If we win the toss, would you elect to go defense or offense first?
I know if the Giants win the toss, they will most likely take the ball and go on offense first. So, here are my thoughts:
Reason to go offense first:
1) Keep Brady and the Pats offense off the field
2) We have a tendency to start off slow on offense, so give us a chance to have more offensive possessions.
3) Have a chance to score first, gain some momentum, drain the clock, tire out the defense and reinforces #1.
Reasons to go on defense first:
1) If we can get the Pats offense off the field, we'll gain momentum for our defense
2) Everyone starts off with jitters....may make their offense start out of sync...gives us momentum
3) We will get the ball at the start of the 2nd half, so regardless of how the first half goes, we know we'll get the ball.
4) Limits the number of possessions for the Pats offense in the 2nd half
Again, I'm sure the Giants will want the ball, but I always prefer to send the Defense out first to make a statement and get the ball first in the 2nd half....thoughts?