+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

One thing I noticed about Eli and Cruz

I was rewatching the NFC championship game last night during the first drive Eli throws a pass in Cruz's direction but Cruz wasn't there. They weren't on the same page and you see Eli talking to Cruz for a good length of time.

After seeing how the game played out you get the sense that Eli was trying to let Cruz know..."look man the ball is gonna be coming your way ALOT so get your head in the game."

And of course the rest is history.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Veteran

Re: One thing I noticed about Eli and Cruz

[quote user="burier"]I was rewatching the NFC championship game last night during the first drive Eli throws a pass in Cruz's direction but Cruz wasn't there. They weren't on the same page and you see Eli talking to Cruz for a good length of time. After seeing how the game played out you get the sense that Eli was trying to let Cruz know..."look man the ball is gonna be coming your way ALOT so get your head in the game." And of course the rest is history.[/quote]

Or maybe he just said "hey cruz, based on the coverage I saw there I thought you should of zigged instead of zagged"

[quote user="Seducer"]

[quote user="burier"]I was rewatching the NFC championship game last night during the first drive Eli throws a pass in Cruz's direction but Cruz wasn't there. They weren't on the same page and you see Eli talking to Cruz for a good length of time. After seeing how the game played out you get the sense that Eli was trying to let Cruz know..."look man the ball is gonna be coming your way ALOT so get your head in the game." And of course the rest is history.[/quote]

Or maybe he just said "hey cruz, based on the coverage I saw there I thought you should of zigged instead of zagged"

[/quote]

That's more likely

[quote user="Mod_C"][quote user="Seducer"]

[/quote]

That's more likely
    [/quote]

That's not really the point but whateves.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[quote user="Seducer"]

[/quote]

Oh God I wish that's what he said. That was great.

[quote user="Seducer"]

[/quote]

It was more than that I would think just based on the look on Eli's face and the more than "just a few words" said by Eli...

As great as Cruz has been heis still youngthere is always room for improvement. Thats one of the team's mantras....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="burier"]I was rewatching the NFC championship game last night during the first drive Eli throws a pass in Cruz's direction but Cruz wasn't there. They weren't on the same page and you see Eli talking to Cruz for a good length of time.

After seeing how the game played out you get the sense that Eli was trying to let Cruz know..."look man the ball is gonna be coming your way ALOT so get your head in the game."

And of course the rest is history.[/quote]

lol. You are too funny. lol.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

Amani was doing the rounds on radio today and I heard him talking about Cruz.

He said that he is in Gilbride's back pocket. Always picking his brain while trying to fully understand the offense.

He should only get better - if that is at all possible.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

[quote user="Roosevelt"]Amani was doing the rounds on radio today and I heard him talking about Cruz.

He said that he is in Gilbride's back pocket. Always picking his brain while trying to fully understand the offense.

He should only get better - if that is at all possible.
    [/quote]

everyone loves Cruz but the thing i like the most is the fact that he seems to have an absolutely sick work ethic.

i've heard it more than a few times.

there's a TON of talent in this league, usually the difference between success and mediocrity is the work you put in.

All-Pro

[quote user="Seducer"]

[/quote]

I liked the 49ers announcers talking about cruz eating their secondary alive. He said its like Eli and Cruz are just out there by themselves playing pitch and catch or Flag football. Niners better find an answer for this kid quick or it will be a long day

Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***