+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Screen Pass

Hybrid View

Bench Player

The Screen Pass

Prepare for it .. You know it is coming to counter that NYG pass rush and the Giants do not have the speed to really stop it, more less slow it down. Possible candidates on the other end to receive are the LAW-FIRM, Wes Welker, allpurpose - Danny Woodhead,Aaron "The X-Man" Hernandez, Julian"Joystick" Edelman, and Kevin don't call me"Marshall" Faulk... </P>

All-Pro

Re: The Screen Pass

[quote user="Intellect"]

Prepare for it .. You know it is coming to counter that NYG pass rush and the Giants do not have the speed to really stop it, more less slow it down. Possible candidates on the other end to receive are the LAW-FIRM, Wes Welker, allpurpose - Danny Woodhead,Aaron "The X-Man" Hernandez, Julian"Joystick" Edelman, and Kevin don't call me"Marshall" Faulk... </P>

[/quote]</P>

guess you have not watched in last 5/6 weeks. We have been laying the wood to guys catching screens. Leveling them for no gains and alot of the times throwing them for losses. Its coming and you cant stop it.</P>
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="Intellect"]

Prepare for it .. You know it is coming to counter that NYG pass rush and the Giants do not have the speed to really stop it, more less slow it down.* Possible candidates on the other end to receive are the LAW-FIRM, Wes Welker, allpurpose -* Danny Woodhead,*Aaron "The X-Man" Hernandez, Julian*"Joystick" Edelman, and Kevin don't call me*"Marshall" Faulk... </P>[/quote]

Can you please the shut **** up, and go troll a Jets board? Good lord you've just spent writing up a ****ing thesis to show us how great your organization is. Look I get it, you are "going to beat us" and that we should be scared. None of your fanbase KNEW what football was before 2001.

Veteran

[quote user="Intellect"]

Prepare for it .. You know it is coming to counter that NYG pass rush and the Giants do not have the speed to really stop it, more less slow it down. Possible candidates on the other end to receive are the LAW-FIRM, Wes Welker, allpurpose - Danny Woodhead,Aaron "The X-Man" Hernandez, Julian"Joystick" Edelman, and Kevin don't call me"Marshall" Faulk... </p>[/quote]lmao at your teams lame nicknames.

Bench Player

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="Intellect"]

[/quote]lmao at your teams lame nicknames.
    [/quote]</P>

Yeah but the impact they'll have on offense won't be.</P>

LAW-FIRM: Lays down the law when he runs, meaning he'll dictate to you what he wants your defense to do, and they have to abide by it.</P>

Allpurpose - Danny Woodhead can beat you in the bacfield, through the middle, in the flats, underneath or anywhere on the field with the ball in his hands.</P>

X-Man - Hernandez does well as a runningback, can play out wide, in the slot of off of the line. Alot like Dallas Clark but better.</P>

Joystick - Edelman's elusiveness, flexibility and vision are kind of like one of those madden players where you can use the juke move to make some miss.</P>

Don't call me Kevin - in the past, with Faulk's moves people compared him to his cousin. Not talent wise but the ability to make miss.</P>

Starter

[quote user="Intellect"]

Prepare for it .. You know it is coming to counter that NYG pass rush and the Giants do not have the speed to really stop it, more less slow it down.* Possible candidates on the other end to receive are the LAW-FIRM, Wes Welker, allpurpose -* Danny Woodhead,*Aaron "The X-Man" Hernandez, Julian*"Joystick" Edelman, and Kevin don't call me*"Marshall" Faulk... </P>[/quote]

Now I'm not gonna be a **** but you say we don't have the speed? That is exactly the strength of our having so many good Dlinemen the onlly one who doesn't really play the run is Osi and you can't just keep pounding it to his side be cause he switches in and out. Honestly next time you post a topic please use your INTELLECT and think about how we may be able to neutralize exactly what you may be bragging about. Seems like your getting tunnel vision.

Bench Player

[quote user="JPP"][quote user="Intellect"]

[/quote] Now I'm not gonna be a **** but you say we don't have the speed? That is exactly the strength of our having so many good Dlinemen the onlly one who doesn't really play the run is Osi and you can't just keep pounding it to his side be cause he switches in and out. Honestly next time you post a topic please use your INTELLECT and think about how we may be able to neutralize exactly what you may be bragging about. Seems like your getting tunnel vision.[/quote]</P>

There you go again always referring back to your Dlineman. Listen, we all know the Giants have good d-line, so I'm sure they will be neutralized with screen passes, stunt blocks and just shear effort, size and strength. Don't you think that New England and that incredibly deadly squad realize that? What good is speed going to do when you have to defend screens? It's not like our quick backs will get chased down from behind after the lineman are trying to switch gears from rushing to passer to pursing the screen, not enough time. And by the time they get to Tom, it will be too late anyways. And your Linebackers are average at best, also lacking to speed to bottle these guys up. Thats the thing, all you have is that front-line which is your only line of defense so you better pray they have a good game because if they don't then there goes your defense.</P>

Starter

[quote user="Intellect"][quote user="JPP"][quote user="Intellect"]

Prepare for it .. You know it is coming to counter that NYG pass rush and the Giants do not have the speed to really stop it, more less slow it down.* Possible candidates on the other end to receive are the LAW-FIRM, Wes Welker, allpurpose -* Danny Woodhead,*Aaron "The X-Man" Hernandez, Julian*"Joystick" Edelman, and Kevin don't call me*"Marshall" Faulk... </P>

[/quote] Now I'm not gonna be a **** but you say we don't have the speed? That is exactly the strength of our having so many good Dlinemen the onlly one who doesn't really play the run is Osi and you can't just keep pounding it to his side be cause he switches in and out. Honestly next time you post a topic please use your INTELLECT and think about how we may be able to neutralize exactly what you may be bragging about. Seems like your getting tunnel vision.[/quote]</P>

There you go again always referring back to your Dlineman.* Listen, we all know the Giants have good d-line, so I'm sure they will be neutralized with screen passes, stunt blocks and just shear effort, size and strength.* Don't you think that New England and that incredibly deadly squad realize that?* What good is speed going to do when you have to defend screens?* It's not like our quick backs will get chased down from behind after the lineman are trying to switch gears from rushing to passer to pursing the screen, not enough time.* And by the time they get to Tom, it will be too late anyways.* And your Linebackers are average at best, also lacking to speed to bottle these guys up.** Thats the thing, all you have is that front-line which is your only line of defense so you better pray they have a good game because if they don't then there goes your defense.</P>[/quote]

First off have you ever even seen Tuck or JPP play they always follow the play down field and have lots of experience containing plays in the back field as we play the Eagles regularly who as well as Vick can run like to throw the ball out to McCoy to do just what your saying "neutralize the pass rush." But beyond that we have Boley who is a very good coverage linebacker and up until this season probably our only consistent backer in coverage but Williams has stepped up as a rookie and because of his terrific speed and long wing span he is proving to be another versatile linebacker on the other side. I'm not trying to make it the same old argument and just say our line is the be all end all because I think you guys have a good offensive line and very quick receivers, let alone a very opportunistic defense, but I was merely pointing out that if it was as easy as just screen passing don't you think you guys would be working on your 5th SB title?