>

So with all of that being said,thisin myopinion will betoo much for many. </P>

All-Pro

Re: New England's Offensive Firepower

[quote user="Intellect"]

Some things to keep in mind and consider with an offense like this. Even though some may say that the offense is based on Tightends I want to remind people that Tom has and will spread the ball around. Although that offense "features" their tightends which are two of the best in the game, he can and will spread the ball around. There are plenty of weapons, and fire power and he never and I mean NEVER has back to backsubpar performances. Not to mention that runninggame which was not present last Superbowl, with the underrated battering ram BenJarvus Green-Ellis who gashed Baltimore's linebackers and the elusive potential game changing Danny Woodhead who can create havoc both in the passing and running game, there is a reason that offense is in the big danceand quiet a few more things to look out for....</P>

- Tom Brady is the best in the game and perhaps the best this game has ever seen.</P>

- Wes Welker although may seem like he dissappears, he still makes his key grabs and is still untouchable.</P>

- Deion Branch is sneaky, and can still get open.. have to be careful with him</P>

<FONT size=5>- Chad Ochocinco is coming off of a family death, and has been regarded as one of the best wide receivers of his generation. Although he has been quiet thus far, his talent and ability cannot be questioned and MUST and I mean MUST be taken seriously. </FONT></P>

- Rob Gronkowski is too big, too fast, too strong, too smart with great hands and is the best tightend in the NFL. He will get his grabs bar none.</P>

- Aaron Hernandez is fast, versatile, has great speed, very good hands and can play some X. He can line up in the runningback position and he too will make hisplays.</P>

- Julian Edelman is another one that although plays both sides of the ball can be very effective in both the slot and the backfield. He can mimick Wes Welker very well and got open on a few plays during the post season thus far. His elusiveness and YAC ability must be taken seriously as he can make you miss with the best of them.</P>

- BenJarvus Green-Ellis runs hard, tough, patient and can wear a defense down, he is extremely underrated and never fumbles the ball. Danny Woodhead on the other side is what I call an X-Factor because he can beat you in both the passing and running game with his quickness, elusiveness, visionand solid hands. (Also don't discount Kevin Faulk RB/WR, and Stevan Ridley)</P>

- And last but not least, Logan Mankins, Brian Waters and Matt Light have elevated the play ofthe offensive line and will keep Tom clean as much as they can. They are huge, very smart and work well together. They made it very hard for guys like Von Miller and Terrell Suggs to get through to Tom...</P>

So with all of that being said,thisin myopinion will betoo much for many. </P>[/quote]i'm with you but he cant catch what is not thrown.. D-LINE for the win!

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="Intellect"]

<FONT size=5>- Chad Ochocinco is coming off of a family death, and has been regarded as one of the best wide receivers of his generation. Although he has been quiet thus far, his talent and ability cannot be questioned and MUST and I mean MUST be taken seriously. </FONT></P>

So with all of that being said,thisin myopinion will betoo much for many. </P>

[/quote]i'm with you but he cant catch what is not thrown.. D-LINE for the win![/quote]</P>

The Giants will not overlookany receiver that Brady throws to.</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="Intellect"]

[/quote]i'm with you but he cant catch what is not thrown.. D-LINE for the win![/quote]</P>

The Giants will not overlookany receiver that Brady throws to.</P>[/quote]very true.. but i'm implying Brady wont have time to throw to any wr

Bench Player

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="Intellect"]

The Giants will not overlookany receiver that Brady throws to.</P>

[/quote]very true.. but i'm implying Brady wont have time to throw to any wr[/quote]</P>

</P>

I'm pretty sure New England is aware of the Giants pash rush and will come up with ways to neutralize that. You have to remember that guys like Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Haloti Ngataand Terrell Suggs were pretty much non factors during the previous post season games. We all know about your 4 solid pash rushers but with probowlers Logan Mankins and Brian Waters anchoring that line I don't think that will be a problem. </P>

All-Pro

[quote user="Intellect"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="Intellect"]

The Giants will not overlook*any receiver that Brady throws to.</P>

[/quote]very true.. but i'm implying Brady wont have time to throw to any wr[/quote]</P>

*</P>

I'm pretty sure New England is aware of the Giants pash rush and will come up with ways to neutralize that.* You have to remember that guys like Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, Haloti Ngata*and Terrell Suggs were pretty much non factors during the previous post season games.* We all know about your 4 solid pash rushers but with probowlers Logan Mankins and Brian Waters anchoring that line I don't think that will be a problem.* </P>[/quote]Your coach is a super genius and I'd expect nothing less of him.. Should be a great game...
    You got a final score you want to predict?

I was just checking out the Pats stats a little while ago, and yeah, they are impressive:</P>

http://www.patriots.com/games-and-stats/statistics.html</P>

While the Giants had 2 receivers who were 1,000 yards,NE had 2 as well, plus a third who had over 900 and a 4th who had over 700.</P>

I was actually surprised by the productivity of the NE RBs (and that guy Ridley has a real nice YPC). I've never been that impressed with Law Firm, except for the fact that he never fumbles. But, they were a lot more productive than I thought.</P>

With that being said, I'll take the Giants chances. Not to be ****y and of course the Pats can win the SB, but how did they not beat us with all of those weapons in the regular season matchup when were particularly banged up?</P>

I think that NE needs to be worried about what our D can do to your O.</P>

and then the OP woke up.

one-i objectively believe eli is playing at a higher level than brady.

two-eddleman? u beleive he will be someone we can't handle? sure, i really hope NE puts him on cruz in the slot.

three-ochocinco the best wr of his generation??lmfao,

four-your OL got DESTROYED by our dl 4 yrs ago. i dont know how u think they'll do being 4 yrs older, slower, and less athletic.

deon branch? lol.

u got two things going for u, ur te's. and one of em i believe will not play and if he does will just be a decoy.

welker has seemingly taken a couple steps back, he hasnt had a dominant game in weeks it seems.

Brady is the type of QB who if u get him off his spot in the pocket, he becomes very, well, ordinary. our dl will do that at least, i expect several sacks. the only qb's our DL struggles with are the ones who can scramble. brady will be a sitting duck.

most importantly, your defense will have absolutely no shot at containing our offense. whether its the run game or pass attack, we will be able to do what we want at will...i dont mean to be disrespectful, im just sharing with u what i believe to be true.

we beat u guys in NE "when NE absolutely NEVER has back to back losses" and when NE hadnt lost a home game with brady starting in like 4 years....oh and we did it without our starting rb and #1 wr, oh yeah wihout a few of our OL and DB's and with several of our starters being really banged up and not healthy....i just dont think the two teams are even close in talent. i just see us being the better team, but quite a margin.

NE had all that success bc opposing teams couldnt match your qb play...well now brady will have to match eli's play and i just dont think he'll be able to.

it should be a great game and a lot of fun. at least u'll have the consolation of being the second best team.

no one (well, no one who is intelligent) is questioning the talent of your offense.</P>

the question is, who's closer to negating offensive output, our defense against tom or your defense against Eli.</P>

if wilfork plays like he did against baltimore, we're in trouble, because no on expect tom brady to come up and barf it up like he did against the Ravens.</P>

but if wilfork plays like he did for most of the Pats regular season, then Eli is going to have a MUCH easier time against your defense than you will against ours.</P>

one thing that is underestimated about our group is how battle-tested they are.</P>

we've been playing elimination games for more than a month, the confidence in our locker room is high but not so high that we take an opponent lightly.</P>

we've faced offensive powerhouses, and we've faced defensive powerhouses, and we're still here.</P>

in a dome on on fast turf, if our offense gets a fast start, i don't think your offense will play well against our defense with a lead.</P>

if its a close game, and wilfork is having a beast of a day, i think the giants lose.</P>

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

no one (well, no one who is intelligent) is questioning the talent of your offense.</P>

the question is, who's closer to negating offensive output, our defense against tom or your defense against Eli.</P>

if wilfork plays like he did against baltimore, we're in trouble, because no on expect tom brady to come up and barf it up like he did against the Ravens.</P>

but if wilfork plays like he did for most of the Pats regular season, then Eli is going to have a MUCH easier time against your defense than you will against ours.</P>

one thing that is underestimated about our group is how battle-tested they are.</P>

we've been playing elimination games for more than a month, the confidence in our locker room is high but not so high that we take an opponent lightly.</P>

we've faced offensive powerhouses, and we've faced defensive powerhouses, and we're still here.</P>

in a dome on on fast turf, if our offense gets a fast start, i don't think your offense will play well against our defense with a lead.</P>

if its a close game, and wilfork is having a beast of a day, i think the giants lose.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I agree with your assessment and I'm not taking away anything from the greatness of Wilfork, but I don't expect him to have that same game against us that he had against the Ravens. Not that he's not capable of it. </P>

But even if he does, I still think we win this game. Wilfork had that great game, and still the Ravens were this [ ] close to at least sending the game into OT.</P>